BC/ND

Strow

Gerbe is really selling himself to Darcy - 33 goals on the season, 4 in the NCAA playoffs and a Hobey Baker finalist.

It's looking like he's more ready, but time will tell......

Gerbe's physical stature alone is enough for Darcy.

Not meant as a rant on Gerbe, he looks to be extremely gifted.

And thinking about it again, it's not even that our current team lacks size. Well, only in the "sack department" anyway.

Gerbe's physical stature alone is enough for Darcy.

Not meant as a rant on Gerbe, he looks to be extremely gifted.

And thinking about it again, it's not even that our current team lacks size. Well, only in the "sack department" anyway.

Regardless of his size, I think he's the playmaker we could use right now. If Gerbe signs this year, Max and/or Connolly might have to be a bit concerned about their future.

Regardless of his size, I think he's the playmaker we could use right now. If Gerbe signs this year, Max and/or Connolly might have to be a bit concerned about their future.

He's going to have at least one year of AHL duty in his future.

Gerbe is really selling himself to Darcy - 33 goals on the season, 4 in the NCAA playoffs and a Hobey Baker finalist.

It's looking like he's more ready, but time will tell......

if the Sabres dont sign the Hobey Baker winner to something, i think it would be a dumb move. (As long as the NHL is Gerbe's intention)

You really cannot deny his accomplishments to this point, but everyone will want to see what the potential is at the next level. While I was watching the game yesterday, if you didnt know how small he was, his stats & presence were all over the place.

Cant imagine Gerbe posting up on Chara in the net :lol: he will draw the penalties for sure (Derek Roy Jr.)

I didnt know you could stop like that on a penalty shot..NIce move though....

Technically, I don't think you can, but I guess the ref was just as impressed as the crowd.

As far as I can see, both player and puck comes to a stop. If I'm not much mistaken, neither is allowed? Perhaps someone can clarify?

Having Max worried wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Well, to be honest it would, since it would mean he's still here come October.

Man, Gerbe's small. I always knew he was a small player, but when you see that penalty shot, man he looks like a 6th grader. He looks pee wee small. I'll take it if he can play and score, which clearly he can, but man he's really small. I always knew he was small, but I never realized how small he actually was until I saw that penalty shot with just him and the goalie. I don't think you notice how small he is when everyone's on the ice, but man just one-on-one he's tiny.

Man, Gerbe's small. I always knew he was a small player, but when you see that penalty shot, man he looks like a 6th grader. He looks pee wee small. I'll take it if he can play and score, which clearly he can, but man he's really small. I always knew he was small, but I never realized how small he actually was until I saw that penalty shot with just him and the goalie. I don't think you notice how small he is when everyone's on the ice, but man just one-on-one he's tiny.

So, do you think he is small? I just can't quite grasp what you are saying.

Having Max worried wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Well, to be honest it would, since it would mean he's still here come October.

That's the whole point....maybe a little pressure on him to perform would be a good thing. If he can see his replacement in the organization, might it motivate him a tad?

As far as I know, the Sabres don't have the rights to Kevin Porter.

Phoenix does as well as about 3 other Michigan players. And yes Gerbe won't win the Hobey because of what ever he did early this season.

Regarding his size he is a tiny one but we have seen a few small guys make it ook in the NHL St. Louis comes to mind here. I had never seen him play before yesterday but he just took over the game and was all over. Had one of the best goals Ive seen in a while when he went behind the net came out front and just pin pointed the upper part of the net. He will need a year in the AHL at least with guys that use the body a lot more than the weak D in the college level, more stick play, college than playing the body. Also I think year two his will be called up and never sent down and be mini Derek Roy like someone said before.

Archived