Depressing thought of the day

carpandean

They've been playing a little better lately, so I feel bad pointing this out, but for the first time this season, we are behind where we were last year:

post-1053-1229831751_thumbjpg

(Points net of a 94-point, roughly playoff, pace.)

For anybody that questions how unbalanced our scoring has been, Vanek has far more goals than he had at this point in either 2006-07 or 2007-08, and Roy is now ahead of where he was last year in terms of points. And, yes, I do have charts to prove both of these. :blush:

To add insult to injury, the Bruins have now caught the 2006-07 Sabres.

This is pretty pointless. You can't really look and compare the two season. We didn't have a #1 star last year. Our defense played much more poorly last year then they are right now. We are much more injured right now and keeping up with teams. We won 6 in a row before XMAS break last season.

Then lost 10 straight (outdoor classic curse? lol)

We also lost 6 of 7 in March.

If we go on a 10 game losing streak and then 6 of 7 few weeks later, then yeah, no kidding we won't make the playoffs. I really doubt this team will go on long losing streaks. If anything, i can see us going on a bit of a run if we get a bit healthy... like 6 in a row or something.

This is pretty pointless. You can't really look and compare the two season. We didn't have a #1 star last year. Our defense played much more poorly last year then they are right now. We are much more injured right now and keeping up with teams. We won 6 in a row before XMAS break last season.

If we go on a 10 game losing streak and then 6 of 7 few weeks later, then yeah, no kidding we won't make the playoffs. I really doubt this team will go on long losing streaks. If anything, i can see us going on a bit of a run if we get a bit healthy... like 6 in a row or something.

I think it is very useful as it gives the big picture view of how the season is progressing...

Seems to me we were playing out best hockey with 2 or 3 regulars out, early in the season?

Why on earth would you doubt that? The Sabres have already lost 10 out of 13 (including 6 out of 7) this year, and we aren't even halfway in.

Archived