RBK jersey sale on nhl.com

Two or less

because Reebok sucks, that's why. Not to mention it looks like a girl's jersey the way it is cut. I am going to have to wait and get an authentic without that tag on the front I guess ... no XXLs anyway, but even if they had them i don't think i could pay for that ... so glad I stocked up on several CCM blanks that I can get customized.

I know this was discussed before, but do the jerseys come with that label on the front of the jersey at the bottom. If so, why? :blink: :blink:

Just the replicas; authentics do not. I'd say that it is done to provide incentive to buy the more expensive authentic jerseys.

Be aware of customized jerseys at nhl.com...for replica jerseys, they use the "heat press" method, which is less than ideal:

nhl.com

IceJerseys, on the other hand, uses the "Z-stich" method which results in a much better product:

icejerseys.com

Not a plug for icejerseys, as there are others out there (they are a SabreSpace sponsor, however) but just want to make sure buyers know the difference between the two lettering/numbering methods. The "heat press" numbers may be fine, but again, be aware of what is out there.

This must be new on the edge authentics, because they aren't on my RBK 2006-07 authentics, but NHL.com says:

RBK/NHL Center Ice Authentic woven neck label and RBK/NHL Center Ice jock tag with numeric sizing is applied to the lower left bottom of the jersey

(For replica, it says the same, but with "alpha sizing"

Edit: their customizer is not consistent with the above statement:

post-1053-1224271291_thumbjpg

post-1053-1224271317_thumbjpg

You put #11 on a new style jersey?

That's weird, the customization rules say:

Retired player names cannot be printed on the team's jersey from which they retired

However, it will let you pick Perreault, who did retire as a Sabre, but will not let you choose Ruff, who did not (he "retired" as a Ranger.) It will also let you choose Gare. Plus, it will let you violate the rule that says it has to be a player's current team, since you choose Drury and Satan (just tried those to check.)

I don't know, but don't want to screw it up and then be on the hokk for $100+.

I was looking at the "premier" slug jerseys in today, I'm not impressed with the quality. They seem chintzy. However, I did check on the size tag thing, and it should be removable with no problem, it's single stitched on, nothing fancy. I assume Rbk is using the same methods on the new thirds.

I'm not sure I can justify the money for such a low quality jersey. I may just buy a winter classic jersey since the quality seems to be slightly better even though the logos aren't stitched, the price is much nicer. And $300 just seems like way too much for an authentic.

I can kick myself for not buying a classic blue "blank" jersey in the Sabres store a few weeks back. Thay had a couple of L & XL on a rack with some old school whites. I am sure they are gone now.

The classic blues are all over ebay and you can get the whites at Dick's. They're just the "winter classic vintage" jersey. Quality isn't bad, I've always been a fan of the air mesh. The logos are glued on and are a little thinner than the classic blues were. I've actually got a blue one in my closet here but I never wear it cuz I wish it had a name on it and the logo looks kinda goofy, it's bent weird. oh well.

I think I'm buy one of the winter classic whites, for $100 customized you can't go wrong.

I need the sleeve length more than anything else... I'm 6'5 so I need looong sleeves

I have a similar, albeit less extreme, problem. At 6' 2", 190 lbs, larges (in regular clothes) fit my frame well, but I often have to buy XL to get the right sleeve length. When I can, I buy large-talls and in suits, I'm a 41 Long.

Archived