[OT] Grand Island Tolls

stenbaro

Just curious..The last time you were in BUffalo and drove over the GI Bridges what was the toll cost? I drive around the Island every day because I refuse to pay the Buck it costs anymore....It totally pisses me off..I was gonna give it my phone number :censored:

Just curious..The last time you were in BUffalo and drove over the GI Bridges what was the toll cost? I drive around the Island every day because I refuse to pay the Buck it costs anymore....It totally pisses me off..I was gonna give it my phone number :censored:

They don't have the EZ-pass discount for bridge commuters any more? It was 13 cents a pass when the tolls were 50 cents.

Oh wait, I looked it up:

Plan Code: (GIC) - Thruway Grand Island Commuter Plan: Receive a $0.74 discount per trip ($0.26 versus $1.00 cash rate) on the Grand Island Bridges. A minimum of 20 trips per month is required. If fewer than 20 trips are taken per month, you will be charged $0.26 for each trip not taken. If this plan is selected, the $25 required prepayment in Box B of application is waived.

http://www.e-zpassny.com

We drove home last year right after the tolls went up to a buck/trip and I nearly lost it. Really? A buck a trip? Those bridges aren't paid for yet?

They don't have the EZ-pass discount for bridge commuters any more? It was 13 cents a pass when the tolls were 50 cents.

Oh wait, I looked it up:

Plan Code: (GIC) - Thruway Grand Island Commuter Plan: Receive a $0.74 discount per trip ($0.26 versus $1.00 cash rate) on the Grand Island Bridges. A minimum of 20 trips per month is required. If fewer than 20 trips are taken per month, you will be charged $0.26 for each trip not taken. If this plan is selected, the $25 required prepayment in Box B of application is waived.

http://www.e-zpassny.com

I think you used to only have to take 10 trips back when it was 13 cents too. GD the Thruway Authority pisses me off. Toll barriers, two lane interstates, bottlenecks, and shiatty rest stops. Awesome!

On the other hand, I'm glad I don't have to pay any of the downstate bridge tolls.

I think you used to only have to take 10 trips back when it was 13 cents too. GD the Thruway Authority pisses me off. Toll barriers, two lane interstates, bottlenecks, and shiatty rest stops. Awesome!

On the other hand, I'm glad I don't have to pay any of the downstate bridge tolls.

Right. They are much worse downstate. And, they finally got rid of the BS on the 190, allowing us to be a contiguous city again. Sorry about you folks in the 'burbs. Move back to the city, is my suggestion. (Enough of you complain about the city, so come back and fix it, already.)

Right. They are much worse downstate. And, they finally got rid of the BS on the 190, allowing us to be a contiguous city again. Sorry about you folks in the 'burbs. Move back to the city, is my suggestion. (Enough of you complain about the city, so come back and fix it, already.)

Speaking of the late 190 tolls :):

post-608-1233104496_thumbjpg

Nearly free...

I just drove into middle Jersey from Maryland.. A total of 156 miles each way.. I paid:

5.00 MD Tidings Bridge

4.00 DE I-95N

3.20 NJ TP-N

1.20 NJ GSP

0.45 NJ GSP

3.20 NJ TP-S

3.00 DE Mem Bridge

4.00 DE I-95S

Total: 23.85... That's freakin nuts... Delaware charges you 11.00 to go up and back.. It has like 15 miles of I-95.. Brutal....

Speaking of the late 190 tolls :):

post-608-1233104496_thumbjpg

You have to wonder how the heck that happened. Looks like some road rage and a game of chicken. Love how he is locked into his car to stew... Hello Allstate...

get an EZ-Pass bro, you save a LOT of money---I drive over the bridge every day twice because I work in Niagara Falls and live in Depew....

In the SF bay area we have FasTrak. They don't give any discounts though. Works on the 8 bridges in the area ($4.00)- the Golden Gate Bridge is $5.00. The tolls are only one direction. There are no toll roads here , but if you get caught violating the carpool lane, its at least a $271 fine.

You have to wonder how the heck that happened. Looks like some road rage and a game of chicken. Love how he is locked into his car to stew... Hello Allstate...

When did that happen, and was wasn't I there? How great is it that the dude is still in the car! :lol:

:lol:

You would think with that much road rage, how the heck is he still trapped in there?... One would think the 10.5 would come out and kick out the windshield... Or the LifeHammer to the side window would be easier... He looks like a big dude and they are two little "rice-burners" though.

:D

On second look... It looks like nobody is in the "Datsun" (Nissan :D )... Maybe the Honda driver thought he could make around it (Nissan may have been there already)?... Does seem to be an inordinate amount of damage to the one car on the front passenger fender... And the Honda is up on the side curb on the passenger side... Again, maybe he thought he could get around the long jam?... Not that much damge to the Honda... No way they both made it past the metal guardrail (to the Honda's passenger side) before they got under the booth (seems to jut out an inch or so... Which would make it the controlling horizontal clearance)... Both cars do look like they are up in the air towards the middle though...

Hmmmmm...

Toll roads super suck. If I want to get to the other side of the hills from my house where I live and take a toll road that is conveniently located .5 miles up the street, a round trip costs $10. If I take the toll road on a round trip to the next town over of 2 miles it costs $1. WTF! B*tches. That's what I say.

Toll roads super suck. If I want to get to the other side of the hills from my house where I live and take a toll road that is conveniently located .5 miles up the street, a round trip costs $10. If I take the toll road on a round trip to the next town over of 2 miles it costs $1. WTF! B*tches. That's what I say.

Convienence comes at a price. :nana: ;)

About 25 years ago, I did some work on computerized toll systems, including a system we installed at the Peace Bridge.

Most toll roads/bridges have been paid for a long time ago. The various government agencies simply keep the tolls in place because it's a convenient source of revenue.

Based on my experiences, at a relatively small toll plaza, say with 4 lanes or less, management can keep theft pretty much under control, as in less than 5%. At a large busy toll plaza, it's typically a lot closer to 10%.

The downstate bridges/tunnels generate an ENORMOUS amount of revenue; roughly $1 billion a year. How much of that revenue goes to the NYC or NY State budgets? ZERO. All of the bridges/tunnels are owned/operated by the NY Port Authority. The bridges/tunnels probably net several hundred million in revenue every year, but all of that $$ gets sucked up by other departments that are operating in the red, including but not limited to airports.

Archived