Gerbe Nets a Trick Against Worcester

slapshot1619

I think you drop Mair to the 4th line, and probably bring in a Kennedy or Gerbe or even Mancari to play on the 2nd or 3rd. Hecht - Gaustad and Mair can all play center or wing.....so you aren't replacing Ellis's skill set per se ...just shuffling composition.

Yeah, Mair to me has not been very good this season either ... I guess there are no expectations compared to Stafford, but Mair has maybe been worse ... But they definitely need him in there if Peters is going to be scratched.

Yeah, Mair to me has not been very good this season either ... I guess there are no expectations compared to Stafford, but Mair has maybe been worse ... But they definitely need him in there if Peters is going to be scratched.

Mair has won 53% if his face offs, which on a team with no one else over 50%, (Other then Connolly in his two games) is pretty important, especially since Hecht may not be able to take draws for a few games.

Since, as a number of folks have noted, Ellis isn't irreplaceable, I think the decision is much more about what's best for Stafford than how much it would hurt to lose Ellis. Stafford never really paid his dues in the sense of spending much time in the A. He also strikes me as a bit cocky. If that's true, then perhaps a trip to the A would be good medicine. It might make him realize that there is no entitlement to a spot in the NHL, and that he needs to play every second of every shift with desperation.

What's certainly true is that his productivity is well below expectations, and that Lindy is playing him less and less as a result. It's up to Darcy and Lindy to figure this one out.

Mair has won 53% if his face offs, which on a team with no one else over 50%, (Other then Connolly in his two games) is pretty important, especially since Hecht may not be able to take draws for a few games.

I hear ya, but considering how little ice time he gets and the fact that they don't use him on important draws I'm not sure how big a deal that is ... at the end of the Devils game when they had the extra attacker out, Kotalik took at least one draw and it was not because someone got tossed ... if the faceoff thing was that huge, why not send Mair out there?

Send stafford down. We should have kept Bernier.

:lol:

I guess people hate shut-out hockey.

Stafford has been getting the puck on net...they just haven't been going in.

It happens. Moving him down a line isn't necessarily a demotion as much as a chance

to get him some more production away from checking lines.

Stafford has been playing better than his numbers - and I don't think he has taken any silly reaching penalties.

Seasons have an ebb and flow.....he's a fine player.

Just so I'm clear on this - is Stafford being added to the Official SabreSpace Whipping Boys list? I know Max, Kotalik and Peters are charter members - is Staff heading that way as well?

I vote no. He has plenty of time to "earn his stripes" into this elite club.

I like the trio for now! :rolleyes:

That's one heck of a three-headed monster there. The Holy Trinity of Whipping Boys, as it were.

I wonder if those three miss Kalinin...

I don't know, seems some are making a strong push for Stafford's election into the Whipping Boys club.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=119964

Back to the original subject ...

If anyone hasn't seen AHL Live yet, check it out. In addition to being able to watch live games for $6 or archived games for $4, there are highlights of select games (including this one with Gerbe's hat trick) that are free. Click on the highlight tab, then under the team drop-down box, select Portland. Note: you can right-click on the video and select Zoom>Full Screen to see it better.

Archived