Eck Update

BamBam

Sabres and Isles Have Interest in Kovalev.

"I am hearing that Kovalev to the Sabres, Isles, Caps, or Kings... \"it should happen tonight.\""

- Eklund

HockeyBuzz

----------------------------------------------------------

Why not just name the rest of the teams in the league. This Ecklund has to be a long time suffering Sabres fan. I don't think he's hit one Sabres acquisition yet. hahaha.

"I am hearing that Kovalev to the Sabres, Isles, Caps, or Kings... \"it should happen tonight.\""

- Eklund

HockeyBuzz

Why not just name the rest of the teams in the league. This Ecklund has to be a long time suffering Sabres fan. I don't think he's hit one Sabres acquisition yet. hahaha.

Eklund is a suffering Tampa Bay Lightning fan I believe.

The Kovalev rumor is interesting to say the least. I also saw that Koivu has been mentioned as a possible fit for the Sabres as well. What a difference a year makes on the Canadiens roster. 2 yeaars ago they appeared to be ready to challenge for the cup. After last season's implosion, 1/3 of the team is either gone or on the block...unreal.

- Eklund

HockeyBuzz

Some blogger did a statistical over view of eklund's predictions and he's been right 2.8% of the time or something like that. Crazy. This forum should have our own eklund. lol

I'm sure we could guess a better percentage.

Eklund is a suffering Tampa Bay Lightning fan I believe.

The Kovalev rumor is interesting to say the least. I also saw that Koivu has been mentioned as a possible fit for the Sabres as well. What a difference a year makes on the Canadiens roster. 2 yeaars ago they appeared to be ready to challenge for the cup. After last season's implosion, 1/3 of the team is either gone or on the block...unreal.

During one of the sabres games this past season both RJ and HN mentioned that Koivu and Rivet were pretty tight. In reading some of the other news Saku would either like to reunite in MN with his brother, or with Teemu and the Ducks.

Some blogger did a statistical over view of eklund's predictions and he's been right 2.8% of the time or something like that. Crazy. This forum should have our own eklund. lol

Guessing randomly gives you a success rate of 3.3%.

The guy doesn't PREDICT anythnig. He says he hears that people are talking. He never makes predictions. "Kovalev to Sabres (E2)" is NOT a prediction. It's just saying he heard from 2 sources NOT CONNECTED to EITHER side that they are talking. As soon as he puts (E2) on it, he is admitting up front it is from NO ONE connected to EITHER SIDE. He is TELLING YOU it might be total B.S. Even the E4's, which are supposedly sources connected to each side, are still noty predictions, just talks. He's VERY transparent about this, admits he probably is often used by people to leak deals or fake deals to drive value up or down, and yet everyone still gets worked up about him. It's unbelievable.

The guy doesn't PREDICT anythnig. He says he hears that people are talking. He never makes predictions. "Kovalev to Sabres (E2)" is NOT a prediction. It's just saying he heard from 2 sources NOT CONNECTED to EITHER side that they are talking. As soon as he puts (E2) on it, he is admitting up front it is from NO ONE connected to EITHER SIDE. He is TELLING YOU it might be total B.S. Even the E4's, which are supposedly sources connected to each side, are still noty predictions, just talks. He's VERY transparent about this, admits he probably is often used by people to leak deals or fake deals to drive value up or down, and yet everyone still gets worked up about him. It's unbelievable.

From Ek's blog...

First off, Happy CANADA Day!

..Quick Predictions for Today....

* There will be less than 15 signings on the first day due to cap restrictions, but there will be several trade rumors and at least 3 trades that make signings happen...

* Beauchemin to either Montreal or Tampa

* Ohlund to LA, NJ, or Anaheim (or maybe a real surprise

* Saku Koivu to Anaheim

* Knuble will re-sign with Philly

* Hossa will be a domino after Heatley decides if he wants to go to Edmonton or NY

* Martin Biron will sign with Avalanche or Oilers

* Cammalleri will sign with Buffalo, Nashville or Toronto

* The Sedins will sign in Montreal

* Komisarek will sign in NJ or the New York Islanders, but don't rule out a return to the Habs.

* The Hawks will attempt to move Huet and bring back Bulin

* Havlat will not be signed today, but will likely end up back in Chicago

* The Rangers will attempt to spend their money. Although I dont see it happening, expect Vinny rumors if Heatley goes to Edmonton.

* The Thrashers will make a few really solid signings, that no one will expect.

* The Wild will get in on Hossa and make another play for Heatley (and possibly Vinny)

* The Islanders will make a play for a major player as well. if not Komisarek, maybe Ohlund

* Kaberle to Boston for Kessel will be revisited.

It's going to be fun!

:unsure:

I stand corrected as far as that particular post goes, but most of what he posts are rumors and he is very transparent about it. He doesn't claim to have any kind of "success rate." Hell, half of those are not even real predictions ... he says things will be "revisted" and teams will "get in on" things and "attempt to spend their money" ... for all we know all that stuff happened.

It's certainly nothing that should inspire people to post that they want to punch him in the face. He's harmless.

But hey guys, keep going to his site and talking about him here. Thousands of folks just like you have him laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm the one laughing because I pay nothing for good clean humor and entertainment when it comes to his site.

Anything I see on there is free.

I stand corrected as far as that particular post goes, but most of what he posts are rumors and he is very transparent about it. He doesn't claim to have any kind of "success rate." Hell, half of those are not even real predictions ... he says things will be "revisted" and teams will "get in on" things and "attempt to spend their money" ... for all we know all that stuff happened.

It's certainly nothing that should inspire people to post that they want to punch him in the face. He's harmless.

And that "It should happen tonight" quoted in the first post?

Hey, I admitted there were some actual predictions in that post ... sorry if I implied that he NEVER does it ... but in general, I don't see what there is to get worked up about. He tells you up front that more than half of what he posts are things he got from sources NOT connected to either side ... and yet people read it and come here and post it like he is saying it's a done deal.

I'm the one laughing because I pay nothing for good clean humor and entertainment when it comes to his site.

Anything I see on there is free.

I didn't say you paid. But all those clicks add up. He's probably making enough in advertising to quit his day job, as Barack Obama's jobs forecaster.

Hey, I admitted there were some actual predictions in that post ... sorry if I implied that he NEVER does it ... but in general, I don't see what there is to get worked up about. He tells you up front that more than half of what he posts are things he got from sources NOT connected to either side ... and yet people read it and come here and post it like he is saying it's a done deal.

The problem is, he has no sources.

Archived