08/09 Season Raping & Pillaging Thread

Claude_Verret

That won't be a problem. I don't have tickets yet either. No matter who the opponent is, a weeknight canes game will have thousands of empty seats.

Hmm yeah, we were looking on craigslist for decent tickets this week, but only found what appeared to be a couple pairs of good seats on there... are you suggesting just getting cheap tickets and then go sit in the empties after 1st intermission? ;)

Edit: Where is the best place to get tickets at this point in time?

Thanks!

If the game was on the weekend, I would be there. I think the NHL schedules these games during the week on purpose so fewer Sabres fans can attend. Damn you Gary Bettman.

Definitely a conspiracy with the NHL and Carolina. If it was a weekend game, I would make the drive over along with at least 10 other people.

Hmm yeah, we were looking on craigslist for decent tickets this week, but only found what appeared to be a couple pairs of good seats on there... are you suggesting just getting cheap tickets and then go sit in the empties after 1st intermission? ;)

Edit: Where is the best place to get tickets at this point in time?

Thanks!

A scalper at the game. You should get good lower level seats under face value. You can't buy upper level seats and move down though, they are vigilant about checking your ticket before entering either the lower level and club seating areas.

Also for anyone who goes to other NHL arenas I have always meant to ask about this. Do other arenas make you pass through a metal detector before entering? I always found it odd that they did this at the RBC center.

Definitely a conspiracy with the NHL and Carolina. If it was a weekend game, I would make the drive over along with at least 10 other people.

Yeah, I've got a bunch of friends in Charlotte who were complaining about this too!

A scalper at the game. You should get good lower level seats under face value. You can't buy upper level seats and move down though, they are vigilant about checking your ticket before entering either the lower level and club seating areas.

Also for anyone who goes to other NHL arenas I have always meant to ask about this. Do other arenas make you pass through a metal detector before entering? I always found it odd that they did this at the RBC center.

Cool, thanks for the heads up

I believe after 9/11 that became standard at every arena, ballpark and concert hall in America.

I believe after 9/11 that became standard at every arena, ballpark and concert hall in America.

They don't do it at HSBC or at Bills games.

I've never seen a metal detector at Jacobs Field, but I do see them at The Q.

Was there a few years ago, they even passed out a code of conduct sheet to anyone wearing buffalo gear. All in all the most rude fans and STAFF i have ever experienced. The security personnel wouldnt let us down to the boards for pregame by the sabres end, but were letting canes fans without tickets down. awful awful will never go there again.

Was there a few years ago, they even passed out a code of conduct sheet to anyone wearing buffalo gear. All in all the most rude fans and STAFF i have ever experienced. The security personnel wouldnt let us down to the boards for pregame by the sabres end, but were letting canes fans without tickets down. awful awful will never go there again.

Absolutely. It's one thing for Sabres and Canes fans to do some jaw jacking back and forth, but the staff at RBC are in general not very friendly towards Sabres fans. Sabres fans really got under their skin and they certainly haven't forgotten. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, we as sabres fans are hideous monsters after all; bent on destruction and mayhem. Lock up the women and children! <_<

For those of you going to the game keep track of all the cheap shots taken at Buffalo and sabres fans on the scoreboard. I have been there to watch other teams play the canes and this doesn't happen.

Absolutely. It's one thing for Sabres and Canes fans to do some jaw jacking back and forth, but the staff at RBC are in general not very friendly towards Sabres fans. Sabres fans really got under their skin and they certainly haven't forgotten. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, we as sabres fans are hideous monsters after all; bent on destruction and mayhem. Lock up the women and children! <_<

For those of you going to the game keep track of all the cheap shots taken at Buffalo and sabres fans on the scoreboard. I have been there to watch other teams play the canes and this doesn't happen.

I can deal with the fans, ive been to games in boston, haha.

It was the staff, from the ticket taker to ushers, beer people, all such A holes. I was with my family too. Just totally uncalled for. Granted i must say there were some nice canes fans who actually apologized for the behavior they witnessed that was directed towards us.

Archived