Magic Number?

Rabbit151

It's a little complicated since any of Ottawa, Montreal, and Boston can still possibly pass us.

Here's the best I can do:

Ottawa: Any combination of 10 points either won by us or lost by them and Ottawa cannot pass us.

Montreal: 7 points

Boston: 9 points

So yeah, 5 wins would in fact lock up the division.

They can do it in 4 games. The next four.

A win against Ottawa, plus 2 pts for Sabres, only 14 points available to the Sens. They max out at 97.

A win against Tampa, plus 2 Sabres

A win against Boston, plus 2 Sabres, Boston's available is 18. They max out at 96 pts

A win against Florida, plus 2 Sabres.

This gives Sabres 98 points and the division regardless how the other teams play (see:clinch)

Ooooo. I just had that playoff hockey chill complete with goosebumps.

you just hope they go into playoffs hungry, instead of coast mode. hopefully Lindy can convince them that 2nd place is VERY important because you know the battle with NJ and pit will go to last day.

I hope Torres is back soon, I think he'll be a valuable playoff guy, if he can find chemistry with one of these lines. what kind of linemates did he have in Columbus and Edmonton...anyone know

A win against Ottawa, plus 2 pts for Sabres, only 14 points available to the Sens. They max out at 97.

A win against Boston, plus 2 Sabres, Boston's available is 18. They max out at 96 pts

This gives Sabres 98 points and the division regardless how the other teams play (see:clinch)

Wow, Carp never answered the bell. But a woman with determination, and apparently some time on her hands, takes care of it. Thanks, Chz, and let's see 4 wins in a row and some rest for the guys who need it (makes no difference to me between 2d and 3d).

Wow, Carp never answered the bell. But a woman with determination, and apparently some time on her hands, takes care of it. Thanks, Chz, and let's see 4 wins in a row and some rest for the guys who need it (makes no difference to me between 2d and 3d).

Sure, ignore me. Thanks a lot.

Wow, Carp never answered the bell.

I ... have ... a ... job ...

BTW, a win tomorrow night clinches a playoff berth. We've already clinched against the Leafs, the Islanders, the Lightning, the Panthers and the Hurricanes. We need 2 to pass the Rangers (a tie wouldn't do it due to the potential wins tiebreaker.) We also need 2 to tie Atlanta's best, but we would have 41 wins to their max of 40 if they win out.

Sweet I can't believe it. Pretty entertaining season to say the least! Can't wait for the playoffs. Lets hope the boys have the guts to go the distance. A parrot phrase if you will.

careful now.. someone with x-ray vision is watching ya'

But she had the right answer! Or at least convinced me.

She gave a specific example of what I spelled out. 8 points for the Sabres and 2 points lost for both Ottawa and Montreal. I want credit ###### and I'll keep on parroting until I get it. :pirate:

I need to change Boston's max points to 94. They lost to Tampa Bay last night.

So...

A win against Boston, plus 2 Sabres, Boston's available is 16. They max out at 94 pts

This gives Sabres 98 points and the division regardless how the other teams play

Montreal's max pts is 96.

She gave a specific example of what I spelled out. 8 points for the Sabres and 2 points lost for both Ottawa and Montreal. I want credit ###### and I'll keep on parroting until I get it. :pirate:

Shrader, if you want to be a leader in the Sabrespace, you have to get out of your mother's basement and do your homework.

Archived