Monday signings and transactions

darksabre

Actually Eklund says Sundin to go TO July 1 ... meaning he will NOT sign with Montreal before hitting the market ... now, he may have read this on TSN and put it up as (e5) ... but he was saying that he WOULD open up his services to the market, which is what the TSN story says.

Thanks for the correction. I was apparently as stupid as Ek when I read that.

Larry Quinn addressed it on WGR. It might still be in there audio vault. The report appeared in a Canadiam newspaper. In typical Larry fashion, he refuted the report and certain aspects of it but didn't go into too much detail.

I remember this also ... he dismissed it saying that the Sabres revenue has increased every year since the lockout so if they are trying to keep it down they are not doing a very good job, or something to that effect.

I can see other owners thinking this, given how low the Sabres ticket prices are ... I mean, they are just now hitting the pre-lockout levels. the question is could they raise the prices and still have a full building ... two years ago, obviously they could have ... but then the offseason sucked the life out of it.

Larry Quinn addressed it on WGR. It might still be in there audio vault. The report appeared in a Canadiam newspaper. In typical Larry fashion, he refuted the report and certain aspects of it but didn't go into too much detail.

Found it...

To me, the ticket prices probably ought to go up with the cap if the team is to stay competitive...

Found it...

To me, the ticket prices probably ought to go up with the cap if the team is to stay competitive...

As a fan I am thrilled to see that the Sabres make more if they make it in the playoffs and then they make more the farther they go..It should be that they break even if they dont make it and they make a boatload if they make the playoffs and the CUP..It rewards them if they put a good product on the ice and it hurts them if they dont..Its a perfect place for the Sabres in my mind..Thats the fan in me speaking..

Found it...

The real question amongst the higher revenue teams is whether Buffalo is purposely keeping revenues low in order to maximize their share of the revenue sharing cut. It is intriguing that the Sabre price increase mathced exactly the percentage of increase needed. They sure do know how to play the game when they need to.

I just realized I didn't respond to this. I agree with this, especially since the cap is unlikely to rise by the recent percentage increases.

Agreed. I'd be willing to pay 10 bucks more for a ticket if it meant we could always be making a profit, have good players, be able to extend/bring in good/big name players.

I try not to make statements about what fans should do as far as buying tickets because I am not in town to put my money where my mouth is ... I wish everyone agreed with you, ROC, but I think there is still a "He's a billionaire, why am I paying more?" faction out there.

Yea he is and i know they try to keep the prices low for everyone in Buffalo for a reason. But I remember hearing every say "I'm not renewing my season tickets cuz they lost briere and drury" (sorry to bring it up but a good amount of people did say it) and they still have those tickets. Almost all the teams in the league have owners that have more money than they know what to do with and they are willing to make the investment even if it does bite them in the a$$. Golisano is playing it safe so he doesn't lose anything no matter how bad/good the team does. If he would be willing to spend more, I feel most fans would be willing to pay more too. Not saying we jack the prices up 100 bucks like in Toronto or MSG but I have overpaid many times buying tickets off of EBay or some other website because I wanted to go the game and it was worth every penny (Game 5 against the rangers last year :thumbsup: ).

The real question amongst the higher revenue teams is whether Buffalo is purposely keeping revenues low in order to maximize their share of the revenue sharing cut. It is intriguing that the Sabre price increase mathced exactly the percentage of increase needed. They sure do know how to play the game when they need to.

Well they could cave to the desires of those other owners an raise the ticket prices an absurd amount. Then they would still receive that revenue sharing money.

Archived