I Am Officially Thinking Positive From Here On Out

CallawaySabres

Ok, this might be a way to just convince myself things are going to be dandy (even with injuries) but I am only looking at the bright side of any potentail bad news from here on out. I am starting with the Vanek injury....

1) Just think how well rested he will be when the playoffs start in April (yes, they will be there)

2) It will force guys like Hecht and Pommers to step up their game which will create a well rounded threat once Playoffs start

3) Our defense will have to be that much better over the next 9 games which will great preparation for them as well as Miller once Playoffs begin!!

Feel free to add others :unsure:

The title of this thread sounds like something from TwoBillsDrive.

I think we'll be ok. We have a few points to spare if we start slipping. I think the most important thing is to WIN the games we SHOULD win (the 'bottom feeders' as we call them). And yeah, who's going to be nthe next guy in line to go on a hot streak for this team? Line-calling will be interesting, hopefully we get a spark somewhere.

The title of this thread sounds like something from TwoBillsDrive.

I think we'll be ok. We have a few points to spare if we start slipping. I think the most important thing is to WIN the games we SHOULD win (the 'bottom feeders' as we call them). And yeah, who's going to be nthe next guy in line to go on a hot streak for this team? Line-calling will be interesting, hopefully we get a spark somewhere.

Except the Bills have absolutely nothing going for them even when fully healthy.....

Ok, this might be a way to just convince myself things are going to be dandy (even with injuries) but I am only looking at the bright side of any potentail bad news from here on out. I am starting with the Vanek injury....

1) Just think how well rested he will be when the playoffs start in April (yes, they will be there)

2) It will force guys like Hecht and Pommers to step up their game which will create a well rounded threat once Playoffs start

3) Our defense will have to be that much better over the next 9 games which will great preparation for them as well as Miller once Playoffs begin!!

Feel free to add others :unsure:

Yeah good plan, I think I'll chime in :

I have a feeling somebody is going to step in Vanek's absence and make the best of the extra minutes given. Who it is, I have no idea, and I don't really care either.

This team was never about individuals, now's the time to show it.

For all the talk about Buffalo's injury problems, the team actually ranked 20th in man games lost to injury halfway through January.

Exactly. It could be a lot worse. Vanek will probably miss about 10 games. The Habs just lost their leading goal-scorer for the season.

Exactly. It could be a lot worse. Vanek will probably miss about 10 games. The Habs just lost their leading goal-scorer for the season.

Yeah, first atleast he got this 4 day break after surgery... plus I don't seen many if any back to back games for a while so it definitely could be alot worse...

Yeah, first atleast he got this 4 day break after surgery... plus I don't seen many if any back to back games for a while so it definitely could be alot worse...

Philly and the Rangers being the biggest 4 point games he'll miss.

Optimistically saying, back for Philly and Florida the week of March 10.

Philly and the Rangers being the biggest 4 point games he'll miss.

Optimistically saying, back for Philly and Florida the week of March 10.

I don't know, I might have to say the two Hurricanes games are more important. There are three teams below us that have a real chance of catching us. As long as we can hold off two of them, we make the playoffs. All else equal, if we lose those two Hurrican games, then they are ahead of us. Yeah, it would be nice to move up and put some other teams below us, but I'd rather just help one of the teams below us fall out of the picture entirely.

Archived