"Pirates push past Albany in preseason action"

wildcat48

Pirates push past Albany in preseason action

Fitchburg, Mass. Marek Zagrapan scored two goals and an assist for the Portland Pirates as they battled past the Albany River Rats, 5-3, at the Wallace Civic Center on the campus of Fitchburg State College in Fitchburg Massachusetts.

Zagrapan, who arrived in Portland late Saturday, was playing in his first action since being sent to the Pirates on Friday, but despite being demoted he was still excited to get on the ice.

More @ Maine Hockey Journal

The Pirates had this group on the blueline...

Chris Butler ? Paul Baier

Marc-Andre Gragnani ? Mike Kostka

Tyler Bouck ? Mike Card

Gragnani should be a forward permanently and Bouck is a center who played at defense because they had no other choice. If the Sabres plan on keeping Weber, they need to get more defensemen for Portland.

I don't care how good their forwards are, they will get killed if this is all they have on defense...even when Funk comes back.

It is a good thing Amerks6 doesn't cheer for Portland, because he would be complaining that OSP is being cheap again and not helping the farm team.

Much better article then the official sites.

http://www.portlandpirates.com/gamesummary.asp?Id=1

"Jhonas Enroth started the game for the Pirates and allowed one goal through 30 minutes of action. Adam Dennis played the final two minutes and allowed two goals."

The team played 28 minutes with an open net and still only gave up 3 goals - pretty good!

"Jhonas Enroth started the game for the Pirates and allowed one goal through 30 minutes of action. Adam Dennis played the final two minutes and allowed two goals."

The team played 28 minutes with an open net and still only gave up 3 goals - pretty good!

Is it just me, or does that jersey look extremely tight and uncomfortable?

If you ask me, that's pretty sad on Dennis' part. 2 goals in 2 minutes. Who does he think he is? Ryan Miller?

I guess that pic supports the theory that Gerbe will take #19 if Connolly isn't on the team when he gets his starting spot. Even if he gets called up this year, he'll probably pull a Weber (he wore #34 while Pratt was here and then took #4 this year.)

Archived