Well, Ottawa Is Officially Most Hated Team Again

CallawaySabres

For the record, I've hated the Sens since Ron Tugnutt and the 97 playoffs. I just remember listening to the game in bed on my little walkman radio and hearing "and Tugnutt makes the saaaave" over and over again. Steve Shields was a hero that year because of all of Hasek's dramatics.

Yes, Shields was A hero; Derek @#$@ing Plante was THE hero.

I can't hold too much animosity towards a guy that made Derek Plante a hero beyond what he'd been in '93-'94 (when as a rookie he finished 3 points off 3rd on the team after Patty missed most of the year). Nobody remembers, but Derek was supposed to be the "star" of the '94 US Olympic Team, but the Sabres wouldn't give him the 2 weeks off.

Ottawa's been my most hated team since 05-06 when they owned the Sabres in the regular season. The Neil incident intensified it about 100 times for me. It died down a bit over the past year or two, but now that Ottawa is pummeling them again, it's ramping up.

I never liked the Rangers too much to begin with, but Ottawa does it more for me.

Yes, Shields was A hero; Derek @#$@ing Plante was THE hero.

I can't hold too much animosity towards a guy that made Derek Plante a hero beyond what he'd been in '93-'94 (when as a rookie he finished 3 points off 3rd on the team after Patty missed most of the year). Nobody remembers, but Derek was supposed to be the "star" of the '94 US Olympic Team, but the Sabres wouldn't give him the 2 weeks off.

He was supposed to make the Olympic team. I know, no full-time NHLers that year, but I don't remember a thing about Plante being the prospective star of the team. I remember all too well the Sabres' refusal to let him go, though.

after wednesday's game my hatred of ottowa has been reinvigorated, but still i ask myself...if ottowa and, say, THE EFFING FLYERS were somehow matched up in the stanley cup finals, who would i want to win?

in that matchup i'm rooting for ottowa in 4 with all my heart.

for the last 35 years there is nothing that disgusts me more than flyer fans. i hate the whole organization and would root for any team in the league over them.

Don't you think the word "somehow" indicates that the poster knows it's not possible for them to play in the finals?

Must you correct everyone, all the time?

Yeah, I'm taking someone down with me after my Bucky Debacle.

No, it doesn't. You're wrong. Again.

:nana:

Archived