OT. 80 degrees in Buffalo!

deluca67

Perhaps not a frosty mug of beer, but after 10 or so I'll fight the toilet if it acts up.

In the future when I hear the MC Sheriff go flying by my house headed east with lights and sirens blaring, I bet I'll have a good idea where he is going. :unsure:

Might be 80 degrees but the number one asset to the area (the waterfront) is still probably a month away from being ready to really accept navigation and other interests. Really the only drawback to the area is that it has such a damn short boating season! Heck other places in the north get 2 to 4 months more...

Oh well... It is nice to enjoy!

:thumbsup:

Might be 80 degrees but the number one asset to the area (the waterfront) is still probably a month away from being ready to really accept navigation and other interests. Really the only drawback to the area is that it has such a damn short boating season! Heck other places in the north get 2 to 4 months more...

The ice boom was just removed, but I bet the Niagara River is still extra chunky style. Cycling season on the other hand: :thumbsup:.

It's already too hot for me. I truly am a Northerner.

And I agree about the waterfront. I was down there recently and although they are doing some things (e.g., they have a decent little setup about the history of the canal district), other things like the museum and the outer harbor are either not completed or not even started.

It's already too hot for me. I truly am a Northerner.

And I agree about the waterfront. I was down there recently and although they are doing some things (e.g., they have a decent little setup about the history of the canal district), other things like the museum and the outer harbor are either not completed or not even started.

Exactly... The Canal District will be a good start... I was just commenting on the weather... Many times it isn't till May that the ice boom is removed from the river... Heck, here in Chicago (cold northern climate with even harsher lower temps in the winter), boating season has been in full force for sometime... Heck, many years you can get through from February to December...

IMO, BFLO number one asset is really stymied by the spring shift of one month... And by the time you get the late fall shift, it is already too late...

Oh, well...

I think I'm gonna drop her in the Potomac on Thursday since I have no hockey to play that evening (damn figure skating show!). It's supposed to 82 degrees and the water, right now, is 62 degrees. Just a test run, mind you. :nana:

post-24-1208806283_thumbjpg

post-24-1208806320_thumbjpg

At least no one brought up "global warming" for the recent warm spell, aside from me of course, who for some reason is bringing it up right now while at the same time making a backhanded insult to anyone else who would consider bringing it up in this thread.

Fixed. :wallbash:

At least no one brought up "global warming" for the recent warm spell.

Temperature swings do happen.

Now wait and watch for a freeze warning in the middle of May. ;)

Global Warming in Buffalo? :doh: ..........Cheapest beachfront property on the planet is all I have to say about that.

I think it is fair to say the temperature swings bring on mood swings as well on this board :nana:

I think I'm gonna drop her in the Potomac on Thursday since I have no hockey to play that evening (damn figure skating show!). It's supposed to 82 degrees and the water, right now, is 62 degrees. Just a test run, mind you. :nana:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just getting back to work today after a few off!

Trailer that little beauty up here and take it around!...

Archived