Hockey has returned...Yay

frisky

It's been a long summer but hockey is back today hooray. Rookies report to camp today and vets on Saturday. 1st preseason in a week and a half. It may be a long season this year again but I'm excited that hockey has returned. Let the 2009-2010 b*tch-fest begin in earnest. Anyone else jacked up?

It's been a long summer but hockey is back today hooray. Rookies report to camp today and vets on Saturday. 1st preseason in a week and a half. It may be a long season this year again but I'm excited that hockey has returned. Let the 2009-2010 b*tch-fest begin in earnest. Anyone else jacked up?

I'm beyond ready... To steal that catchy song from the NBA, "let's get it started"....

For the first time since 05-06, I have no expectations. So I really can't be disappointed. I thought for sure in 07-08 and 08-09 that the team would shed its recent history, redefine itself and go on to post-Druriere glory. Fool me twice, shame on -- I won't be fooled again. Ryan Miller said after last season that the team needed to find a new identify for itself. I agree. And I think we fans start to bury the recent "glory years" a bit in our minds. It's time to put Chris Drury's tying goal in Game 5 in perspective, for example. In 25 years, if that goal is one of the great moments in team history, I'll yank out my feeding tube.

For the first time since 05-06, I have no expectations. So I really can't be disappointed. I thought for sure in 07-08 and 08-09 that the team would shed its recent history, redefine itself and go on to post-Druriere glory. Fool me twice, shame on -- I won't be fooled again. Ryan Miller said after last season that the team needed to find a new identify for itself. I agree. And I think we fans start to bury the recent "glory years" a bit in our minds. It's time to put Chris Drury's tying goal in Game 5 in perspective, for example. In 25 years, if that goal is one of the great moments in team history, I'll yank out my feeding tube.

You're going to live to 105? Impressive.

I'm beyond ready... To steal that catchy song from the NBA, "let's get it started"....

...Let's get it started, Let's get it started..... :thumbsup:

Alas my hockey fix most come from wandering over to civic arena at lunch and watching some of the penguins scrimmages since it's open to the public and all and no sabres preseason hockey available to me here in Daburg...Oh well it's hockey...

Archived