Vanek!!!

BuffalOhio

Mr. all-around great player, Chris Drury. Hmmmmmmmmmm..........

Both times, he zipped right past Drury who could do nothing but watch. Van's starting to earn his money.

Lindy putting him on the PK may just turn out to be another stroke of genius by our favorite coach.

Mr. all-around great player, Chris Drury. Hmmmmmmmmmm..........

Both times, he zipped right past Drury who could do nothing but watch. Van's starting to earn his money.

Lindy putting him on the PK may just turn out to be another stroke of genius by our favorite coach.

Maybe Chris really does read our posts, none of us had any idea. you're right :thumbsup:

Maybe Chris really does read our posts, none of us had any idea. you're right :thumbsup:

totally made my night to see Van smoke him down the ice, TWICE.

I had the Ranger's feed from MSG, and noticed that Lindy and Drury both exited the benches at the end of the game at the same time...and awkwardly didn't even make eye contact as they strode to the locker rooms side by side.

not that they should've held hands or anything, but still interesting.

...and awkwardly didn't even make eye contact as they strode to the locker rooms side by side.

I think Lindy had a little ill will towards chubby LLWS hero Chris when he left "his" team high and dry with nothing but a young kid who wilted under expectations.

totally made my night to see Van smoke him down the ice, TWICE.

I had the Ranger's feed from MSG, and noticed that Lindy and Drury both exited the benches at the end of the game at the same time...and awkwardly didn't even make eye contact as they strode to the locker rooms side by side.

not that they should've held hands or anything, but still interesting.

I noticed that too. It definitely seemed awkward. I always liked Drury and still respect him as a good player, but he did kind of hang us out to dry by not letting the FO know that he didn't intend to return. If you're not with us, you're against us. F him.

From what I've heard CD was an on-ice guy, not an after game hang out with me guy. Sometimes the guys hang out in the locker room after the game and have a beer, CD never did. I wouldn't expect the other players to "miss him as a friend".

You know this for a fact?

From what I've heard CD was an on-ice guy, not an after game hang out with me guy. Sometimes the guys hang out in the locker room after the game and have a beer, CD never did. I wouldn't expect the other players to "miss him as a friend".

Man Card revoked.

That has to be, IMO, an insult directed straight at the Hockey Gods!

All-around bad games are pretty rare for Chris Drury.

They happen though.

Based on the "scorned lover" revisionist history spun by some Sabres fans, one would think that Drury having bad all-around games were the norm and not the exception when he was with Buffalo.

Based on the "scorned lover" revisionist history spun by some Sabres fans, one would think that Drury having bad all-around games were the norm and not the exception when he was with Buffalo.

Am I a scorned lover if I stick to my theory that a Drury-led team will never win anything?

Am I a scorned lover if I stick to my theory that a Drury-led team will never win anything?

Although I would disagree, no - not if that is the extent of your opinion. But if you were to start exaggerating how "poorly" Drury played when he was here and how regularly he sucked and glossing over what he did in a Sabres uniform, then I'd say yes.

I've seen how you carry the anti-Gerbe torch, so I can honestly say I haven't seen that much passion in your opinion of Drury.

Although I would disagree, no - not if that is the extent of your opinion. But if you were to start exaggerating how "poorly" Drury played when he was here and how regularly he sucked and glossing over what he did in a Sabres uniform, then I'd say yes.

I've seen how you carry the anti-Gerbe torch, so I can honestly say I haven't seen that much passion in your opinion of Drury.

I'd call it more of a realistic look at Gerbe. There was a serious shift in my attitude towards him in the past year though, after he finally started to play a more mature style of hockey (after his butt ending suspension). The only things I've ever said about Drury though started to come out when people created that "he just knows how to win" myth.

For the record which players do you think will lead a team to a cup that hasnt yet??? Sounds like a nice poll for someone to do..

That's a tough one. Put some of these guys in the old system where there wasn't as much roster turnover and I might have an answer for you. My comment about Drury was more for the myth I mentioned above. When people want to praise him for being this great leader who knows how to win, he may actually want to lead a team to some hardware before making that statement.

edit: And speaking of roster turnover, did anyone catch on the broadcast last night when they said that no one on the current Ranger roster was there prior to the lockout? That's crazy.

I wouldn't count out Mike Richards, Johnathan Teows, Paul Stasny, Sidney Crosby, or Alex Ovechkin, or Dion Phaneuf.

They are all going to be around a while.

It's such a small period of time to look at, but I can't get past all choking over in North Dakota while Toews was there. It was only two years and it continued last year even after he was gone, but it's so fresh in my mind.

Archived