Is Butler to fragile to be benched?

LabattBlue

"Haven't been bad" sounds like settling. I want to see this team make some moves to help in a deep playoff run. I can live with Lydman and Rivet at the 5-6 spots at 12-14 minutes in the playoffs as long as Regier gets a solid #4 to play with Butler.

the only Solid #4's I see coming on the market are Kaberle and Whitney.

Butler's biggest problem: No mean streak and lacks desire to win battles for the puck.

You hit the jackpot. There was one play last season where Miller got ran over and he looked like a deer in headlights. He did go and hit the player after thinking about it. Anyone remember that? This past off-season, i had hoped he would get stronger and become more of a physical presence. He hasn't. And back in the day, every time Alexei Zhitnik shot the puck from the point you knew it was going wide, now with Butler, every time he shoots it's blocked. So frustrating to watch.

the only Solid #4's I see coming on the market are Kaberle and Whitney.

Ryan Whitney from Anaheim? I seriously doubt he will be dealt by the Ducks. And if you mean Ray Whitney from the Hurricanes, you must know he's a forward, not a defenseman.

The one Dudley gives out to his favorite Sabre?

I only have those :wub: for you .

Another one of those moments (probably not as rare as some would think) were we think alike. I mentioned this exact thing to a friend. Bill Hajt, Richard Smelnik, Chris Butler....

Nice Wow analogy, 3 different generations of somewhat the same player.

We used to affectionately refer to Bill as "Rubber stick Hajt" !

I only have those :wub: for you .

Nice Wow analogy, 3 different generations of somewhat the same player.

We used to affectionately refer to Bill as "Rubber stick Hajt" !

Hey a lot of people know that Schoeny put out an album way back when, but did you know Duds did too?

Another one of those moments (probably not as rare as some would think) were we think alike. I mentioned this exact thing to a friend. Bill Hajt, Richard Smelnik, Chris Butler....

Like I said earlier, my biggest problem with Butler isn't the fact that he is soft, it is his play in general. Being soft is just the icing on the cake. ;)

Hey a lot of people know that Schoeny put out an album way back when, but did you know Duds did too?

Why yes Sir I did. He did it when he was playing for the Cincinnatti Stingers of the WHL. I think hockey needed to stay the day job.

Why yes Sir I did. He did it when he was playing for the Cincinnatti Stingers of the WHL. I think hockey needed to stay the day job.

Do Right Records that featured two songs: A-side's Natural Man and B-side's I Don't Want To Cry. Mad Dog Music published this masterpiece album

"Haven't been bad" sounds like settling. I want to see this team make some moves to help in a deep playoff run. I can live with Lydman and Rivet at the 5-6 spots at 12-14 minutes in the playoffs as long as Regier gets a solid #4 to play with Butler.

Leaving a wish list out of it -- if the Sabres only acquire 1 guy, would you rather get a forward or a defenseman? And which one (if any) do you think will happen? Not trying to be argumentative -- I'm just curious as to where you see the greater need.

Ryan Whitney from Anaheim? I seriously doubt he will be dealt by the Ducks. And if you mean Ray Whitney from the Hurricanes, you must know he's a forward, not a defenseman.

Thank you, my bad. I was actually thinking Pikkanen, while carrying on another conversation. .....

The mind goes off and works funny in my 40's.

Archived