Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Wow that extra sleep sure paid off for the Sabres.

Oh wait, it appears that they haven't woken up yet.

Do we have a front office? I mean are the fans the only ones that actually watch these games? Because these guys are just going throw the motions. They don't care--and it shows!

Wow that extra sleep sure paid off for the Sabres.

Oh wait, it appears that they haven't woken up yet.

Do we have a front office? I mean are the fans the only ones that actually watch these games? Because these guys are just going throw the motions. They don't care--and it shows!

Seriously. They play with such little care. It's pathetic.

I was watching the replay of the RIT vs. UConn game I missed this Saturday. I watch that game and feel like the players are doing what I'm thinking. They position themselves well and make the right plays along the boards. I rarely find myself feeling like something isn't quite right.

Watching this team makes me feel funny inside. They just don't play the body right, they don't move right, the don't position themselves right. None of it seems "natural". This team has no rhythm to their play. Just a bunch of individuals who might be talented on their own, but with other players they don't seem to have "hockey sense". If what I'm trying to get at, makes any.

Oh and they don't play physically enough. Buncha sissies.

btw, thanks derek roy, for your usual interview rhetoric. not moving our feet like we should, gotta play better, capitalize on our chances. yack yack yack, all I hear is the same old CRAP.

Seriously. They play with such little care. It's pathetic.

Exactly...and it actually makes me sad for the sport itself. To have players in the league that are literally there collecting a pay check night in and night out and putting forth such little effort is just horrible for the game of hockey. Everyone talks about trade this guy trade that guy--I would feel bad for any fans that have to watch players like Kotalik glide through the majority of the games. I love hockey but man, these last 2 Sabres seasons have really been very tough to watch.

Navy, I'm one of your big critics on this board, but I've got to say, you've turned over a new leaf. Three threads in a row, and nary a criticism of the front office, nor any complaint at all, in any of them.

(And no references to a certain disgusting internet vid that you used to bring up in Bills chat, either.)

Instead, some great links to game video.

Is cool.

Remember the days when a bad first period and a 2 goal lead didn't seem insurmountable? I get frustrated when I work my butt off, then arrive at home to watch millionaires do their jobs like they don't care.

I get mad when the players on my intramural team don't play hard enough, and we PAY to play hockey.

How a professional hockey player can play with so little passion is beyond me. I cannot comprehend such a thing.

I get mad when the players on my intramural team don't play hard enough, and we PAY to play hockey.

How a professional hockey player can play with so little passion is beyond me. I cannot comprehend such a thing.

The sad thing is that this attitude runs rampant in every sport. I think a lot of guys on the rink/field/diamond/court don't actually give a damn whether or not their team makes the playoffs.

By the way, whereabouts in lancaster are you from? LHS grad?

Adam Mair is the only player that seems to care at all. But as I said before, as long as butts are in the seats and you and I spend our hard-earned money on jerseys and other merchandise, the Sabres aren't going to feel pressured to do a damn thing about this pathetic hockey club. That is just the reality of it. I think that has been proven true as things have played out over the last few seasons.

Management has been coasting through the last 2 years now because they are waiting for the Connolly, Afinogenov, Spacek, and Kotalik contracts to expire so they can shed that payroll. Then you will see some young guys get a regular spot in the lineup (Gerbe, possibly Myers or Enis) and Darcy and co. will pray that we get another run like 05-06.

Oh, here's the main problem--too many of the same kind of player--bad ones. These players all play the same way:

Afinogenov

MacArthur

Paille

Stafford

Pominville

Hecht

Kotalik

Connolly

All soft, all the time. It doesn't matter which of them Lindy puts on whatever line...the result is the same.

The sad thing is that this attitude runs rampant in every sport. I think a lot of guys on the rink/field/diamond/court don't actually give a damn whether or not their team makes the playoffs.

By the way, whereabouts in lancaster are you from? LHS grad?

Yessir, Lancaster '05. When I'm in Lancaster home is my parents' house on Schwartz Rd.

Navy, I'm one of your big critics on this board, but I've got to say, you've turned over a new leaf. Three threads in a row, and nary a criticism of the front office, nor any complaint at all, in any of them.

(And no references to a certain disgusting internet vid that you used to bring up in Bills chat, either.)

Instead, some great links to game video.

Is cool.

I do my best and post a ton of great stuff here. As far as my certain topics, its the internet man. Nothing more. Im one of the biggest hearted people you would ever meet. Enjoy the game!

yes it is.

All I can say is,"WOW" The bandwagon has definitely pulled out of the station.

Dallas is lower in the standings than us. They have the same issues as us. Which means they also let up and let teams come back and beat them.

All I can say is,"WOW" The bandwagon has definitely pulled out of the station.

Dallas is lower in the standings than us. They have the same issues as us. Which means they also let up and let teams come back and beat them.

True, true. But still, I'm turning the living room TV off, and the bedroom TV on. And if my lids happen to get heavy during the third, well, WGR will tell me what happened in the morning.

Archived