Question marks?

deluca67

Are there any players on the roster, as it is now, that don't have a question mark next to their name? Who on this roster do you feel comfortable in stating that you know what you are going to get in the 2009-2010 season. Who would you list as dependable?

I can list four with some confidence.

1) Vanek - I feel I can count on him for 35-40 goals.

2) Roy - 70 -80 points again this season seems right.

3) Rivet - One of those veteran players that will always be day to day with some type of nagging injury. Not flashy, pretty solid.

4) Miller - Not a goalie who can carry a team into the playoffs. With support he can get you there and do really well.

It seems that everyone else is coming off injuries or hugely disappointing seasons.

Are there any players on the roster, as it is now, that don't have a question mark next to their name? Who on this roster do you feel comfortable in stating that you know what you are going to get in the 2009-2010 season. Who would you list as dependable?

3) Rivet - One of those veteran players that will always be day to day with some type of nagging injury. Not flashy, pretty solid.

4) Miller - Not a goalie who can carry a team into the playoffs. With support he can get you there and do really well.

It seems that everyone else is coming off injuries or hugely disappointing seasons.

I'd be comfortable adding Gaustad, Kaleta and Mair to that list.

I'd be comfortable adding Gaustad, Kaleta and Mair to that list.

I'd feel comfortable adding Lydman to that list. He has his moments but overall is a steady defender. If i recall correctly he had a good amounts of hits last year and played well.

Butler. Only a handful of games last year where I thought his noob-ness came through. I expect him to be a lot more solid this coming season.

He's got one year of professional hockey under his belt. I'm sure most expect him to continue to take steps in the right direction, but there's no way you can be sure of any player that early in his career, especially a defenseman. I'm also curious how the absense of the great influence that Teppo seemed to have will effect Butler.

He's got one year of professional hockey under his belt. I'm sure most expect him to continue to take steps in the right direction, but there's no way you can be sure of any player that early in his career, especially a defenseman. I'm also curious how the absense of the great influence that Teppo seemed to have will effect Butler.

Butler plays with Rivet. They'll be fine.

Didn't you watch him play last season? He's a natural NHL-er.

Butler. Only a handful of games last year where I thought his noob-ness came through. I expect him to be a lot more solid this coming season.

The sophomore kiss of death! Who among us wasn't high on Mike Wilson and Dmitri Kalinin?

Disagree on Miller, I think this kid has what it takes, despite inconsistent play in front of him on too many nights he still came through. Talent galore up and down this lineup, two points from the playoffs last year, I am not ready to overhaul this group.

Kid?

Disagree on Miller, I think this kid has what it takes, despite inconsistent play in front of him on too many nights he still came through. Talent galore up and down this lineup, two points from the playoffs last year, I am not ready to overhaul this group.

Welcome and good first post!

Ladies and gentleman, please welcome, Adam Mair!

Now remove soapbox.

Ladies and gentleman, please welcome, Adam Mair!

Now remove soapbox.

So last season I didn't see a different team on the ice when Miller went down? In fact I recall them playing a bit tighter d in front of Lalime as well. I would love a big name here as much as anyone, but at what cost. Clearly the demand for those on the short list is not there and who do you want to lose?

Its playoffs or bust for all of these guys you know it they know it...come on two points away last season...Come on they were in 6th place when they lost their starting goaltender?

So far I have Spacek for Montador and Teppo for Weber (assuming Meyers stays down). Maxie's ice time (as well as Moore's at this point) are up for grabs and you give it to the best guy at camp. Is it too much to think that Sekera or one of the others assumes Jaro's role on the PP, and we see some consistency/improvements from the others knowing full well if they slack they sit. Also didn't it come out that Hecht was injured all season?

Sorry guy you need more than all of that to convince me....

"Talent galore?" This team plays more like "Pu$$y Galore." Adding marginal NHL talent isn't going to change that. Looking at this team as anything other than what it is, a 10th place team, is foolish. It's one thing when fans look at the team that way. Fans have to hold to what ever dreams they can. When those in a position to make changes continue to look at this team as the team they wish it would be instead of the team it is? That's how you miss the playoffs three straight seasons and 6 out of 8. In the end what does it really matter. It's not like anyone is going to held accountable if they do. <_<

The sophomore kiss of death! Who among us wasn't high on Mike Wilson and Dmitri Kalinin?

Me. Kalinin always was going to be the next Zhitnik (and he turned out worse!) and Wilson never impressed me.

Yeah, I'm still a sucker for Butler, though.

I'd love to see an article or some other linky to the Hecht "injury". Max had ice time? Who knew!

I think the Hecht injury can be found on the Larry Quinn spreadsheet. He needed better numbers to support his lame excuses.

And by the way. Who refers to Max as Maxie?

"Talent galore?" This team plays more like "Pu$$y Galore." Adding marginal NHL talent isn't going to change that. Looking at this team as anything other than what it is, a 10th place team, is foolish. It's one thing when fans look at the team that way. Fans have to hold to what ever dreams they can. When those in a position to make changes continue to look at this team as the team they wish it would be instead of the team it is? That's how you miss the playoffs three straight seasons and 6 out of 8. In the end what does it really matter. It's not like anyone is going to held accountable if they do. <_<

Wow. That was the last 6 months' worth of ripping them to shreds, simmered into a fine, rich reduction. I don't agree, but still, I'm in awe.

So last season I didn't see a different team on the ice when Miller went down? In fact I recall them playing a bit tighter d in front of Lalime as well. I would love a big name here as much as anyone, but at what cost. Clearly the demand for those on the short list is not there and who do you want to lose?

Its playoffs or bust for all of these guys you know it they know it...come on two points away last season...Come on they were in 6th place when they lost their starting goaltender?

So far I have Spacek for Montador and Teppo for Weber (assuming Meyers stays down). Maxie's ice time (as well as Moore's at this point) are up for grabs and you give it to the best guy at camp. Is it too much to think that Sekera or one of the others assumes Jaro's role on the PP, and we see some consistency/improvements from the others knowing full well if they slack they sit. Also didn't it come out that Hecht was injured all season?

Sorry guy you need more than all of that to convince me....

Don't listen to them! Keep swinging! But don't call him Maxie. The rest of it is good though.

Lalime. 4-10-2 .890 3.24

Respectfully disagree.

Archived