Lydman and Tallinder, predict the future...

LabattBlue

How do you THINK it will play out?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Lydman's future?

• Traded before the season begins
    • Traded at the deadline
    • Stays a Sabre in 09-10, becomes a UFA at the end of the year and moves on
    • Signed to a new multi-year deal during the season
  2. 2. Tallinder's future?

• Traded before the season begins
    • Traded at the deadline
    • Stays a Sabre in 09-10, becomes a UFA at the end of the year and moves on
    • Signed to a new multi-year deal during the season

But I don't think it's decent enough to have a good conversation about the exact moves Darcy might have to make.

I wish it was October 3. It's practically October weather anyway.

Has it still been crappy out there? We had a nice streak going out here in Boston that ended today with rain. Summer finally did show up though.

(Yeah, I don't know where else the budget conversation can go)

So, we will likely have to bring up Kennedy or Gerbe, re-sign someone like Mancari or sign a vet UFA to get a 13th forward.

So what you are saying is that we still have to worry that Peters will be back on the team next season.

I'm surprised at how few think that Lydman will be re-signed? The blueline can't be made up of ole' man Rivet and the kiddie corps.

I think he's a decent player, but I also think the Sabres have too many guys in the $3MM per year range who are just OK. I'd rather have a cheaper guy like Weber or Montador in there and have the cash freed up by Lydman and Tallinder for a $5MM+ veteran forward. I felt the same way about Spacek.

I'm surprised at how few think that Lydman will be re-signed? The blueline can't be made up of ole' man Rivet and the kiddie corps.

Rivet was held together by duct tape last year. He's not getting any younger. Montador you would think plays a style that lends itself to missing some time. Weber had a major injury last year. People who want both Lydman and Tallinder sent packing should be careful what they wish for.

What LB said.

I think he's a decent player, but I also think the Sabres have too many guys in the $3MM per year range who are just OK. I'd rather have a cheaper guy like Weber or Montador in there and have the cash freed up by Lydman and Tallinder for a $5MM+ veteran forward. I felt the same way about Spacek.

Assuming Lydman and Tallinder are send packing at the end of next season, the blueline would look something like this in 10-11...

Rivet

Butler

Sekera

Myers

Weber

Montador

Paetsch

:sick:

PS I have said along that DR better be careful before handing out big contracts to mediocre players. I don't think Lydman falls into this category. If they can get him for 3 mil per year, do it.

Assuming Lydman and Tallinder are send packing at the end of next season, the blueline would look something like this in 10-11...

Rivet

Butler

Sekera

Myers

Weber

Montador

Paetsch

PS I have said along that DR better be careful before handing out big contracts to mediocre players. I don't think Lydman falls into this category. If they can get him for 3 mil per year, do it.

If Butler and Sekera progress at all, I see no pressing need for Loods. That doesn't even figure Myers into the equation.

Rivet

Butler

Sekera

Myers

Weber

Montador

Paetsch

Paetsch's contract is up after this season and then he's unrestricted. I can't see any way that he comes back.

Archived