Jeanneret and Neale for 2 more years

frisky

"People don’t want to watch three guys talking about the game for an hour and a half,” said Quinn of the postgame show on the road.

I think it sucks about the Shootout not being on for road games. I always watch.

Me too. Who are these people to whom he is referring? I watch every Shootout that I can and hate it when they get cut short due to a long game. Especially after a big win, who doesn't want to hear more about the game or see the big highlights again? Plus, sometimes they show the little things that I might have missed. LQ is an idiot.

Ever hear Pittsburgh's announcer? Guy sounds like his heart's gonna jump out of his chest when the Pens score, and he sounds almost lifeless when the opposition scores. And some SouthEast announcers are totally biased on penalty calls. I said RJ was a fan, and he uses emotion. But at least RJ doesn't make watching the game unbearable if you're a fan of the opposition.

:thumbsup: Good post.

? The MSG postgame show, ?The Shootout,? will air only after home games. On road games, Sylvester will do a five-to-seven minute wrap-up with player interviews and highlights.

"People don?t want to watch three guys talking about the game for an hour and a half,? said Quinn of the postgame show on the road.

I think it sucks about the Shootout not being on for road games. I always watch.

I found that odd as well. Wouldn't more people actually be watching the road games as they can not actually go to it? Nice job Quinn, spot on as usual...

? The MSG postgame show, ?The Shootout,? will air only after home games. On road games, Sylvester will do a five-to-seven minute wrap-up with player interviews and highlights.

"People don?t want to watch three guys talking about the game for an hour and a half,? said Quinn of the postgame show on the road.

Quinn is an IDIOT! I like this sentence in the article...

Sylvester, Ray and Robitaille will continue doing ?The Shootout? after home games because Quinn said they get 10 times the minuscule audience the program received after road games.

Let's see some numbers to back that up Quinny? You have 19,000 fans who normally would be at the arena for a home game who are now sitting at home watching the road games/road game post game show, but the numbers are 10x less when the Sabres are on the road. Just f***ing admit that there is some financial reason behind this. What a jackass! :angry:

Quinn is an IDIOT! I like this sentence in the article...

Sylvester, Ray and Robitaille will continue doing ?The Shootout? after home games because Quinn said they get 10 times the minuscule audience the program received after road games.

Let's see some numbers to back that up Quinny? You have 19,000 fans who normally would be at the arena for a home game who are now sitting at home watching the road games/road game post game show, but the numbers are 10x less when the Sabres are on the road. Just f***ing admit that there is some financial reason behind this. What a jackass! :angry:

Seriously, good point! If I'm sitting at home watching a game, what's the difference between the Shootout for a road game and the Shootout for a home game? Nothing. Now, if I have tickets to a home game, I won't make it home in time to see the shootout, so I definitely won't watch. I don't know how it's possible that there is a smaller audience for road game.

Seriously, good point! If I'm sitting at home watching a game, what's the difference between the Shootout for a road game and the Shootout for a home game? Nothing. Now, if I have tickets to a home game, I won't make it home in time to see the shootout, so I definitely won't watch. I don't know how it's possible that there is a smaller audience for road game.

I didn't realize it until after I posted, but Finkle beat me to the punch with this point. Great minds think alike! :thumbsup:

Just f***ing admit that there is some financial reason behind this. What a jackass! :angry:

Cuz when the shootout is on during the home games the bar is still opened until the shootout is over. No one is at the bar during away games. Other than the crew probably skimming from the cooler.

My god, you'll crucify the guy for anything, won't you? So we all know this is a money decision, which is something that doesn't come from Quinn. He's in a can't win situation here. His job is to make the team look good. If he says what it is, a money decision, he gets crucified too. People are impossible to please. While the "10 times smaller audience" comment was most likely an exaggeration, they probably do get smaller audiences for road games. He's not going to make a blatently false statement like that when its far too easy for the media to fact check it.

My god, you'll crucify the guy for anything, won't you? So we all know this is a money decision, which is something that doesn't come from Quinn. He's in a can't win situation here. His job is to make the team look good. If he says what it is, a money decision, he gets crucified too. People are impossible to please. While the "10 times smaller audience" comment was most likely an exaggeration, they probably do get smaller audiences for road games. He's not going to make a blatently false statement like that when its far too easy for the media to fact check it.

Who's to say Quinny isn't making the call on any financial decisions, especially ones that REDUCE the operating budget? You are right in that the Sabres would still get killed if they came out and said this was a financial move, but at least then I wouldn't have to use the word LIAR in my post.

As far as giving the media credit that they would look into this, maybe I'll drop Alan Pergament of the Buffalo News an email and see what he comes up with.

CUZ WE WANT BLOOD!!! BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS!!!

Buffalo sports media? Fact check?

What is this fact check you speak of?

I just sent an email off to Pergament(he wrote the column). Not only don't I think it is a difference of 10x, I would guess it is neglible. I'm serious when I say that I believe Quinn really puts little thought into what he says.

Pergament's reply...

LQ's "staff" verified the ratings. :lol: :lol: Hard hitting journalism at its best!

Pergament's reply...

LQ's "staff" verified the ratings. :lol: :lol: Hard hitting journalism at its best!

My guess is that if you go game by game, you'll find a road game that was rated that much lower than either a single home game or the average home rating. So it'll technically be a true statement, the kind that is made all the time, but its definitely a bit of a stretch.

Now since I'm out of state, I don't get to watch this stuff like most of you, but I'm guessing MSG played a major role in this as well.

Archived