GDT - 10/5 - Buffalo at Detroit - 5 EDT

FogBat

I don't know why no one hasn't started the thread about the last game of this preseason, but I might as well do so. Might be because of the fact that the Bils/Cards game going on right now.

Nevertheless, the 2008-09 hockey season is so quickly upon us, we can taste it.

I read Peters had beefed up over the summer because he didn't like being thin, but man, he looks obese now. He's freaking huge now. Not that he brings anything to the table, but a nice weight lifter who skates a shift every now and then isn't so bad. I don't know what it is, but Ty Conklin is the best backup the Sabres have had in years and he's not with the Sabres anymore. Oh well.

I read Peters had beefed up over the summer because he didn't like being thin, but man, he looks obese now. He's freaking huge now. Not that he brings anything to the table, but a nice weight lifter who skates a shift every now and then isn't so bad. I don't know what it is, but Ty Conklin is the best backup the Sabres have had in years and he's not with the Sabres anymore. Oh well.

:blink:

You have me confused. Wasn't that supposed to be Martin Biron?

Was it just me....Or.....Could you hear the producers talking to the play by play crew doing the game on the NHL Network.

At one point in the first period and the Sabres were on the power play you could hear the producer say "Man, their power play is terrible"

My friends and I had to do a double take and thanks to tivo we went back and heard it again.

Whoever it was you could hear them talking stuff for the entire game.

Anyone else here this?

Luckily this one didn't count for anything but I'm a little concerned that they're going to come out this crappy this Friday when the regular season starts. From what I saw, defence was lazy, offense didn't generate hardly any real scoring chances, no rebounds or second attempts, powerplay...atrocious, no energy, just all around bad. Not that Detroit was tremendously better. I would have liked to see a better game all around as a launching point for the regular season. But, now they'll only have practice to fix a bunch of things. Especially the PP.

Was it just me....Or.....Could you hear the producers talking to the play by play crew doing the game on the NHL Network.

At one point in the first period and the Sabres were on the power play you could hear the producer say "Man, their power play is terrible"

My friends and I had to do a double take and thanks to tivo we went back and heard it again.

Whoever it was you could hear them talking stuff for the entire game.

Anyone else here this?

Yup, I heard it too. But, I thought some of their comments were entertaining.

Archived