The AUD auction

spndnchz

Heard the date for the public auction of seats, etc will be public tommorow. Link when it comes up.

How much do we think a seat will go for? dasher board? do all items come with a hazmat team?

Don't know, don't care. I've already got my blue/gray seat. :thumbsup:

Although, I'd REALLY like to have the old scoreboard, but PROBABLY couldn't afford it. I'd actually prefer to have one of the circular team logos from the front when you 1st came in, but I've heard those were all stolen years ago.

I wonder if they still have all the out of town team placards that went into the out of town scoreboards. Those were pretty sweet as well. I wouldn't mind having the Habs and Nords from there as well. (Those might even be in my price range if the Sabres / City still have them.)

Heard the date for the public auction of seats, etc will be public tommorow. Link when it comes up.

How much do we think a seat will go for? dasher board? do all items come with a hazmat team?

I am interested in seeing how many seats go up for auction. In terms of anything else, unless they are auctioning off items that were put in storage after the Aud closed, I don't think there is much of anything left thanks to the city knuckleheads who couldn't secure the building properly and therefore the place has been ransacked over the years.

Ransacked and gang painted. true dat.

Plus, just this week burglars broke in and stole tools from the guys working there.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buff...ory/418830.html

FYI: I found that a blue seat sold for $350 recently.

The contractors that are taking out the seats were allowed to keep a few for themselves. Ebay should have m soon.

The contractors that are taking out the seats were allowed to keep a few for themselves. Ebay should have m soon.

I can only imagine what "a few" means. Anything less than AT LEAST 1000 seats for auction will only firm up my belief that this city can screw just about anything up.

When is the city going to make the announcement today? After 5PM when no one is listening? <_<

Can I ask a stupid question? Why not the oranges? There were more of them and being made of plastic, are probably in better shape than the blues.

"Public Works Commissioner Steven J. Stepniak said crews salvaged as much memorabilia as they possibly could."

translation... My guys took what they wanted, then we left the building unsecured so the looters could take what they want and vandalize the rest, then we let the contractors take some stuff and all we have left are some rickety old blue seats and graffiti covered dasher boards.

This guy should be fired ASAP!!!

Can I ask a stupid question? Why not the oranges? There were more of them and being made of plastic, are probably in better shape than the blues.

"Public Works Commissioner Steven J. Stepniak said crews salvaged as much memorabilia as they possibly could."

translation... My guys took what they wanted, then we left the building unsecured so the looters could take what they want and vandalize the rest, then we let the contractors take some stuff and all we have left are some rickety old blue seats and graffiti covered dasher boards.

I am not sure, but I thought I read that the way the oranges were constructed made them cost prohibitive to remove.

I am interested in seeing how many seats go up for auction. In terms of anything else, unless they are auctioning off items that were put in storage after the Aud closed, I don't think there is much of anything left thanks to the city knuckleheads who couldn't secure the building properly and therefore the place has been ransacked over the years.

from Buffalo News, see tom w link:

More than 1,700 "Blue Section" seats and 47 hockey dasher boards will be sold to the highest bidders at an auction that organizers say will be a lively community party.

Mayor Byron W. Brown and other city officials met with reporters outside the Aud today to discuss the time line. The city is requesting proposals from auction houses or other vendors to handle all facets of the sale, including an online auction to accommodate out-of-town bidders.

A company will be selected in three weeks, then will have 60 to 90 days to stage the auction. Brown said he expects the event to be held in late November or early December at a yet-to-be-determined location.

I'm not a pessimist but this 3 week timeline most likely will be 6 weeks and then it won't be able to be held until the spring because of the weather and while the items sit around the city will be hunted down by the redcoats at channel 2 for spending millions on storage and security.

Sometimes having a job pays off. If I was one of those workers, my basement would have 2 full rows of seats by now.

Taro or TomWeb(or any of the oldtimers)...

Wasn't there 2 levels of blues with the lower level being plastic and the upper level being wood? I don't recall either level was very big...5 to 10 rows each.

My seats were wooden blue. I thought there was another section with cushions but I am not sure.

My seats were wooden blue. I thought there was another section with cushions but I am not sure.

As were mine.

I want to say the 1st 2 rows of the blues between the blue lines were cushioned like the golds and reds, but don't remember for certain.

Actually, judging from this pic, some of the uppers were plastic - http://www.theaudclub.com/index.php?showimage=99 - at least behind the one net ...

Interesting pic. If that holds true around the entire bowl, I had it backwards. What I wouldn't have given for one last trip down memory lane before the demolition/asbestos removal started.

I don't remember anything but wooden blue seats. Once upon a time the Aud had grays, which were above the blues. Does anyone remember if they put plastic blues in to replace the grays when the roof was raised and the plastic oranges were added?

The grays were before my time, but they definitely got repainted to be blue.

According to a couple of websites I checked, the original colors of the seats were red, blue, and gray. I remember hearing that the lower section was brown, maybe the old 40's vintage seats faded / got cigarette tar coated and appeared brown?

I don't remember anything but wooden blue seats. Once upon a time the Aud had grays, which were above the blues. Does anyone remember if they put plastic blues in to replace the grays when the roof was raised and the plastic oranges were added?

This is where my mind is playing games with me. Before the roof was raided, I am pretty sure there were golds, reds and then wooden blues and wooden greys. After they raised the roof, I thought the oowden blues were replaced with the plastic blues and the greys were painted blue. At least in some sections(as the pics in earlier posts show), the plastic blues were higher than the wooden blues. I don't believe this was the case around the entire bowl.

This is where my mind is playing games with me. Before the roof was raided, I am pretty sure there were golds, reds and then wooden blues and wooden greys. After they raised the roof, I thought the oowden blues were replaced with the plastic blues and the greys were painted blue. At least in some sections(as the pics in earlier posts show), the plastic blues were higher than the wooden blues. I don't believe this was the case around the entire bowl.

Your memory is close to mine. I definately remember the wooden blues & grays before the roof was raised. Frankly, after the roof was raised I spent so much time in the oranges that I don't really recall what was under the overhang. My memory is that the grays were simply repainted wooden blues. Logically they may well have had to actually remove some(all) of the grays during the roof raising process and then those seats were replaced with plastic blues at the same time they were purchasing plastic oranges. Anyone else?

Your memory is close to mine. I definately remember the wooden blues & grays before the roof was raised. Frankly, after the roof was raised I spent so much time in the oranges that I don't really recall what was under the overhang. My memory is that the grays were simply repainted wooden blues. Logically they may well have had to actually remove some(all) of the grays during the roof raising process and then those seats were replaced with plastic blues at the same time they were purchasing plastic oranges. Anyone else?

The two blue seats I have were originally painted gray. Where some of the blue paint has chipped it leaves the gray paint underneath exposed. That was how I knew what I was buying was legit. There are a lot of weird things in the blue section in regards to seats. There were also a few wooden seats where they had legs that extended and were bolted to the floor and weren't attached to other seats. Plus you have some sections where the blues have rows that are plastic.

Archived