Would you give a multi-year deal to Morrison to replace Connolly?

LabattBlue

Morrison...

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=PlayerDeta...mp;service=page

Trade Connolly for anything(pick or prospect) and use his salary to pay for Morrison. Even if he costs 4-5 mil, it's only 2 mil above and beyond Connolly.

PS As you can see Morrison did not miss a game in 6 seasons prior to last year. :thumbsup:

Morrison...

Trade Connolly for anything(pick or prospect) and use his salary to pay for Morrison. Even if he costs 4-5 mil, it's only 2 mil above and beyond Connolly.

PS As you can see Morrison did not miss a game in 6 seasons prior to last year. :thumbsup:

Coming off an ACL ...not a chance.

He's a quality center who can produce on a team that lacks offensive depth. Bring him on here and watch his numbers rise significantly.

Agreed (and welcome to the board.)

Even if we get just 50 games out of him, that's still better than what we got from TC in three of the last four seasons...

The frustrating thing about Connolly is he has the skill to be an amazing point per game center, he just can't stay healthy. He is probaly the most talented offensive player on the Sabres. His skill with the puck is second to none, and his offensive vision is just spectactular. The only knock on Connolly (other than his massive health insurance hit) is his unwillingness to shoot the damn puck and score. The man could be a bonafied sniper if he just shot the puck more often.

If he manages to stay healthy this entire season, you'd see him reach the 80 point plateau, and his stock would significantly rise. However, the Sabres would be foolish to sign him to any lengthy contract(too much injury related risk involved) at the end of the season. Best case scenario is he goes on a tear the first half of the season, and the Sabres could deal him at the deadline.

The frustrating thing about Connolly is he has the skill to be an amazing point per game center, he just can't stay healthy. He is probaly the most talented offensive player on the Sabres. His skill with the puck is second to none, and his offensive vision is just spectactular. The only knock on Connolly (other than his massive health insurance hit) is his unwillingness to shoot the damn puck and score. The man could be a bonafied sniper if he just shot the puck more often.

If he manages to stay healthy this entire season, you'd see him reach the 80 point plateau, and his stock would significantly rise. However, the Sabres would be foolish to sign him to any lengthy contract(too much injury related risk involved) at the end of the season. Best case scenario is he goes on a tear the first half of the season, and the Sabres could deal him at the deadline.

our local sherpa - x benedict - posited during the spring that connolly arguably has the most imagination/vision with the puck of any player in franchise history.** i tended to agree.

** a lot of people jumped in with sardonic posts to the effect of "maybe you've heard of a guy by the name of gilbert", but the rejoinder was equally good: a guy like 'bert was insanely athletic and had a way of just making people back up ... in contrast, connolly's an average athlete (for the league anyway) whose chief talents are seeing things that not many other players can see in real time and doing things with the puck in tight spaces that not many players can do.

I'd take Jeff Morrison from WGR over Connolly.

I might even take Jim Morrison over Connolly. :blink:

I'd be all for this. I like Timmy (always have), but the Sabres need to move on. Even when Tim was healthy, his play hasn't been the same....almost as if he gets too cute with the puck.

Depending on what you read and who you listen to, Connolly is not exactly a workout kind of guy and is never in great shape. I know this has nothing to do with the concussions but something to think about.

#%^$#!...I didn't realize he tore an ACL in March. He probably won't even play until 2009. :oops:

I don't believe it was a complete tear. All reports I have seen expect him to be ready by training camp which goes along with the original prognosis of four to six months.

Morrison...

In a word, yes. Morrison at $2-$2.5 million/year is more valuable than Connolly at $2.9 million/year cap hit. I think he can also be a good center for Hecht and Pominville. I'd do it for sure.

Connolly has tantalizing talent, but it's rarely been on display since he's been with the Buffalo Sabres.

Morrison...

I don't even know if you could get that, If they could get a conditional pick for him I'd say take it and run. Look at some of the players that were bought out or Waived, the market is not there for teams willing to make trades for guys like him and get anything in return.

Archived