Anyone Else Getting NHL Network For Free?

bob_sauve28

I get it on station 560 on Time Warner. Anyone know if this is permanent or just a promotion? I like it. The "Around The NHL" thing is great

I'll give it a try tonight when I get home. I have the digital tier which includes ESPNU, ESPNnews & ESPN Classic and I didn't get it previously. I haven't checked in a while now.

I actually just called TW and they said that I was paying $1.50 a month for it and ten other stations that I have no idea what they are. So that's great!

1.50 per month, can't beat that with a stick.

I pay for it.. it's only like 4 bucks a month!

You bet get on the blower with TW, there robbing you blind. <_<

I actually just called TW and they said that I was paying $1.50 a month for it and ten other stations that I have no idea what they are. So that's great!

I know I have the sports tier and a DVR. Since my apartment building includes cable my bill is about 12 bucks a month, not sure of the breakdown though.

I checked last night. TW in the WNY burbs is on 171 and is not part of the digital tier I already have that includes the ESPN's(Classis, U & News). It would cost me an extra $4 per month on the "digital sports" tier and includes 6 or 7 other channels that I'd never even consider watching.

Sorry, but TW is already bending me over. Include the NFL Network for $4 per month and I might consider it. Until then, thanks but no thanks.

PS ESPN Classic is a joke...American Gladiators, AWA Wrestling, etc... What happened to "classic" sporting events? :angry:

When did that change? When it first hit the air it was only available through the sports tier or if you ordered Center Ice.

You may be right...I don't have CI, but I have Sports Pack, but those channels are mainly in the 600s...I just know I've had it since its been on the air, and being that it's on 215, I figured it was standard. I checked the DTV site and NHLN is not listed in the Sports Pack tier...hmmmm.

You may be right...I don't have CI, but I have Sports Pack, but those channels are mainly in the 600s...I just know I've had it since its been on the air, and being that it's on 215, I figured it was standard. I checked the DTV site and NHLN is not listed in the Sports Pack tier...hmmmm.

I have DirecTV with CI but not the sports pack, and I get NHLN. Pretty sure I've been getting it since it was first carried.

I also like it a lot. My DVR picks up replays of old classic Sabres games. They also have one-hour specials recapping classic Sabres playoff series, etc. And the half-hour special on RJ was great.

NHLN is part of the Choice Extra Package ($35/mo) and is also part of the CI Package. It doesn't appear to be part of the Sports Package.

NHLN is part of the Choice Extra Package ($35/mo) and is also part of the CI Package. It doesn't appear to be part of the Sports Package.

Yeah, that's right. I've had the Choice Extra Package for many years, but the NHL Network only came on in the U.S. on DirecTV last year. I want to say it was in the summer of 2007 that I noticed I was getting the NHL Network, which I absolutely love. It's a great network and I love NHL On the Fly. Great show. Way better than SportsCenter on ESPN. I don't get to watch SportsCentre on TSN, so I don't know, but I'm sure I'd prefer SportsCentre over SportsCenter.

Not getting NHLTV, but somehow have been getting free Center Ice on TW out here in Hollywood. I called at the beginning of the season to ask about pricing and the rep. I spoke with was very cool, im thinking he had something to do with it. Anyway, im not about to call back and complain. :thumbsup:

Archived