Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Philly at Montreal, game 5 (Philly leads 3-1) 7 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

The parents are in town, so I couldn't start the GDT until now.

1-0 Montreal, PPG. Nice start by the Habs.

GOLF HABS GOLF

I never understood this from Buffalo fans. I know, it's the Canadiens. BUT IT'S THE FREAKING PHLYERS! They're the natural enemy of all that is good and wholesome, no matter who is taking their faceoffs or tending their nets.

I never understood this from Buffalo fans. I know, it's the Canadiens. BUT IT'S THE FREAKING PHLYERS! They're the natural enemy of all that is good and wholesome, no matter who is taking their faceoffs or tending their nets.

But, but, but...they have DANNY! And Marty!

:thumbdown:

Gainey gambled with Price and lost.

The advantage of a rookie goaltender is there is no book.

But once there is a book. It can get ugly.

Gainey has to be thinking to himself, how did I miss that high glove thing?

The young guys on the Flyers really stepped up as well..

I harbor no ill will towards Marty Biron. He's one of the more fun personalities in the NHL. The rest of them? Meh. While I'd rather give myself a home-vasectomy than root for the Flyers, I can't stand the Habs, or at least their fans. It was fun to watch the Bell Center go dead quiet on the GWG.

Gainey gambled with Price and lost.

The advantage of a rookie goaltender is there is no book.

But once there is a book. It can get ugly.

Gainey has to be thinking to himself, how did I miss that high glove thing?

The young guys on the Flyers really stepped up as well..

I can't imagine what it would have been like to be 20 years old playing in the NHL. Wow. And being the center of attention at that. Once they got one thing on the kid he fell apart. Some of those goals were pretty aweful, Umburger's sort of rap-around and Hartnell's long shot.

The Flyers are a fun team to watch, all those young guys, the enthusiam. I like that Pittsburg team, too. Don't know which side I'll want to win a series between them, though its nice to see the Ranger's getting beat.

And I'm happy for both Marty and Danny. And I don't care who knows... :D

I can't imagine what it would have been like to be 20 years old playing in the NHL. Wow. And being the center of attention at that. Once they got one thing on the kid he fell apart. Some of those goals were pretty aweful, Umburger's sort of rap-around and Hartnell's long shot.

The Flyers are a fun team to watch, all those young guys, the enthusiam. I like that Pittsburg team, too. Don't know which side I'll want to win a series between them, though its nice to see the Ranger's getting beat.

And I'm happy for both Marty and Danny. And I don't care who knows... :D

Does anybody know when the league added the "clarification" to the rule about handling the puck that makes it legal to have the puck deflect off a glove into the net?

It was added sometime between '02 and '06.

The puck definitely deflected off Richards' glove.

I think Umberger needs to be drug tested immediately. That's not natural what's going on with that kid. He singlehandedly blistered the Habs...

That whole sequence on his second goal was impressive. He gets decleated, or deskated, gets up, skates to the back of the net, gets the puck and somehow wraps it around and past the skate of Price.

I haven't read, but presume he was series MVP. If he wasn't there are no hockey gods.. Marty a close second, Briere third...

A I stated previously, as much as I hate to say it, I was pulling for the Flyers. Ole Ole Ole Ole... :D Hey Montreal fans, how does it feel to have two local natives come back home and stick it to you. :o

That being said, I hope Pittsburgh now sweeps them in 4 games. B-)

Archived