[OT] Metallica 11/10/09 HSBC

inkman

My brother and I are heading to the show tonight, and I have a couple of questions. HSBC website says no cameras of any kind, does that mean phones with cameras as well? Do people tailgate for concerts at HSBC? Is it even "allowed"? I'm not the only poster here who needs this info, so any input is welcome.

My brother and I are heading to the show tonight, and I have a couple of questions. HSBC website says no cameras of any kind, does that mean phones with cameras as well? Do people tailgate for concerts at HSBC? Is it even "allowed"? I'm not the only poster here who needs this info, so any input is welcome.

I am going with 3 other people. I am pretty sure you can get in w/a cell phone. It has been a while since I have been at HSBC for a concert. Last one was about 6 or 7 years ago. there really isn't a lot of room to tailgate (to the best of my knowledge). There is the parking lot by the arena; you could always go to Pearl Street grill, there is always a party there. Back in the day, we used to park under the skyway and party, not sure if people still do that. For what's its worth, we are parking at UB and taking the subway in and maybe stopping at Pearl Street. It is not like a preconcert at Darien Lake. Sorry, wish I could be of more help. Have fun tonight, I know I will!!!!!!

I definitely have seen people tailgating in Main Street parking lots before all kinds of concerts. I think if you stick to a smaller lot, and keep it cool, you won't have any problems. Try to find an indoor bathroom when you feel the urge, though; some of us have to work downtown in the morning.

I used to party under the Skyway back in the day as well...not sure that is even possible now.

As far as cameras...I really don't think they are banned anymore. Everyone has a phone with a camera, how can the arenas ban them? At Quicken loans arena in Cleveland, I discovered that cameras ARE allowed. I went to the Jonas Brothers concert with daughter #2, and then METALLICA with daughter #1, and both times people were snapping pics with their digital cameras all night.

One of my faves from Garage Inc.

Hopefully they pull 'Whisky in the Jar' out for the Buffalo crowd tonight like the last show in 2004.

Setlist:

Blackened

Fuel

The Four Horsemen

The Unforgiven

Frantic

The Thing That Should Not Be

Whiskey In The Jar

St. Anger

Fade To Black

Master Of Puppets

Fight Fire With Fire

- - - -

No Leaf Clover

Nothing Else Matters

Sad But True

One

Enter Sandman

- - - -

Disposable Heroes

Seek And Destroy

I went deaf during 'One'.

Came late and missed Godsmack's wonderful opening set - Many regrets.

Don't know much about Lamb of God & Volbeat, other than they would not let Lamb of God play at the LA Forum.

Have fun all.

I've seen 'em ~20 times. This is the first tour I've missed since I was 14 =(

An awesome show. I saw 'em here in Atlanta once and Hetfield was out of commission. Ended up being guys from Korn, Kid Rock, System of a Down, and Metallica cranking out Metallica tunes all night instead. Metallica came back a couple months later as a make up and we go to go for free. I also met 'em all in Australia one time.

I ran this fan site 8-9 years or so ago. I had started this "Play Killing Time in Melbourne" crusade as I was headed down under and was going to see 'em play a couple shows while out there. They actually played about half of it. Walking to the car after loitering for too long (after show passes), a black van pulled up, purely by chance. Kirk got out and signed autographs for the kids in the area. When they got to me he recognized that I sounded American. Turned out they actually *did* play that chunk of Killing Time because of my little effort.... said something like they played what they could remember. Was a great trip!!

I'm still pissed I missed this tour.

I am going with 3 other people. I am pretty sure you can get in w/a cell phone. It has been a while since I have been at HSBC for a concert. Last one was about 6 or 7 years ago. there really isn't a lot of room to tailgate (to the best of my knowledge). There is the parking lot by the arena; you could always go to Pearl Street grill, there is always a party there. Back in the day, we used to park under the skyway and party, not sure if people still do that. For what's its worth, we are parking at UB and taking the subway in and maybe stopping at Pearl Street. It is not like a preconcert at Darien Lake. Sorry, wish I could be of more help. Have fun tonight, I know I will!!!!!!

I was there with my brother, 300 level though (sound quality was horrible up there). Pearl street had a 40 minute wait for a table at around 6:00 or you could go to the bar on the second floor for all you can eat Pizza, wings, and Beef on Weck for $15. The place was crowded so we didn't bother staying. The Bars in the Cobblestone area were pretty packed too, but that was mostly cause 103.3 was there at Benchwarmers and one of the other bars in that block.

Amazing show though, Metallica always puts on a great one. The first band was somewhat decent, but Lamb of God is just horrible

I was there with my brother, 300 level though (sound quality was horrible up there). Pearl street had a 40 minute wait for a table at around 6:00 or you could go to the bar on the second floor for all you can eat Pizza, wings, and Beef on Weck for $15. The place was crowded so we didn't bother staying. The Bars in the Cobblestone area were pretty packed too, but that was mostly cause 103.3 was there at Benchwarmers and one of the other bars in that block.

Amazing show though, Metallica always puts on a great one. The first band was somewhat decent, but Lamb of God is just horrible

It's hard to make bands sound good in a place that big. LOG sounded terrible, but I can normally tolerate them. That first band blew dudes.

Great show.

Not as good as the 2004 show (I'm just five years older - I guess)

Drank beer in concession area for the openers.

Loved the setlist - stage set-up somewhat unimaginative.

Encore was great.

Sat in 116 - Teppo w/ wife was in 117.

He looked to be having a great time and headed down to his seats with fistfuls of beer before the start (wifey too!).

No sign of Lydman - probably too light of a show - no Norwegian Death metal last night.

"Yeah - I have a comment - FU."

Great show.

Encore was great.

He looked to be having a great time and headed down to his seats with fistfuls of beer before the start (wifey too!).

No sign of Lydman - probably too light of a show - no Norwegian Death metal last night.

He was in his box...

It's hard to make bands sound good in a place that big. LOG sounded terrible, but I can normally tolerate them. That first band blew dudes.

Seriously, i could tolerate that first bad more then I could LOG. I would have enjoyed it more if they just brought out a couple Lambs on stage and let them walk around for the time LOG were given to "perform"

And I know that its hard to make it sound good up top, I'm just saying that I realise now that I am getting old cause I sat there last night actually thinking about sound quality at a metal concert

Great show.

Encore was great.

Seriously, everytime I see pictures of him, I think of him more as an ABBA fan, then I watch him play, and he doesn't really make me change my mind.............

Archived