Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Might as well get this started early...

Pittsburgh at Ottawa, Game 3 (Pittsburgh leads 2-0) 7 p.m. ET - Preview

Detroit at Nashville, Game 3 (Detroit leads 2-0) 7:30 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

Minnesota at Colorado, Game 3 (Series tied 1-1) 10 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

NHL Scoreboard

I didn't see Radulov's disallowed goal, but the chirping from Nashville seems to recall the standard NHL arrogance when a "mistake" appears to have been made.

The Preds have been doing a lot of chirping about the officiating for both games, but they also need to look at themselves for the reasons why they are down 2-0 - Arnott and Dumont haven't registered a point yet.

On The Fan 590 , Murray has said the Spezza will play and Daniel Alfredsson may as well. Its obvious they must win tonight to have a hint of a prayer. I think Ottawa will win tonight.

With the great games of the NHL playoffs its hard to see why the NHL playoffs cannot be marketed throughout U.S in a final four like month long spectacle . Nothing to rival the intensity. It you are a sports fan you got to love it.

I didn't see Radulov's disallowed goal, but the chirping from Nashville seems to recall the standard NHL arrogance when a "mistake" appears to have been made.

The Preds have been doing a lot of chirping about the officiating for both games, but they also need to look at themselves for the reasons why they are down 2-0 - Arnott and Dumont haven't registered a point yet.

The puck was in before the net came off. Replay seemed pretty clear to me.

On The Fan 590 , Murray has said the Spezza will play and Daniel Alfredsson may as well. Its obvious they must win tonight to have a hint of a prayer. I think Ottawa will win tonight.

With the great games of the NHL playoffs its hard to see why the NHL playoffs cannot be marketed throughout U.S in a final four like month long spectacle . Nothing to rival the intensity. It you are a sports fan you got to love it.

Basically at this point a hobbled Alfredsson is better than 9-10 of their forwards anyway so they might as well throw him in there. I find it especially pleasing that they can't blame anything on the goaltending thus far.

Anyone watching the playoffs , but still not knowing who to root for? I am enjoying the games immensely, but my teams have always been Leafs or Sabres, the rest the enemy At this point in playoffs can't find a team to root for, maybe Calgary somewhat , but don't see them as contenders . It seems one night I am rooting for a given team , the next night against them, it based on the flow of play. At this point just wanting to see great games , seeing the many great players. Different to watch without a favorite team.

Agreed. I think it's absolute horsecrap that there was no review on that play. Horsecrap I tell ya!

I understand the whole time delay thing, but my problem with their argument about the ref deciding the play is dead, but hasn't quite blown the whistle if this:

-If the ref loses sight of the puck, blows the whistle before a goal is scored and then realizes he was wrong, you can't reverse that decision because the whistle blowing signals a stop in play and you don't want refs assessing whether or not players had stopped playing.

-However, in a case where he believes the puck is frozen because he loses sight of it, decides to blow the whistle and then a goal is scored prior to him actually blowing the whistle, he should be able to reverse it. The players did not receive a signal to stop, so they continued to play. If there was a mistake made in the refs' mind, it did not affect game play, so correct it.

In this second case (which is what they had), tell Toronto that you (the ref) had determined that the play was frozen and were going to blow it dead. Then, have them look at it to determine if (a) it was definitely not frozen (since you would be overturning the ref's initial decision), (b) it was a goal and © that it was scored before the whistle. If all three are true, it's a goal. If (a) is violated, then the ref's intention to blow the whistle is upheld. Otherwise, check (b) and © as usual.

Anyone watching the playoffs , but still not knowing who to root for? I am enjoying the games immensely, but my teams have always been Leafs or Sabres, the rest the enemy At this point in playoffs can't find a team to root for, maybe Calgary somewhat , but don't see them as contenders . It seems one night I am rooting for a given team , the next night against them, it based on the flow of play. At this point just wanting to see great games , seeing the many great players. Different to watch without a favorite team.

And surprisingly refreshing, in a weird way.

Obviously I hope the Flyers and Sens fall flat on their faces like always, but other than that I'm just watching to see some killer hockey, with no emotions invested in the games whatsoever.

Nice feeling, yet I'd take having the Sabres play any day, obviously.

Only 10 minutes to go before the World sees the new improved Ottawa Senators. Word on the street is Coach Murray being at a loss for how to motivate his men made a call to former Bills Coach Mulurkey asking for expert advice on his dilemma. As a result the Ottawa Senators as a group took a long walk along the Rideau Canal where they sang koom by ya holding hands together afterwards each enjoying a big , huge Cheeseburger. Do not be surprised, Ottawa will take names and kick behinds tonight. <_<

Only 10 minutes to go before the World sees the new improved Ottawa Senators. Word on the street is Coach Murray being at a loss for how to motivate his men made a call to former Bills Coach Mulurkey asking for expert advice on his dilemma. As a result the Ottawa Senators as a group took a long walk along the Rideau Canal where they sang koom by ya holding hands together afterwards each enjoying a big , huge Cheeseburger. Do not be surprised, Ottawa will take names and kick behinds tonight. <_<

The cheeseburger is a one time trick. Only works once per coach per team. :lol:

Word on the street is Coach Murray being at a loss for how to motivate his men made a call to former Bills Coach Mulurkey asking for expert advice on his dilemma.

Hahaha...I think one way Murray can get them focused is if he doesn't speak. Because everytime that guy talks I just want to laugh.

The Cheeseburger eating rules clearly state that its one for each sporting city. Good God look at the weirdo in the Trojan suit, yikes :lol: They all must be drunk already.

The cheeseburger is a one time trick. Only works once per coach per team. :lol:

The Cheeseburger eating rules clearly state that its one for each sporting city. Good God look at the weirdo in the Trojan suit, yikes :lol: They all must be drunk already.

I can't believe that thing. :lol: Not only is it not a Senator or a Legionnaire it is a Greek Hoplite.

The Ottawa Hoplites will never Surrender!!!!!!! :lol:

I almost peed. :lol:

Didn't really have much to say of consequence regarding Avery. I get the notion that young folks should take care of their sticks , they cost a great deal of money. Ever watch the great players they take a great deal of time with their sticks . Orr used to come in a one oclock in the afternoon, to tap his game sticks. Grapes sounded goofy in how he said it , but he is right.

Cherry says: Kids love your stick.

Didn't really have much to say of consequence regarding Avery. I get the notion that young folks should take care of their sticks , they cost a great deal of money. Ever watch the great players they take a great deal of time with their sticks . Orr used to come in a one oclock in the afternoon, to tap his game sticks. Grapes sounded goofy in how he said it , but he is right.

He calls Avery a jerk. Not much there. I half expected him to take something more contraversial.

Really nothing of substance. Disappointed .

Something how Ottawa scored first and then did not build on momentum . Pittsburgh looking good now.

He calls Avery a jerk. Not much there. I half expected him to take something more contraversial.

Archived