Direct TV w/ no Center Ice? Lost the postgame - read on...

I'm not paying for Center Ice. Last year we got all of the post game shows. The post game show was cut off on the "local" MSG feed. I called Direct TV and they said because we don't have Center Ice, MSG is not providing the post game feed. They said they have "nothing to do with it".

Do you guys with Time Warner or Dish get the post game show without paying for some special package?

I do have Directv with Center Ice and they still cut off the post game show. It went right to the Directv logo.

God, that sucks even more! We got Direct TV in the spring with a Verizon package. Prior to that we had Dish for many many years. I loved Dish - even their customer service was very good. I completely regret going with Direct TV.

I had my call escalated so I could talk to a supervisor to confirm the garbage the low-level rep was telling me. Same thing - no Center Ice, no postgame. I asked when this change took place, seeing as we got all of the postgame shows last season, and when they notified me of this change. She couldn't answer the question.

God, that sucks even more! We got Direct TV in the spring with a Verizon package. Prior to that we had Dish for many many years. I loved Dish - even their customer service was very good. I completely regret going with Direct TV.

I had my call escalated so I could talk to a supervisor to confirm the garbage the low-level rep was telling me. Same thing - no Center Ice, no postgame. I asked when this change took place, seeing as we got all of the postgame shows last season, and when they notified me of this change. She couldn't answer the question.

Are you in WNY or outside the area?

Kenmore.

Ah.

Sorry - in that case I can offer no help. All I can tell you is that I live just outside Cleveland, have had DirecTV and the CI package the last couple years, and for us it is hit or miss as to whether the feed stayed on after the game ended. Two years ago I swear CI and DirecTV were paying people to sit there and wait for the final horn to blow so they could kill the feed right away. Last year it usually waited a little longer, but I think I can count the number of times I've seen Shootout on one hand.

Ah.

Sorry - in that case I can offer no help. All I can tell you is that I live just outside Cleveland, have had DirecTV and the CI package the last couple years, and for us it is hit or miss as to whether the feed stayed on after the game ended. Two years ago I swear CI and DirecTV were paying people to sit there and wait for the final horn to blow so they could kill the feed right away. Last year it usually waited a little longer, but I think I can count the number of times I've seen Shootout on one hand.

I think it has something to do with how many paths MSG is using for other sporting events. Tonight they had the Rags and a preseason Knicks game. If there is only one local new york team covered by MSG on a night when the Sabres play(which doesn't happen very often)they'll leave Shootout on.

The supervisor most likely didn't give you quite correct information.

Not sure why there was no post game feed (Swamp probably has it correct in that MSG didn't deem us worthy of a feed; I hope not, because I'd expect we'll get shafted often this year if that was the case tonight) but even if you live in WNY AND have CI AND have the Sports Package AND have Choice Plus (or whatever the "good" base package is called) AND have HD there was no post game feed. As mentioned in the game day thread, the technician I spoke w/ said they didn't have the feed in their office.

Last year, I couldn't get the post game show 3-4 times, but when I called they managed to get it back a couple of times. It appeared in the past that somehow my receiver wasn't recognized as being in the WNY region, but when I'd speak w/ someone who actually knew how to fix the issue it got remedied. I have also talked w/ customer service people in the past that claimed the show was "blacked out" in my area. To get around those bozos (including an unknowledgeable supervisor or 2) I'd typically call into the system again. Usually I'd get someone that knew what they were doing by the 2nd try.

The guy I spoke w/ tonight SEEMED to understand the issue but simply couldn't find a feed. Considering you live in Kenmore, I would expect that in the future you will be able to get the Shootout even w/out the CI package. The reason why the supervisor couldn't tell you when DirecTV changed their policy is most likely that they didn't change their policy.

The supervisor most likely didn't give you quite correct information.

Not sure why there was no post game feed (Swamp probably has it correct in that MSG didn't deem us worthy of a feed; I hope not, because I'd expect we'll get shafted often this year if that was the case tonight) but even if you live in WNY AND have CI AND have the Sports Package AND have Choice Plus (or whatever the "good" base package is called) AND have HD there was no post game feed. As mentioned in the game day thread, the technician I spoke w/ said they didn't have the feed in their office.

Last year, I couldn't get the post game show 3-4 times, but when I called they managed to get it back a couple of times. It appeared in the past that somehow my receiver wasn't recognized as being in the WNY region, but when I'd speak w/ someone who actually knew how to fix the issue it got remedied. I have also talked w/ customer service people in the past that claimed the show was "blacked out" in my area. To get around those bozos (including an unknowledgeable supervisor or 2) I'd typically call into the system again. Usually I'd get someone that knew what they were doing by the 2nd try.

The guy I spoke w/ tonight SEEMED to understand the issue but simply couldn't find a feed. Considering you live in Kenmore, I would expect that in the future you will be able to get the Shootout even w/out the CI package. The reason why the supervisor couldn't tell you when DirecTV changed their policy is most likely that they didn't change their policy.

This is all fine and good, however I don't expect to get accurate info on the matter from a message board - I expect to get it from the provider. When I had Dish, any time I had an issue they dealt with it first try (with accurate information). However it was rare I even had an issue. Again, I only left Dish because of the Verizon package and how attractive the price looked bundled with Verizon services. FWIW, Verizon customer service is pretty good, too as any issue I have had with them was dealt with relatively well (and with accurate information).

I actually called twice tonight. The first time, the computer answering the phone told me something to the effect "we can not help you, please call back. Thank you."

So, if this was indeed the fault of MSG (although other folks with other providers apparently received the postgame show), they shouldn't have tried to sell me Center Ice as the solution.

They did it all last year for us out-of-towners. Nothing new. You pay for the game, not the post game. Last night they delayed going immediately off the air. I thought I just might see some of the post game show. They caught up and killed the feed during the commercial.

Related topic. Sorry I could not find an older thread addressing this.

Are the games at HSBC not available in HD?

I live in DC with Directv and CI, but while the NYa shows up on the schedule I set them to record and get nothing; so are the HD Games blacked out at home on CI?

Am I correct? Any alternatives?

Related topic. Sorry I could not find an older thread addressing this.

Are the games at HSBC not available in HD?

I live in DC with Directv and CI, but while the NYa shows up on the schedule I set them to record and get nothing; so are the HD Games blacked out at home on CI?

Am I correct? Any alternatives?

They only show the HD games when the Sabres are at home...

I also have Direct TV and it cuts off right after the game is over....

I live 5 miles from the arena...

My father in Law has TWC, I don't think the post game gets cut off on his, But I have Ch 4 & NFL Network in HD so I guess that's my trade off :beer:

They only show the HD games when the Sabres are at home...

I also have Direct TV and it cuts off right after the game is over....

I live 5 miles from the arena...

My father in Law has TWC, I don't think the post game gets cut off on his, But I have Ch 4 & NFL Network in HD so I guess that's my trade off :beer:

DirecTV showed the limited postgame show they had after the Atlanta game here in Ra-cha-cha. If you never get the postgame show, odds are that somehow your account/receiver isn't set up right on the DirecTV end. Call them and ask them to fix it. If, when they fix it, you also ask what they can do to make up for your trouble/inconvenience they will probably offer you something (most likely $5 off for 3-6 months); which isn't huge but it is better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Occassionally having the post game show blacked out on DirecTV is pretty much my major beef w/ them. Other than that I have had very good service and through the years have gotten good response on the rare occassion that I have had a different problem. Considering I only lose the post game show (ttbomk) about 4 times per year, while it is a nuisance, it isn't a deal breaker.

little help?

I've been getting it a lot with TWC. Various things ie sound going out, picture freezing, ghosting ect. I guess it's the feed.

In a less related topic, someone here at work was saying that MSG was only contractually obligated to half of the games in HD. Next season they have a contact to do 3/4 of the games, but have decided to broadcast 100% of the games in HD. Anyone else hear this or have a link? I can't stand watching MSG SD, it looks terrible on my big screen.

I have DTV with center ice and regional sports net. The only reason I carry the regional net is for the post game. In the past postgame stayed on till it ended on MSG however the game saturday night ended on 638 at same time as the center ice channel. Guide showed post game report but the channel was the DTV logo. I suspect someone didnt switch something right. I will monitor tonight and if so contact a buddy at DTV that is able to get to the issue directly.

Archived