Maurice out in Toronto

BetweenThePipes00

In my opinion, to be perfectly honest, good for Maurice. He was in an absolutely terrible situation. He's a good coach and deserves a better fate, and coaching in Toronto under that type of a microscope with young players and highly overpaid vets that won't listen to a word you say and all of whom have no trade/movement clauses so you are stuck with them is just something that sets you up for disaster. Maurice still gets paid for the last year of his contract and will probably find another place to coach because he's a pretty decent coach and can do great things with young players given how the kids have developed in Toronto and given how well he did in Carolina. I, honestly, think Maurice is better off without Toronto.

The least of the problems in Toronto are goaltending and coaching

Isn't that the God's honest truth?!

This is just another example that points to the chaos and disarray that appears to be commonplace with the Ryan Leafs front office and organization.

I'm sure that some coach who's looking to break into the Bigs might jump at this opportunity. However, any veteran coach would probably pass it up in order to keep their sanity as well as their reputation and integrity.

In my opinion, to be perfectly honest, good for Maurice. He was in an absolutely terrible situation. He's a good coach and deserves a better fate, and coaching in Toronto under that type of a microscope with young players and highly overpaid vets that won't listen to a word you say and all of whom have no trade/movement clauses so you are stuck with them is just something that sets you up for disaster. Maurice still gets paid for the last year of his contract and will probably find another place to coach because he's a pretty decent coach and can do great things with young players given how the kids have developed in Toronto and given how well he did in Carolina. I, honestly, think Maurice is better off without Toronto.

With you there. But once JFJr was out, there was not a question that they would make a coaching move.

• 1 month later...
That sounds like a step in the right direction to me, and since it's likely a positive for the Leafs, I am mad as hell!

I was talking to a friend of mine who's a Leafs fan about Wilson and how he has had alot of talent in SJ (especially this year) and he just can't seem to win in the playoffs, and my friends response was that atleast making the playoffs would be a step up right now.

Tucker has pretty much told the Leafs I will not except a trade, buy me out or play me. Sundin still isn't sure on his future, plenty of other overpaid vets that have no-trade clauses, they are going to need alot more then just hiring wilson to get out of the basement

Archived