[OT] Final 4

nfreeman

13 members have voted

1. 1. Whom (if anyone) are you rooting for in the Final 4?

• Butler
    • Duke
    • Michigan State
    • West Virgina
    • Not rooting for anyone
    • Not going to watch it
  2. 2. How do you feel about Duke?

• Dislike
    • No preference

Just curious about people's opinions on the Final 4 and about Duke. It seems like Duke has become the NY Yankees of college basketball -- ie no one can stand them outside of their core fan base. Of course, since Christian Laettner is from Buffalo and Greg Paulus was from Syracuse, maybe they are more well liked in WNY than elsewhere.

Aren't they done playing yet?

I used to watch the NCAA tourney back when players actually stayed in school all four years. You would get a powerhouse team that would excel for several seasons, then someone else would come along. Now, when you have kids playing a season and then jumping to the NBA, the tourney is wide open every year and you have no idea who is even on the teams anymore. So, I quit watching......

I've been hooked on Duke since Laettner went there, but my interest has waned in recent years as Coach K thinks he can win with a bunch of 3 point shooters who can't do much of anything else. If Baylor could have risen above playground ball, they might have beaten Duke.

The thing I like about the Final Four this year is that any of the four teams have a good shot at winning. I'd love to see Butler win, but won't be upset if one of the other 3 end up winning.

I've been hooked on Duke since Laettner went there...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That's like rooting for Darth Vader (pre-prequels as he become sympathetic as little Anni).

Laettner? I know he was the hometown boy but his blackcent/head band phase was uncomfortable to say the least.

My problem with the entire tournament is this - Not every buzzer beater is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Not to mention, not every lower seed beating a higher seed is an upset. Vegas had many of the lower seeds favored to win their games and they did!!

Not to mention, not every lower seed beating a higher seed is an upset. Vegas had many of the lower seeds favored to win their games and they did!!

Also, there are too many schools. I just can't care about Bunyan Ag. Tech. versus Donnie Brasco State

Archived