In Sabres' TV territory?

PASabreFan

No NHL Network, no Center Ice no nhl.com. By contract, the home market must be "protected."

Makes zero sense, especially when the games are readily available elsewhere online.

I'll have to look, but I would think Center Ice would at least carry the out-of-town feeds (well, maybe not in Buffalo).

It's like NFL Sunday Ticket. When the local team is on, they block it out so you have to watch on your local station. I've seen it happen on CI with the Sharks games.

Looks like if you want to watch it you'll have to watch it on streaming video like the preseason games.

I still have the link in case no one wants to try and back track to the preseason posts.

P2P Streaming Video

No MSG either.

?Out of our 82-game schedule, the MSG Network has broadcast rights to 70, and the Versus Network has rights to a maximum of eight,? said Larry Quinn, Buffalo?s minority owner/managing partner. ?As such, we needed to select four games to be radio only. We chose these west coast games due to their late starts.?

Broadcasters for the games will be different also, Jeanneret on break.

I live in Vegas with CI. I will have no problems watching the games!! :nana:

Also contemplating going to the 'Yotes game in PHX. Only a 5hr drive.

Hey with free parking, almost free tickets, free hot dogs, popcorn and sodas; I'd expect a packed house of Sabre fans. :thumbsup:

Edit: Just checked it out.

You can get 300 type seats for $21 a piece with their 'All You Can Eat' Hotdogs, Sodas, Nachos, Popcorn and Peanuts

or 100 level seats for $42 with all you can eat.

I'm hungry now :(

Poster cilevel has seats 8 rows behind the Sabres bench and promised a SabreSpace sign.

No MSG either.

?Out of our 82-game schedule, the MSG Network has broadcast rights to 70, and the Versus Network has rights to a maximum of eight,? said Larry Quinn, Buffalo?s minority owner/managing partner. ?As such, we needed to select four games to be radio only. We chose these west coast games due to their late starts.?

Broadcasters for the games will be different also, Jeanneret on break.

Weird. Although, i do think it's pretty cool that former Winnipec Jets announcer Curt Keilback will do the PBP for the games vs. Edmonton and Calgary. Sabres could have just gone the cheap way and filled the role with Sylvester or Paul Hamilton like the other 2 games lol but they got a pretty known guy. I'm assuming that is a Harry Neale connection?

I am still hoping that CI shows the 3 games and NHL Network airs the Calgary game in Rochester.

Few years ago, i want to say this was even pre-Golisano time or maybe the first actual year Golisano bought the team, i remember when Sabres went to the West Coast, Empire Sports Network didn't have the games on. But Time Warner Cable "unlocked" Center Ice in Rochester on the nights the Sabres had a game so people could see them play. I remember i got a post card from TW and all giving details. Right after the game the CI singel went dark and wasn't up until like moments before the next Sabres west coast game. So i'm still hopeful some of us will still be able to see the Sabres.

Hey with free parking, almost free tickets, free hot dogs, popcorn and sodas; I'd expect a packed house of Sabre fans. :thumbsup:

Edit: Just checked it out.

You can get 300 type seats for $21 a piece with their 'All You Can Eat' Hotdogs, Sodas, Nachos, Popcorn and Peanuts

or 100 level seats for $42 with all you can eat.

I'm hungry now :(

Poster cilevel has seats 8 rows behind the Sabres bench and promised a SabreSpace sign.

Thanks for the info. $42 for 100 level sounds great.

Looks like PASabre is correct. This from the Buffalo News-

Sabres spokesman Michael Gilbert emphasized Thursday morning that none of the four games will be televised in Buffalo even though they will be shown elsewhere on various packages. The Calgary game will be televised elsewhere on NHL Network, while the games in Edmonton, Phoenix and Anaheim are on NHL Center Ice and NHL.com's GameCenter.

Gilbert explained that the Sabres' MSG contract supercedes all of those other deals. The MSG contract calls for the home market to be protected even though the team is on the road and the games are available in all other markets.

An earlier story saying the games could be viewed in Buffalo on NHL Network, NHL Center Ice and NHL.com was incorrect.

Sorry for yet another post on the topic, but why can Sabres only air 70 games on MSG? How many did they have last year? They havn't not been on TV since pre-lockout so i gotta assume they had over 70 on MSG one of these past seasons. And why does MSG only do 70? Why do they keep back stabbing the Sabres? Their coverage of HD stints. It's been better recently though. A lot of times the TV goes in and out. What is wrong with MSG??

I quess broadcasting games from edmonton and calgary is too expensive for the sabres management. I've had enough of them suppling a mediocre, at best, hockey team and trying anything possible to make as much money as they can. The sabres have there own damn clothing line for gods sake.

I am really mindboggled by the fact that CI subscrbers cannot receive the broadcasts for these games when they are shelling out for the service.

What a joke.

The saving grace is not having to watch the poor MSG feeds from away games.

Last time I checked, it was 2009.

What the hell is going on?

I thought this was America?

Pretty sad for a return from the break to have these games be unavailable.

A complete joke...

And the point of this is????...

...and what about RJ's vacation?

What if #34 gets his first NHL goal?

He is going to miss out on "The Butler did it!!!" call.

Maybe he'll hold off until the Toronto game on the 4th.

I'll have to look, but I would think Center Ice would at least carry the out-of-town feeds (well, maybe not in Buffalo).

FWIW, I have gotten the Yotes games here on Center Ice (I believe one was a home game but not sure on that) when they are radio only so I cannot imagine you will not be able to get the roadtrip games if you have Center Ice.

Sorry for yet another post on the topic, but why can Sabres only air 70 games on MSG? How many did they have last year? They havn't not been on TV since pre-lockout so i gotta assume they had over 70 on MSG one of these past seasons. And why does MSG only do 70? Why do they keep back stabbing the Sabres? Their coverage of HD stints. It's been better recently though. A lot of times the TV goes in and out. What is wrong with MSG??

They had more than 70 both of the last two seasons - I remember watching every single game without CI, but of course I had VS for those games. They must have changed that this year.

If your in Canada, TSN is covering the Calgary game

And I don't get their logic, because the games are away and start late, they don't want to telivise them? Wouldn't the away games be the ones you would want to show because its the only way that the local fans can watch the game, while when they play at home, people atleast have the option to go to the arena to see it?

Archived