Eklund NHL rumor

Two or less

Please don't kill me. LOL i'm just very bored. Sorry, i don't have any crazy Olympic photos or any insane crashes to post, so i gotta talk hockey before i go insane. I just read like 7 hockey blogs. lol

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16541

Eklund of course is the most interesting. He has a e4 for NYR to trade Scott Gomez to Vancouver and thus signing Mats Sundin. What do you guys think of that? I also read on TSN.ca that Vancouver is going to pair up Steve Bernier on their top line with the Sedins. I wonder how many points Bernier is going to get playing first line minutes, esspicially with world-class hockey players like Daniel and Henrik.

His success/failure is based on website hits. Even if you just stop by for a laugh you are contributing to the disease.

I really question those who claim that his writing is crap but yet they can't stay away. This board has many closet Ecklund fans who might as well just admit it. It just sounds ridiculous when people post "I know it's crap but I just happen to come across this item". I would guess there are many posters that read/support his site on a regular basis but are afraid to admit it because they will be ridiculed.

His success/failure is based on website hits. Even if you just stop by for a laugh you are contributing to the disease.

I really question those who claim that his writing is crap but yet they can't stay away. This board has many closet Ecklund fans who might as well just admit it. It just sounds ridiculous when people post "I know it's crap but I just happen to come across this item". I would guess there are many posters that read/support his site on a regular basis but are afraid to admit it because they will be ridiculed.

Ha, agreed. I'm so sick of going into a thread "WELL I KNOW ITS NOT TRUE BUT EKLUND SAYS THIS!" Well if you know its not true then keep your mouth shut (or.. fingers away from your keyboards, rather). Personally I visit hockeybuzz almost daily, but generally it's to check up on team bloggers (which tend to stay away from rumors and post facts). I will admit though, reading what big E himself has to say can be interesting. There may be very little credibility, but imo he has to get his info somewhere... I doubt he just makes it up.

Please don't kill me. LOL i'm just very bored. Sorry, i don't have any crazy Olympic photos or any insane crashes to post, so i gotta talk hockey before i go insane. I just read like 7 hockey blogs. lol

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16541

Eklund of course is the most interesting. He has a e4 for NYR to trade Scott Gomez to Vancouver and thus signing Mats Sundin. What do you guys think of that? I also read on TSN.ca that Vancouver is going to pair up Steve Bernier on their top line with the Sedins. I wonder how many points Bernier is going to get playing first line minutes, esspicially with world-class hockey players like Daniel and Henrik.

First I've heard it.

I'm wondering if losing Gomez and picking up Sundin would make the NYR a better team.

My initial reaction is that it would be worse.

No, but it doesn't matter... If there's a demand for his writing, he'll keep on writing, even if his writing has nothing to do with reality.

Well then the marketing strategy that makes sense to me is a couple of phantom posters on various hockey blog sites with the innocuous well I know this is bull but here's a linky to read ......

Of course it would depend on what they got for Gomez, since they would be getting Sundin for nothing.

And I'm assuming Gomez has a no movement clause and would have to waive that, since just about everyone was getting those with their contracts last year.

Being that he is from Alaska, I would imagine Vancouver would appeal to him, you know, like Michigan appealed to Miller.

Not that I put any weight into the "rumor", but you really have to wonder what the player thinks when he signs a longterm deal like that and then one year later they ask to trade him all the way across the continent.

Not that I put any weight into the "rumor", but you really have to wonder what the player thinks when he signs a longterm deal like that and then one year later they ask to trade him all the way across the continent.

Good point...and the Sabres front office get a bad rap for "mistreating" their players.

Now you've taken my comment a bit too far. I wasn't suggesting that Gomez is being treated poorly. All I'm saying is that I doubt any legitimacy of that rumor.

Well it does sound pretty crappy to me..."yes Mr. Gomez, we will give you a no trade clause, but we may ask you to waive it next year..." Of course we are harder on our team than others, but I think every other organization does what they feel is best for the team, not the individual player.

Well it does sound pretty crappy to me..."yes Mr. Gomez, we will give you a no trade clause, but we may ask you to waive it next year..." Of course we are harder on our team than others, but I think every other organization does what they feel is best for the team, not the individual player.

So do I really have to spell this one out? Its an Eklund rumor and it means nothing.

It meant enough to you to make the original statement that he's discussing.

You mean my original statement that pointed out a big glaring hole in this "rumor"? Looking back, I really wish I had paid attention to TW's response to me, because so far, he's the only one that understood what I was saying.

Now I wish I had paid attention to who was posting that response because I missed a good laugh.

Not original statement, but this one.

So do I really have to spell this one out? Its an Eklund rumor and it means nothing.

Shrader, my point was that we tend to be overcritical of the Sabres (because we are Sabres fans). But when another team does something similar (even if it is a rumor), we let it go.

I know we are squirrels trying to get a nut in Shrader's world, but take it easy. The season will start soon. Then you can really start ripping people.

Not original statement, but this one.

I guess that should have been worded "you really have to wonder what a player WOULD think". But then again, like I said in my last post, I wish I had paid attention to TW's first response because I missed a good laugh.

Shrader, my point was that we tend to be overcritical of the Sabres (because we are Sabres fans). But when another team does something similar (even if it is a rumor), we let it go.

I know we are squirrels trying to get a nut in Shrader's world, but take it easy. The season will start soon. Then you can really start ripping people.

I can't wait until the season starts. Then we can rip on the team for not pulling the trigger on that Peters-Mancari for Dustin Brown rumor that someone will come up with.

But anyway, can I join you in mourning over your avatar?

I guess that should have been worded "you really have to wonder what a player WOULD think". But then again, like I said in my last post, I wish I had paid attention to TW's first response because I missed a good laugh.

I can't wait until the season starts. Then we can rip on the team for not pulling the trigger on that Peters-Mancari for Dustin Brown rumor that someone will come up with.

But anyway, can I join you in mourning over your avatar?

did you get that from a reliable source? Cause I'd run with it if I were you. By the way, did you take your meds today?

And yes, we all should mourn the senseless and careless destruction of such tasty libations!

did you get that from a reliable source? Cause I'd run with it if I were you. By the way, did you take your meds today?

And yes, we all should mourn the senseless and careless destruction of such tasty libations!

I'll be taking my meds later tonight when I hit the bar after my last hockey game of the summer season. It'll be the non-smashed in a parking lot (I'm guessing that's where the picture is from) variety, so you'd be proud.

I'll be taking my meds later tonight when I hit the bar after my last hockey game of the summer season. It'll be the non-smashed in a parking lot (I'm guessing that's where the picture is from) variety, so you'd be proud.

Yes, the tragedy struck in a parking lot...I don't like to talk about it...It is still too painful. I appreciate all of you well-wishers out there. With your support, my family and I will get thru this!

I had a great avitar before of a snow sculpture in the back of a pickup truck, but the religious right wing told me I had to take it down.

Yes, the tragedy struck in a parking lot...I don't like to talk about it...It is still too painful. I appreciate all of you well-wishers out there. With your support, my family and I will get thru this!

I had a great avitar before of a snow sculpture in the back of a pickup truck, but the religious right wing told me I had to take it down.

I can't tell what that is in the AV. Animal? Vegetable? Mineral? do we need a wheel of fortune to figure it out?

Archived