Why don't the Sabres make a move in the forward ranks with a cheap vet?

LabattBlue

We missed the playoffs with the "role" players on the 3rd and 4th lines, why not change some of the pieces? Mair, Peters, MacArthur, Kotalik, etc...

I really hate it when DR & LQ fall in love with the players on this team. You missed the playoffs with them, so how much worse can it be, if you shake up the forward ranks?

Connoly can't stay healthy. The writing is on the wall. Afinogenov is like a dog chasing his own tail all game, with the exception of one shift where he undresses a guy with a Pavel Bure and then slams into the end boards and crys for a penalty (with both hands out at his side; and then shruggs his shoulders). Paille is a 4th line roll player who better starting hitting more -- or he will be Dave Snugerud PART II. As a Canadian Junior, he was a hitting machine. What happened? Mair has nothing left. His spot should be filed with Mancari. Why? Because Mancari can win faceoffs and provide defense -- and police just as well as Mair. You need a large learch pivot to lean on opposition forwards. By the 3rd period -- it has an affect. That is why Guastad has value. He is like a bull in a fine china shop. Mancari should be in there. Mancari and Guastad are like poor-men Bobby Holiks. I like Mair, but his value is NILL. Kaleta must start. Peters to the box. Peters can't track anyone down.

I opt for Marty Lapoint. A cheap 80 + game guy who will go up and down the wing like he is on a track. He should be added along with Manny Malhotra. These are two vets add good presence and savvy. Cheap, good room guys.

We missed the playoffs with the "role" players on the 3rd and 4th lines, why not change some of the pieces? Mair, Peters, MacArthur, Kotalik, etc...

I really hate it when DR & LQ fall in love with the players on this team. You missed the playoffs with them, so how much worse can it be, if you shake up the forward ranks?

His spot should be filed with Mancari. Why? Because Mancari can win faceoffs and provide defense -- and police just as well as Mair. You need a large learch pivot to lean on opposition forwards. By the 3rd period -- it has an affect. That is why Guastad has value. He is like a bull in a fine china shop. Mancari should be in there. Mancari and Guastad are like poor-men Bobby Holiks.

Huh? Have you seen Mancari play...at all? His scouting report reads: North American version of Kotalik.

I thought Matt Cooke would have brought some much needed grit to this team. Signed for 1.2 with the pens yesterday which under the current marketplace is pretty reasonable for a vet.

I thought Matt Cooke would have brought some much needed grit to this team. Signed for 1.2 with the pens yesterday which under the current marketplace is pretty reasonable for a vet.

Agreed with ya, i think we missed the boat on that one. Although, not signing Cooke makes me think Regier has something up his sleeve. We are gonna add more toughness to this lineup. We just gotta. I know they will. lol

Agreed with ya, i think we missed the boat on that one. Although, not signing Cooke makes me think Regier has something up his sleeve. We are gonna add more toughness to this lineup. We just gotta. I know they will. lol

I hope your right. I've been saying that alot about DR lately. Hope is all we have at this point.

I think you're being too nice. NO WAY he even plays 101 career NHL games, let alone score 101 career goals.

You're right, I was being too nice. Kotalik has an asset that Mancari doesn't, skating. That's the difference between the NHL and the AHL.

Make a move that will help the team. Don't just make a move to make a move.

There aren't many players in the NHL that can headbutt somebody's fist as effectively as Peters. He has a unique skill.

Peters fighting skills have diminished the last couple of years. Now it is, turn my head away from my opponent, tug at his jersey hard enough to go round and round in circles and then because I'm such a clutz, take one swing and fall clumsily to the ice.

He sucks in every facet of the game including fighting. <_<

want an enforcer with some skill? go get andre roy. good shot, decent wheels. kept up with lecavalier and st. louis when given the chance to skate with them in tampa.

I'd take him over Petey in a heartbeat.

I hope your right. I've been saying that alot about DR lately. Hope is all we have at this point.

We also have Rivet, a true top 4, and maybe top pair, NHL defenseman who leads, hits, fights, sticks up for his teammates and is experienced. He's exactly what we needed.

Darcy knows what we need and has no interest in missing the playoffs again. He's going to add another piece or 2 when the time is right.

I'd take him over Petey in a heartbeat.

If he will play for the veteran minimum, and be willing to sit in the press box when not needed, lets do it. But thats the only way you will fit him on the roster without moving others, but if thats the case, your replacing 2 players to fit one, and will then still need 1 more to fill up the roster

Archived