Pommer

Do You Believe

Now, I have been watching pommer for the past few games bc there have been a lot of my friends getting on him about the way that he has been playing and not putting up the numbers like he did last year. And I told them, that it was bc he was on the point during the pp and when he went down by the net on the pp he scored. But all that aside where has he been all year long? If you just watch him tomorrow night he is always turning over the puck and it just looks like he does not want to be out there. Where O where did you go POMMER?!

Now, I have been watching pommer for the past few games bc there have been a lot of my friends getting on him about the way that he has been playing and not putting up the numbers like he did last year. And I told them, that it was bc he was on the point during the pp and when he went down by the net on the pp he scored. But all that aside where has he been all year long? If you just watch him tomorrow night he is always turning over the puck and it just looks like he does not want to be out there. Where O where did you go POMMER?!

Um, Jason is at the Bank I believe cashing his inflated paycheck! Pominville should be ashamed! Jason, you are not deserving of the money and not in that class......I hope yo ucan live on it. You will be out of Hockey 2 years from now!

Um, Jason is at the Bank I believe cashing his inflated paycheck! Pominville should be ashamed! Jason, you are not deserving of the money and not in that class......I hope yo ucan live on it. You will be out of Hockey 2 years from now!

Please be advised that the "big inflated paycheck" does not kick in until next year.

That being said, he's definitely nowhere close to the level of last year and has been my whipping boy for more than 3/4 of the season. He's the epitome (along with Roy) of why this team struggles. Not going into the corners, not taking the body and shots from the outside without getting to the net.

Please be advised that the "big inflated paycheck" does not kick in until next year.

That being said, he's definitely nowhere close to the level of last year and has been my whipping boy for more than 3/4 of the season. He's the epitome (along with Roy) of why this team struggles. Not going into the corners, not taking the body and shots from the outside without getting to the net.

And don't forget the 90% chance of whiffing on his passes or digging the puck from along the boards.

Yes, thank you someone said it!!!!!!! I didnt want to bring it up bc i was pretty hard on him. But why does he ALL THE TIME come up the right side of the ice and shoot from just inside the blue line?!?! He has hardly ever scored from there just drive the net and see what happens. like he did against the sens in the playoffs 3 years ago when he scored the ot winner SH!

Pominville's scoring is down due to his lack of production 5 on 5. He was never much of a PP scorer. His 5 on 5 scoring is down which is why the team is getting killed 5 on 5 this season.

Yes, thank you someone said it!!!!!!! I didnt want to bring it up bc i was pretty hard on him. But why does he ALL THE TIME come up the right side of the ice and shoot from just inside the blue line?!?! He has hardly ever scored from there just drive the net and see what happens. like he did against the sens in the playoffs 3 years ago when he scored the ot winner SH!

ha thats all he does, it amazes me. he doesnt even have a great shot. certainly not from there.

Pominville's scoring is down due to his lack of production 5 on 5. He was never much of a PP scorer. His 5 on 5 scoring is down which is why the team is getting killed 5 on 5 this season.

I'm pretty sure 2 years ago he was the second leading goal scorer 5 on 5 in the league. The drop in production is amazing.

Jason Pominville should now be officially known as Jason Pominfail. The guy barely skates with any effort, ALWAYS takes slapshots from the outside, and hits the goalie in the chest. Does he always try to assassinate the goalie's logo? He needs to learn how to aim his shots. He doesn't hit at all, and seems to just be floating around out there, seemingly uninterested in the game. Hopefully he gets back to his old self next year. Playing with Hecht hasn't helped either....

I've been trying to figure it out all season. We can only hope that he gets his act together for next season, I can't expect a turnaround at this point for the rest of this season.

In watching him closely the past couple of games, he doesn't seem to finish anything. On the forecheck he doesn't follow through at all, when he chips the puck in he always gets squeezed out of the play, and lately when he takes a shot it is high and/or wide.

I've noticed that he's still involved in the plays and has created some offense through assists, but Pominville is a goal scorer and he's not scoring goals right now. I also don't like the way he has played in the defensive zone this year either. I think he's feeling the wait of the pressure of his contract extension even though he doesn't see a dime of it till next season. Very strange. He's been really underachieving this year and I expect better from him. If this team is going to make the playoffs, he's going to have to really contribute for this team down the stretch and that's by scoring goals and playing smart in the defensive zone.

I know the PP has been pretty good most of the year but I don't like him playing the point. I think Ruff likes him there for his ability to play D. But he looks increasingly uncomfortable there and his shots rarely make it thru traffic. I'd like to see him down low on the off wing. A little more success there may help him 5 on 5.

More puzzling is what is going on with Hecht and Ruff's allegiance to him. Could he be hurt and trying to play thru it? Don't know.

I've noticed that he's still involved in the plays and has created some offense through assists, but Pominville is a goal scorer and he's not scoring goals right now.

True. Pominville is second on the team in assists. A weird, inconvenient fact put up against what seems like a terrible season for him.

True. Pominville is second on the team in assists. A weird, inconvenient fact put up against what seems like a terrible season for him.

Nice play by pommer last night. All he has to do is flip the puck out of the zone or even double back into the corner to waste the last five seconds. But no, he fans on it and goes right to the point for the tying goal. I'm done with him.

This is a response to the locker thread. Pominville has not "wrecked" this team. Scott Gomez did that honor. :wallbash:

Boy, for someone who started a thread titled "Accountability", you sure are giving Jason a pass on this one?

Boy, for someone who started a thread titled "Accountability", you sure are giving Jason a pass on this one?

Not at all. He had a bad game in what is turning out to be a disappointing season. To say he is the main reason this team is suffering is ridiculous. Right now this teams biggest problem is Miller's injury. They need him healthy and stealing points. If this team doesn't make the playoffs you need to look no further to Miller's absence during the stretch run as a reason why.

Not at all. He had a bad game in what is turning out to be a disappointing season. To say he is the main reason this team is suffering is ridiculous. Right now this teams biggest problem is Miller's injury. They need him healthy and stealing points. If this team doesn't make the playoffs you need to look no further to Miller's absence during the stretch run as a reason why.

This team has beaten top teams in the conference and it wasn't always Miller stealing points. They actually put the puck in the net when they had the chance. Miller being hurt doesn't help, nor did having one of the top goal scorers in the league out for nine games, nor did having your second-best center out for pretty much the first half of the season, nor does having your third-leading goal scorer/second-leading point getter doing both at a significantly lower level than he has previously (not to mention his defensive lapses), nor does having your best two-way forward forgetting how to play either way, nor does coming out flat against every team (bad teams, in particular) and so on ...

If they do miss the playoffs this season, it will again be by such a small margin that they can look at everything bad about this team and every game where they let points slip through there fingers as an excuse. NJ lost Marty-freakin'-Brodeur and yet they have found ways to win. Are both Clemmensen and Weekes better goalies than Lalime? Maybe. Hard to tell, because the Devils play a strong defensive game that helps may their goalies look better. In several of the games during this stretch, Patty has had great stats, because his team has played well in front of him. The only difference between those games and the Devil's games is that the Devils found ways to score, too. Patty had a couple of weak goals last night, but plenty of other players made bad mistakes that could have cemented a victory long before that. Simply put, the Sabres shouldn't need their goaltender to steal points as often as they do.

Me, I'm going to dissect that stretch of games after the fantastic start in January and before Vanek and Miller were hurt. They just couldn't carry the momentum they had after passing the dreaded gauntlet of January with flying colors. At some point after Lindy said that they weren't going to be satisfied with eighth place, that they were looking to move up, this team fell back asleep.

Archived