Scratch Liles off the list

darksabre

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242041&lid...s=secStory_main

Scratch defenceman John-Michael Liles from the list of available free agents.

Sources tell TSN that Liles and the Colorado Avalanche have agreed to terms on a four-year contract worth an average of slightly more than $4 million per year.

Liles was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent on Tuesday. The deal is likely to be formally announced Monday.

The Zionsville, Indiana native scored six goals and 26 assists in 81 games last season. In 313 career games, the 28-year old Liles has 44 goals and 115 assists.

Oh well...

If Orpik is coming(which I'd say is 50-50 at best), I would expect a first day signing.

I do think he's coming (just hopeful, no inside knowledge) but i do think it will be a first day signing. It will show the league we mean business this summer.

So much for the theories that part of the reason he would end up in Buffalo was because he is "best buds" with Miller. :rolleyes:

Or does this confirm the Miller-to-Detroit rumors? You know, cause he's...err, um....from Michigan, I guess... :blink:

Liles Stays in Colorado

Scratch defencemen John-Michael Liles and Adam Foote from the list of available free agents.

Sources tell TSN that Liles and the Colorado Avalanche have agreed to terms on a four-year contract worth an average of slightly more than $4 million per year.

Malone Signs in Tampa

Ryan Malone has agreed to a seven year, $31.5 million contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Malone, who would have drawn considerable interest from around the NHL as an unrestricted free agent, will earn between $7 and $8 million in each of the first two years of the deal.

Rolsten in Tampa?

Rolsten is an Eck Rumor so buyer beware: Rolston Rights to Tampa? Rumours circulating that Tampa may have acquired the rights to Rolston

Since Melrose just inked Malone and probably Roberts, Eklund will assume they are going to sign til the cap and each day have a new player rumored to them. They need defense. Signing Rolston would be a huge mistake.

I don't think they would trade for Rolston if they were not going to sign him,

could this be an Eck Rumor that comes true?

Rolston's righs traded to Tampa is in fact NOT an Eklund Rumor. It was reported by TSN. It makes for a very interesting day. If the Sabres want to play with the big boys, they better make a deal for Marleau today.

With regard to Liles, as most of you know, this is disappointing news for me. Also, NOT an Eklund rumor but being reported also by TSN. I don't believe TSN has hired Eklund, so I'd presume these are both true.

The Sabres have lost out on 3 big key free agents, but we knew that would happen. I'm mostly surprised with Liles re-signing in Colorado and Rolston being traded to Tama. The new owners are proving to be very agressive. I'm hoping for a Brendan Morrison signing now.

Rolston's righs traded to Tampa is in fact NOT an Eklund Rumor. It was reported by TSN. It makes for a very interesting day. If the Sabres want to play with the big boys, they better make a deal for Marleau today.

With regard to Liles, as most of you know, this is disappointing news for me. Also, NOT an Eklund rumor but being reported also by TSN. I don't believe TSN has hired Eklund, so I'd presume these are both true.

The Sabres have lost out on 3 big key free agents, but we knew that would happen. I'm mostly surprised with Liles re-signing in Colorado and Rolston being traded to Tama. The new owners are proving to be very agressive. I'm hoping for a Brendan Morrison signing now.

Very interesting news on Liles if true..All I heard on this board for 4 months was how much the Sabres wouldve saved by letting Campbell go and signing Liles. Alls they had to do was give Campbell the Arbys special and they had him..Now Liles signs for 4 mill a yr and Campbell is gonna ring 6-7 mill..Freeagency is looking more and more like a bad divorce with lotsa kids..ITS CHEAPER TO KEEP HER....

Now mind u I would just rather not have been a player for Liles in the first place, I would just as much see them pick up a bigger tougher defensman than either Campbell or Liles however Its too hard to replace what you usually have...

Obviously There are some deals out there to be had and we will see real soon if Darcy can get them done..

Let's just hope Buffalo doesn't over pay Orpik just because they were left with their hands in their pockets when Tampa, Edmonton and others started reloading.

Also Vanek man, defense is about more then the six guys playing the blue line. If they sign Rolston (not a slam dunk) they will have the following lines;

Vinny, St. Louis, Prospal

Stamkos, Malone, Rolston

Halpern, Gratton and Jokinen

Plus guys like Gary Roberts for filling in and playing fourth line and providing veteran leadership, Alex Picard acquired for Prospal and a healthy Dan Boyle this team is already better defensively and they still have cap room to add a d-man.

Get that $50 ready...

Or does this confirm the Miller-to-Detroit rumors? You know, cause he's...err, um....from Michigan, I guess... :blink:

You are correct. In fact this rumor needs to be modified. If Miller ends up in Detroit, his "best bud" Liles will end up there too. :D

You are correct. In fact this rumor needs to be modified. If Miller ends up in Detroit, his "best bud" Liles will end up there too. :D

Bingo. :thumbsup:

And according to Eklund they want Enroth as well. Kind of the whole "yellow dog" debate in Funny Farm:

"We want it all - we even want the dog."

"Yellow dog? You want yellow dog?!?"

Maybe Miller never signs with the Sabres and ends up in Colorado... I could see that happening, the Avs are not married to anyone in goal ...

Didn't look at that angle. If the "best bud" can't be brought to Miller, take Miller to him! :lol:

Maybe Miller never signs with the Sabres and ends up in Colorado... I could see that happening, the Avs are not married to anyone in goal ...

Perhaps then the Avs would send bothLiles and Miller to detroit?

Archived