A cheap Billionare...... Keep buying those tickets!

navybillsfan

I liked '99, too, and I know that was your main point, but the "Hasek incident" did not lead to the bankruptcy, unless he's the guy who tipped off the feds. (Who knows?)

SOrry it was a timeline quote..Obviously Hasek had nothing to do with Rigas's greed..

Will it make you feel better that I've only purchased 2 tickets to Sabres hockey, ever. :bag: I'm not buying tickets. :thumbsup:

:lol:

Last one (two: my son and I) I bought was for the game against the 'Hawks back in 2007... And the BlackHawk organization was hounding me to buy more... The Kane came along, old-man Wirtz kicked the bucked, and all the games became televised... Thank God... Or they still would calling me! I told them, I came to see the Sabres play, not the BlackHawks! :chris:

That 99 Cup run was the funnest time I had as a Sabre fan..That team really showed what a hard core bunch of tough minded men can accomplish even though they were outmanned.Plus a really good goalie...That Toronto series was the Best..I remember sitting in section 203 in game 6 and there were a bunch of Leaf fans there..After Ray scored the taunting /celebrating began!!!..I love those years..Nolan really got them playing well....After that yeara it wasnt quite the same..The Peca incident led to the HAsek incident which led to the bankruptcy..It was fun while it lasted..

Nolan might have gave them confidence they could play and showed them how to come together as a group but it was Lindy that showed them how they had to play to go to the finals.

Okay Rigas was a crook but he sure did make me happy! Back in his reign I lived south of Mansfield Ohio and had Adelphia Cable. Every Sabres game was broadcast on our local community channel #2. Every one. I couldn't believe my good fortune...no longer living in the homeland but watching all the games! Then Time Warner came to town and that was the end of that.

Nolan might have gave them confidence they could play and showed them how to come together as a group but it was Lindy that showed them how they had to play to go to the finals.

I think they wouldve went just as far with Nolan as the coach with all things being equal....They played hard for him and lets face it..Hasek was pretty much the reason they went where they did..Peca was the same player..It wasnt like Ruff came in here and turned a horrible team into a Contender..They had progressed every yr 3 yrs in a row till they finally reached the CUp..Then they fell short..He kept a good thing going imo..ALthough the Nolan Hasek thing couldve derailed it...We will never know but all things equal I still think they woulda went just as far..IMO..Lindy never won a CUP he doesnt have that experience..

I think they wouldve went just as far with Nolan as the coach with all things being equal....They played hard for him and lets face it..Hasek was pretty much the reason they went where they did..Peca was the same player..It wasnt like Ruff came in here and turned a horrible team into a Contender..They had progressed every yr 3 yrs in a row till they finally reached the CUp..Then they fell short..He kept a good thing going imo..ALthough the Nolan Hasek thing couldve derailed it...We will never know but all things equal I still think they woulda went just as far..IMO..Lindy never won a CUP he doesnt have that experience..

I completely disagree. Ruff taught them how to use their speed and had them playing a much more disciplined brand of hockey. Nolan tried to imtimidate the Flyers and they laughed at them. Ruff used his team's speed to completely befuddle them the following year.

And a stronger core of defensive-minded players than we have. Even their superstars play superb defense.

Plus they always have guys waiting in the wings, meaning if somebody starts coasting for a period of time, he could find himself in the pressbox pretty quick, or gone altogether.

Not like here, where Ruff sits the same three guys all year, and Darcy doesn't visit his office until the trade deadline.

Okay Rigas was a crook but he sure did make me happy! Back in his reign I lived south of Mansfield Ohio and had Adelphia Cable. Every Sabres game was broadcast on our local community channel #2. Every one. I couldn't believe my good fortune...no longer living in the homeland but watching all the games! Then Time Warner came to town and that was the end of that.

All cable companies are the devil IMO :chris:

I completely disagree. Ruff taught them how to use their speed and had them playing a much more disciplined brand of hockey. Nolan tried to imtimidate the Flyers and they laughed at them. Ruff used his team's speed to completely befuddle them the following year.

I dont know when they beat Ottawa in 7 games they ran them around pretty good..I think they were a team learning how to win..

I dont know when they beat Ottawa in 7 games they ran them around pretty good..I think they were a team learning how to win..

They were a 2 seed playing a 7 seed and they barely won. Both Plante's second and third goals were horrible goaltending.

Nolan was a great regular season coach who was able to motivate hte team through an 82 games season. In the playoffs coaching becomes much more of a factor and he was clearly over matched.

They were a 2 seed playing a 7 seed and they barely won. Both Plante's second and third goals were horrible goaltending.

Nolan was a great regular season coach who was able to motivate hte team through an 82 games season. In the playoffs coaching becomes much more of a factor and he was clearly over matched.

Not gonna debate this with you..I just disagree

Ohio has cable? Cool.

Archived