Trade Max!

bob_sauve28

I think at this point anything higher that a late draft pick is nothing more than wishful thinking.

It's a risk, and it's a risk i would take if i was a running a western div team like Colorado. Max could do very well in the west, sometime all that a player needs is a change of scenery. The NW div is very tight, Max and his speed could be a major asset to some teams.

It's a risk, and it's a risk i would take if i was a running a western div team like Colorado. Max could do very well in the west, sometime all that a player needs is a change of scenery. The NW div is very tight, Max and his speed could be a major asset to some teams.

What teams out west have a need and the cap space? The price tag is a major stumbling block. Then again if Max were only making $1.5 I would be for keeping him on the 3rd or 4th line.

What teams out west have a need and the cap space? The price tag is a major stumbling block. Then again if Max were only making $1.5 I would be for keeping him on the 3rd or 4th line.

Tied for 1st on the team in assists, trade him! Gotta love it. Sure he's -1, but Sekera is -2 and has 7 assists, and no one's calling for his head.

If you want to talk futile, Connelly's first game was a give-away-fest.

Tied for 1st on the team in assists, trade him! Gotta love it. Sure he's -1, but Sekera is -2 and has 7 assists, and no one's calling for his head.

Do you honestly not see the difference between the two situations?

Trades of higher salary's like Max's become much easier after January 1st. I don't expect Darcy to make a trade until that point anyways, he's never been know to hit the panic button, especially since we still have ton of talent here and Hecht still has to return.

I was watching a Vancouver game last week on CI, on sportsnet i think, and during intermission they were talking about Mats Sundin. They said, they NEED Sundin, but even if they do get him, they must add speed to their lineup. And then they were saying Sundin will probably sign with a team in the east (Toronto, Philly, NYR) and then they were saying Vancouver needs to find a speedy winger soon. I thought for sure they were mention Max but didn't but i think that would make perfect sense. During the draft, didn't Vancouver offer a 2nd round pick or something for Max and Darcy rejected? So they do have some kind of interest. Plus they have alot of players that we could love. Raymond, Burrows, or even Bieksa. And Mattias Ohlund has been rumored in some deals so he could be had. If Max does get traded, i'm sure it's going to be either Colorado or Vancouver. And after the first of January.

Trades of higher salary's like Max's become much easier after January 1st. I don't expect Darcy to make a trade until that point anyways, he's never been know to hit the panic button, especially since we still have ton of talent here and Hecht still has to return.

I was watching a Vancouver game last week on CI, on sportsnet i think, and during intermission they were talking about Mats Sundin. They said, they NEED Sundin, but even if they do get him, they must add speed to their lineup. And then they were saying Sundin will probably sign with a team in the east (Toronto, Philly, NYR) and then they were saying Vancouver needs to find a speedy winger soon. I thought for sure they were mention Max but didn't but i think that would make perfect sense. During the draft, didn't Vancouver offer a 2nd round pick or something for Max and Darcy rejected? So they do have some kind of interest. Plus they have alot of players that we could love. Raymond, Burrows, or even Bieksa. And Mattias Ohlund has been rumored in some deals so he could be had. If Max does get traded, i'm sure it's going to be either Colorado or Vancouver. And after the first of January.

i've always had an affinity for some of the vancouver players. any of the players you mentioned would be great - especially Bieksa. Only thing is i'm not sure what the cap implications would be, and whether it would take more than maxim to get some of the players mentioned. assuming they are interested at all of course.

Considering it was Connolly's first game, i don't think you have much of a case.

But, if you want to make this a Max vs. Connolly. Sure. In Connolly's first game back, the dude had an assist, compared to Max's nothing. Connolly also played 19 minutes. Max? 15. Connolly also played two minutes killing penalties, while Max never will even get a second of the PK unit.

And, i don't know if you didn't realize. Max is a winger. Sekera is a d-men.

And, i don't know if you didn't realize. Max is a winger. Sekera is a d-men.

Not to mention that Sekera is all of 22 years old and has just 50 NHL games under his belt, while Max is 29 and has over 530 games to his record. Andrej will likely get better and continue to learn and improve. With Max, what you see is what you get.

Reggie has a upside . We see it with every game he plays, the little General as well. Clarke came in under the radar and is raising some eyebrows

MacArthur is a perfect example of not being able to get by on talent alone. Put in the extra effort in terms of your play without the puck and combine it with NHL talent(which MacArthur has) and you'll have a spot in the big leagues for 5-10 years.

That is the first I heard of that. Regier would be insane not to pull the trigger on that deal. Do you have a link or anything?

Putting together a few assists doesn't justify paying him $3.5 million. Max is a player with great speed and when his head is on right he can be an offensive force. The problem is that his head is on straight about as often as Tim Connolly is healthy. Not too often. Max has no future here in Buffalo. His time has run out and maybe a change of scenery will clear his head and turn his game around.

It was on WGR or on the draft coverage. It was a 2nd round or 3rd, i forget. It was on draft day though. I don't have a link.

I don't remember this, but I have not believed for a second that DR has not had any offers for Max in the off-season(as many here want to believe). IMO it is because he felt that the value coming back wasn't enough.

To me, a 3rd round pick and taking Max's salary off their hands is GREAT value.

Archived