Bouwmeester

bottlecap

Note to DR: Get him.

Fish on. Panthers need forwards right now. Goose is too soft for me, his position needs an upgrade, Mancari or something. Bouwmeister would bring a load of minutes and agression, I would pair him with Teppo and use him on PP. In order to get B-meister, we need to dump one of our top 6.

Spacek is in last year,

Sekera stays,

Lydman stays,

Rivet stays,

Teppo (untradeable IMO)

Max, Goose, Tallinder and/or minor leaguer

for

B-meister & drafts

B-meister is a top notch d-man, I would compare him to a Jay McKee in his prime right now. That minor leaguer would have to be carte blanche for them.

Mckee in his prime was not a B-meister..Jay didnt hit near as hard..It is gonna cost more than Tallinder, max, goose..I dont know who they would want off this team right now..If they took Those 3 it would be a steal on the Sabres part...

I love these trade proposals. Let's give up 3 average players for a top D-Man. I'm sure they would go for it. Why hasn't Regier offered this?

You cant say that, you need to market them as "Stars". Max is awesome top line talent!, the Goose is a beast and Tallinder is a veteran playoff defensemen!

If you feel Gaustad is too soft, Mancari is not the answer in that regard.

I said Mancari, upgrade or something.

I am having a hard time defining the Goose. Is he a point producer? Is he a down-low body guy? Is he an intimidator? No, No and No.

Is he average? maybe just a career back-checker on a good day?

You cant say that, you need to market them as "Stars". Max is awesome top line talent!, the Goose is a beast and Tallinder is a veteran playoff defensemen!

I said Mancari, upgrade or something.

I am having a hard time defining the Goose. Is he a point producer? Is he a down-low body guy? Is he an intimidator? No, No and No.

Is he average? maybe just a career back-checker on a good day?

Bad reading comprehension on my part. :oops:

As to your question, for awhile it appeared that Gaustad had some 3rd line potential, but his offense is so limited that I now see him as nothing more than a very good 4th liner and that is only if he goes back to his physical edge displayed in the AHL and in his rookie season.

Bad reading comprehension on my part. :oops:

As to your question, for awhile it appeared that Gaustad had some 3rd line potential, but his offense is so limited that I now see him as nothing more than a very good 4th liner and that is only if he goes back to his physical edge displayed in the AHL and in his rookie season.

I really dont try to be a front office basher, and give the benefit of contracts to mature with these guys before passing judgement. But signing Goose now for three years (I think), is a painful thought when I dont see a significant progression to his game, especially this year. My expectations for him are obviously high mostly because of his size and position in the lineup every night as a 3rd or 4th line center, which are important positions. I wonder what he is.

I really dont try to be a front office basher, and give the benefit of contracts to mature with these guys before passing judgement. But signing Goose now for three years (I think), is a painful thought when I dont see a significant progression to his game, especially this year. My expectations for him are obviously high mostly because of his size and position in the lineup every night as a 3rd or 4th line center, which are important positions. I wonder what he is.

Maybe the Rangers can add him seeing as they have a less superior talent than the Sabres :nana:

Mancari is a bigger, softer version of Goose with a 102 mph slap shot.

You've got to at least give him that. It was pretty cool:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Maybe the Rangers can add him seeing as they have a less superior talent than the Sabres :nana:

Huh? are you talking about the depth between NYR & the Sabres again?

I still stand by that statement; the Sabres have better depth in Buffalo & Portland than the Rangers do in New York & Hartford. :thumbsup: touche!

Huh? are you talking about the depth between NYR & the Sabres again?

I still stand by that statement; the Sabres have better depth in Buffalo & Portland than the Rangers do in New York & Hartford. :thumbsup: touche!

Ahh I see..Now we are extending it to the farm systems....LOL..To bad are SAbres didnt fight a lost cause as hard as you... :thumbsup:

I thought that was what the thread conversation was about :unsure: . Granted, NYR can pull the trigger at any moment for whoever they want for improvements.

It doesnt really matter either way... :thumbsup: I dont think the 2 teams are all that close..Maybe our farm team can beat there's in a series but I dont think we beat the Rangers this year unless we get a good number number 1 or number 2 center..Without either this team is disfunctional...

You've got to at least give him that. It was pretty cool:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Very true. I even mentioned that was his biggest asset in another thread recently. I hope the kid can come to the NHL and prove he deserves to stay. He just needs to use his size to his advantage.

It doesnt really matter either way... :thumbsup: I dont think the 2 teams are all that close..Maybe our farm team can beat there's in a series but I dont think we beat the Rangers this year unless we get a good number number 1 or number 2 center..Without either this team is disfunctional...

I agree, right now we are having a hard time adding the fun to dysfunctional :D

Bouwmeester is an UFA after this season. Florida already tried to sign him and can't do it. He makes $4.75 mil this year. Long term IR Connolly, waive Afinogenov. There's BM's money plus the Sabres are under the cap anyway. I'd offer Florida this: Drew Stafford, Henrik Tallinder and a #1 in 2009 for a guy they can't/won't sign anyway. Call up Gerbe to take Max's place and Bob's your Uncle and things are back on track.

Biggest problems with the Sabres are the Defense is full of soft Euro garbage (minus Rivet) and it's the same team as last year that missed the playoffs except Kalinin for Rivet and LaLime for Thibault. Why would anyone think they would be better this year? They need a big shakeup or three, make some real moves and soon.

I'm doubting Bouwmeester will be shopped atm. His biggest trade value will come on that tradiest of insane trade days - deadline day. Florida will probably hold him until then, let his value continue to rise and play off teams looking to get primed for a deep run will do what they do best - mortgage off there future for a shot at the cup.

Bouwmeester will go for probably a younger player with time on his contract and an upside, and probably some picks or something of that nature. Florida is already restocking for a big rebuild right now, and have been shedding players that aren't in that picture. They aren't gonna take Tallinder, Goose, Max or Connolly for that. Especially Max and Connolly who are in there last years of a contract and if they want them(for whatever unknown reason) could have them in UFA in the Summer.

If we want Bouwmeester now, it'll probably have to be for somebody like Pommers which would be stupid for us, but Florida isn't gonna give up there biggest trade deadline chip for our cast aways.

Archived