GDT

Strow

And another:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ajeUzZkTk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ajeUzZkTk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I missed almost the whole game. But, I did see the post game interviews. I know it's preseason and a pretty exciting win so it's easy to be confident (for lack of a better word for it), but I like the some of the leadership that Teppo and Rivet seem to possess. I think they will provide a good part of that for the team this year that was missing last year. They'll also be able to continue to show the younger vets more of how to lead while they are still here. Anyways, I'm glad Teppo's back and think Rivet will be a really big addition for this year.

I missed almost the whole game. But, I did see the post game interviews. I know it's preseason and a pretty exciting win so it's easy to be confident (for lack of a better word for it), but I like the some of the leadership that Teppo and Rivet seem to possess. I think they will provide a good part of that for the team this year that was missing last year. They'll also be able to continue to show the younger vets more of how to lead while they are still here. Anyways, I'm glad Teppo's back and think Rivet will be a really big addition for this year.

Without a shadow of a doubt - Last years biggest problem was that tinfoil defense of ours, and I also believe it to be a huge reason both Miller, and T-Bo in particular, struggled behind them.

I like the addition of Rivet and having Teppo back, but I still would've liked to see either Tallinder or Lydman replaced with a Jay McKee type d-man.

Oh well, can't have it all, right?

That didn't take long:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

that was beautiful.

I predict Rivet becomes the favorite Sabre of quite a few of the posters here.

that was beautiful.

I predict Rivet becomes the favorite Sabre of quite a few of the posters here.

Any fan who appreciates hard nosed play and a few punches to the opposing players faces will inevitably love Rivet. He's got my vote.

This team is so void of that type of player it's shameful.

That didn't take long:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think it's fair to say that Rivet is hands down the best fighter on this team. Yes, better than Peters. He got the win against Hollweg and initiated the scrap after he got undercut by him. That's how you protect the goalie!!! I wish some of the other defenseman could take some cues from Rivet when he's not on the ice.

I think it's fair to say that Rivet is hands down the best fighter on this team. Yes, better than Peters. He got the win against Hollweg and initiated the scrap after he got undercut by him. That's how you protect the goalie!!! I wish some of the other defenseman could take some cues from Rivet when he's not on the ice.

I agree with everything you said and have no doubt that we will see Rivet winning a lot of fights this year. In all fairness, though, Peters took one punch to finish off Hollweg in their first preseason game.

------------------

Edit: you always worry that a guy like Roy (or Pommer) will have a let down year after last season's breakout performance. However, watching him play, I get quite the opposite feeling. If Vanek gets back to finishing more consistently and/or if Roy stops hitting the pipe, I could see him breaking the 100 point mark. What's really great it that he would probably average 25:00+ of ice time, including 5:00+ minutes each of PP and SH time, while doing it.

Any fan who appreciates hard nosed play and a few punches to the opposing players faces will inevitably love Rivet. He's got my vote.

This team is so void of that type of player it's shameful.

Your right but maybe with Wilson back in the East and our division and the fact his teams are notorious for playing with a little nasty edge, just maybe Ruff's looking to add that element to this years team.

Couple other things I didn't see mentioned but I thought was pretty interesting.

The choices for captian and alternate's; Teppo- C, Rivet and Gaustad- A's and

TV and Roy killing penalties and not doing too bad.

Your right but maybe with Wilson back in the East and our division and the fact his teams are notorious for playing with a little nasty edge, just maybe Ruff's looking to add that element to this years team.

Couple other things I didn't see mentioned but I thought was pretty interesting.

The choices for captian and alternate's; Teppo- C, Rivet and Gaustad- A's and

TV and Roy killing penalties and not doing too bad.

I watched the game and really didn't notice who was on the ice at the time but the leafs only two goals came when we were down a man. Granted, Buffalo was shorthanded by two men I think in the second and did a good job killing it off. We almost have too many forwards as I though the general had a decent game. I noticed him primarily on the penalty kill and the power play. Just my thoughts......it's soooo good havin hockey back!

I watched the game and really didn't notice who was on the ice at the time but the leafs only two goals came when we were down a man. Granted, Buffalo was shorthanded by two men I think in the second and did a good job killing it off. We almost have too many forwards as I though the general had a decent game. I noticed him primarily on the penalty kill and the power play. Just my thoughts......it's soooo good havin hockey back!

Neither Roy nor Vanek was on the ice for either of those (Vanek was in the box with a high-sticking double minor for the second.) The first was Gaustad-Gogulla-Teppo-Sekera, while the second was Gaustad-MacArthur-Lydman-Rivet. Teppo made a bad decision (one of very few that he made during the whole game) for the first, while the second was just a nice (deflected, I believe) point shot. The PK looked really good the rest of the game.

one more point on Rivet: I highly recommend listening to his post-game interview here.

(if that link doesn't work, here is the multimedia page, and the link to the interview is there.)

Rivet is, as Darcy said when we got him, exactly what we need. He is going to be great for the team this year. Tough, veteran, no BS, will stand up for his teammates and will hold his team and the opponents accountable. He also said very nice things about Buffalo and the Sabres. I wouldn't be surprised if he wears a letter most of the year.

Archived