[OT] Congrats to the UB Bulls...MAC Champions!

LabattBlue

I can honestly say that I haven't been that excited watching a team play football here in Buffalo for 10 years or so. I had butterflies in my stomach during the 4th quarter.

For anyone who has followed the struggles of UB football since they went Div. 1A, this was a remarkable achievement.

Hope everyone had a chance to see the game on ESPN2!!! If not, you missed what ESPN would call "an instant classic"!

GO BULLS!!!!!!

I hope that the killer instinct that the Bulls showed last night rubs off on the sabres and bills. going for it on 4th down and short? a 60 yard misdirection screen pass for a TD? a bend but don't break defense that forces turnovers? covering up for your own mistakes? passing in the 4th quarter? Blowing up holes for long running gains? This is the sort of stuff that has been missing specifically from the Bills this decade. The Sabres have just gotta show some heart again. Hoping we have a 3-0 weekend here!

In the words of the Rock " Finally, quality football has returned to Buffalo".

Great job. I didn't see the game. I was able to see the highlights, I was really impressed when the d-back returned the fumble 95 yards and when he scored he put the ball down and celebrated with his teammates. A quality coach with quality kids have turned the UB Football program into a point of community pride.

I can honestly say that I haven't been that excited watching a team play football here in Buffalo for 10 years or so. I had butterflies in my stomach during the 4th quarter.

For anyone who has followed the struggles of UB football since they went Div. 1A, this was a remarkable achievement.

Hope everyone had a chance to see the game on ESPN2!!! If not, you missed what ESPN would call "an instant classic"!

GO BULLS!!!!!!

I completely agree. The excitement were I was at was something I haven't felt from a sporting event for 2 years. I, for one, would love UB's emergence both in sports and academics to key Buffalo's turn around and for this area to become a College town with an NHL team in it.

Didn't he play for Nebraska? As much as I'd want this guy to stay in town, I wouldn't be surprised if he made it back to Nebraska or some other decent football school in a year or two. If he were to leave, it'd be nice to see him end up in Syracuse. Of course, I do want the guy to stay in Buffalo!

Didn't he play for Nebraska? As much as I'd want this guy to stay in town, I wouldn't be surprised if he made it back to Nebraska or some other decent football school in a year or two. If he were to leave, it'd be nice to see him end up in Syracuse. Of course, I do want the guy to stay in Buffalo!

He was the Huskers' QB for the team that lost the Orange Bowl to Bernie Kosar's Hurricanes...1984, I believe??

Nevertheless, he's made a name for himself for what he's done with this program. With all of the openings coming up, he might have his choice of jobs.

He was the Huskers' QB for the team that lost the Orange Bowl to Bernie Kosar's Hurricanes...1984, I believe??

Nevertheless, he's made a name for himself for what he's done with this program. With all of the openings coming up, he might have his choice of jobs.

If he stays or goes, he has done wonders for the UB program. A lot of HS kids watched last night and maybe some will chose UB to go play football based on last night.

Archived