Bouwmeester

bottlecap

B-meister is a top notch d-man, I would compare him to a Jay McKee in his prime right now. That minor leaguer would have to be carte blanche for them.

Bowmeester has offensive ability. McKee has/had none. If Florida needs or wants forwards we have plenty to unload.

Unless the Sabres know they can sign Bouw(he will probably cost Vanek dollars) to a long term contract, they shouldn't even consider it(not that Darcy is even thinking about it in his dreams).

Even if they do, how is this going to make the forwards play better in their own zone? One other note, I can't ever remember Bouw standing out in any games against the Sabres. Is he a physical player or is he looking for membership in the Sabres Pussification Corp?

Bouwmeester is an UFA after this season. Florida already tried to sign him and can't do it. He makes $4.75 mil this year. Long term IR Connolly, waive Afinogenov. There's BM's money plus the Sabres are under the cap anyway. I'd offer Florida this: Drew Stafford, Henrik Tallinder and a #1 in 2009 for a guy they can't/won't sign anyway. Call up Gerbe to take Max's place and Bob's your Uncle and things are back on track.

Biggest problems with the Sabres are the Defense is full of soft Euro garbage (minus Rivet) and it's the same team as last year that missed the playoffs except Kalinin for Rivet and LaLime for Thibault. Why would anyone think they would be better this year? They need a big shakeup or three, make some real moves and soon.

Putting Connolly on LTIR doesn't save them a dime. They still have to pay 100% of his salary. And waiving Max only saves them money if someone claims him -- which is possible but not probable.

As for the Sabres' biggest problem, I'd say it's moved away from soft/unreliable D (which was the case last year but I think well improved this year) to mentally weak/rudderless/non-clutch forwards (which was also the case last year and hasn't improved a bit).

Archived