Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Good grief Nashville ahead of wings with three minutes remaining 4 - 3

Nashville win 5 - 3

What the heck happened there? I checked the game, it was 3-2 Detroit, I come back in from walking the dog and it's 5-3 Nashville? :blink:

What the heck happened there? I checked the game, it was 3-2 Detroit, I come back in from walking the dog and it's 5-3 Nashville? :blink:

According to the VS announcers, it was the fastest in playoff history that a team has gone from trailing to leading in the third period: less than 10 seconds!

I didn't watch much of the early games tonight - was too busy watching my summer team pick up where the Sabres left off (as ink would put it - kicking me in the groin - Borowski blows a save against the the BoSox and the Tribe loses <_<) but I was shocked to see what happened in Nashville.

To all those saying that we should bring in John-Michael Liles as a PP QB, the only way I would consider it would be if nobody was allowed to call him by his full name. Hearing the same three-part name over and over again really grates on me. If RJ agrees to only call him "Liles" (unless its for a creative goal call), then maybe it would be OK, but you know HN would bring up every pointless stat about him just say his full name.

But I digress ...

I didn't watch much of the early games tonight - was too busy watching my summer team pick up where the Sabres left off (as ink would put it - kicking me in the groin - Borowski blows a save against the the BoSox and the Tribe loses <_<) but I was shocked to see what happened in Nashville.

I was flipping between the games. Couldn't believe what happened in Cleveland, leaving right where they left of in the ALCS. Funny thing is while I was watching this unfold I was wondering, how's Bmwolf feeling right now?

Avs up 1-0 after 2. Fast paced game, Avs powerplay looks likes Buffalo's powerplay from last year's playoffs though. <_<

I was flipping between the games. Couldn't believe what happened in Cleveland, leaving right where they left of in the ALCS. Funny thing is while I was watching this unfold I was wondering, how's Bmwolf feeling right now?

Avs up 1-0 after 2. Fast paced game Avs powerplay looks likes Buffalo's though. <_<

:lol:

Disgusted. Absolutely disgusted. Borowski has got to go. He's throwing BP fastballs and tossing them right over the heart of the plate.

I lurk on an Indians message board and it went from full meltdown mode to stunned silence. Kind of like it was around here as our playoff hopes faded... :ph34r:

Watched the mid-second and all third of Pittsburgh game last night. Notice I didn't say the Ottawa game.. I think it is pretty clear that the wheels are off the Ottawa bus and the transmission fell off too. They had no intensity, no speed, no skill and no character. They played like a beaten and demoralized team. Either that, or MAF is the second coming of Roy. He was stout in goal. Pittsburgh is getting their revenge. Can Murray fire himself?

(as ink would put it - kicking me in the groin - Borowski blows a save against the the BoSox and the Tribe loses <_<)

As an Indians fan, how on Earth do you handle having Borowski as your closer? He absolutely grooved that pitch to Manny.

...I think it is pretty clear that the wheels are off the Ottawa bus and the transmission fell off too. They had no intensity, no speed, no skill and no character. They played like a beaten and demoralized team. Either that, or MAF is the second coming of Roy...

Nah, I think they just watched their

and were too embarrassed to show themselves on the ice.

As an Indians fan, how on Earth do you handle having Borowski as your closer? He absolutely grooved that pitch to Manny.

Lots and lots of antacids.

Even though he saved 44/53 last year, he was still scary as hell to watch. This year he's even worse - according to reports he's lost 5-7 MPH off his already pedestrian fastball and cannot seem to locate his pitches at all. Plus, throwing an 83 MPH fastball really doesn't help set up your 83 MPH slider...

This is always what you want to hear your closer say:

"I had nothing," said Borowski. "I was stuck in one gear."

Ramirez seemed stunned by the pitch Borowski threw him.

"It seemed like a fastball," he said. "It was something like 80 mph. Maybe it was change-up. It was right there."

Somebody please tell my why Joe-fuggin-Borowski is still in the major leagues? What a joke!

i actually thought that arnott was going to wind up injured when he got plowed into the boards following goal 4 - he struggled to get back to the bench - maybe just had the wind knocked out of him.

I wasn't sure what happened there. I was wondering if it wasn't a notorious celebration injury. :D

Cherry says: Kids love your stick.

The funny part of that whole thing was when Ron MacLean said he goes to bed with his Sherwood every night. Then Cherry said " I'm not touching that one".

Then after the game, MacLean set a stick in front of Cherry, and Cherry asked if it was the stick he takes to bed with him... :unsure:

Nah, I think they just watched their
and were too embarrassed to show themselves on the ice.

holy smokes.

not only does it score super high on the -meter ("not that there's anything wrong with that" ... just that i don't think that's what they were going for (or were they?)), but it makes the "better days" effort look like a winner of the juno for "nhl pre-game production" (that's no slam on "better days" -- i thought it was good work).

The tests came back positive, he sucks.

Ooh, they've found the reason why he sucks - a "strained triceps." <_<

Color me unimpressed with that diagnosis. I played baseball into college and had a couple times where my poor throwing mechanics resulted in arm strains and muscle fatigue - you know something is wrong right away. You don't go out there and try to fight through it and then act dumbfounded when you get shelled.

Archived