Upgrade is semi-complete...

SDS

I have upgraded the board to latest and most secure version of IPB. However, there is much work to do on the skin as there is a lot of orange in many graphics that need to be converted.

Please let your opinions be known on the user interface. Place them in this thread. Suggest improvements in the colors, layout, organization, etc... and we will try to accommodate you!

I have upgraded the board to latest and most secure version of IPB. However, there is much work to do on the skin as there is a lot of orange in many graphics that need to be converted.

Please let your opinions be known on the user interface. Place them in this thread. Suggest improvements in the colors, layout, organization, etc... and we will try to accommodate you!

Its Sexy.

BTW, does this mean that we can have a unified user database with TSW?

Its Sexy.

BTW, does this mean that we can have a unified user database with TSW?

It doesn't look like it. :(

when they announced this "feature" last summer there were few details and a lot of assumptions. Basically what can be done is that "logins" can be shared, but not "user data". I was hoping for a unified PM system.

I do have a request for some custom code to be written and see if it is feasible, but I'm not holding my breath.

suggestion...Next to the Aud Club you have the ugly goats head. I think it would probably be more appropriate to have the "real" Sabres crest. Thanks for all the work.. ;)

suggestion...Next to the Aud Club you have the ugly goats head. I think it would probably be more appropriate to have the "real" Sabres crest. Thanks for all the work.. ;)

I don't think I have control over that on a forum by forum basis...

Look for a snazzy B/G skin coming soon!

What does shared log-in mean? Can I log in on TBD with my user name here?

in theory yes... but that direction is more complicated. I haven't worked out the details yet.

This board is "newer" than TBD and has more features. I believe I should be able to easily set it up so that TBD members could login here with their TBD login/password. However, to go the other direction would require me to upgrade that board also. Make sense?

Basically, the fancy login stuff is in the code here at TSR and not over there.

Scott,

Question for you. When I click on either the "last post" or the "read next new" icon, I end up at the top of the page that they are on. Is this an issue with my settings/computer or is it something that needs to be addressed on your end? Please let me know.

Thanks for moving us into the 21st century. By the way, I really liked the way the B/G skin looked on the "old" board and am looking forward to seeing what you come up with on that one. Keep up the good work.

so, when are you going to upgrade TBD? So far, this board is great. I love the rich text editor.

what I think is cool is the "edit" function... try a "quick edit".

Scott,

Question for you. When I click on either the "last post" or the "read next new" icon, I end up at the top of the page that they are on. Is this an issue with my settings/computer or is it something that needs to be addressed on your end? Please let me know.

Thanks for moving us into the 21st century. By the way, I really liked the way the B/G skin looked on the "old" board and am looking forward to seeing what you come up with on that one. Keep up the good work.

It's working for me on Firefox for MacOS 10.4.4. I can't imagine what that would be.

Also, note that this is my 3rd separate post in a row in this thread, yet the board is smart enough to combine them into one post!

I think I know the answer to this, but am I going to have to live with the fact that this page no longer fits on my screen? I have to scroll to see the right side of the page.

Also, it's probably just my old crappy browser, but the "quote" button is way over to the right, on an otherwise blank part of the screen. I've noticed this on other sites recently.

I think I know the answer to this, but am I going to have to live with the fact that this page no longer fits on my screen? I have to scroll to see the right side of the page.

Also, it's probably just my old crappy browser, but the "quote" button is way over to the right, on an otherwise blank part of the screen. I've noticed this on other sites recently.

what resolution is your monitor? 800x600?

We'll make sure we have a version of the skin to fit that. Which crappy old browser are you using? Could you send a screen shot?

What if you changed the skin to the "default"? (bottom left) Does that fix anything?

BTW, it is the header graphic that makes things "wide". If we shorten that up a little, we should be good.

Yes, I had it set on 800 x 600. Now it's 1024 x 768, which helps, although elements of the page are still way off to the right by themselves. When I select the default skin, the skin doesn't change, even when I refresh the page. (The Fast Reply button also doesn't work for me.)

I use Internet Explorer for Mac 5.0. Stop laughing. :)

Yes, I had it set on 800 x 600. Now it's 1024 x 768, which helps, although elements of the page are still way off to the right by themselves. When I select the default skin, the skin doesn't change, even when I refresh the page. (The Fast Reply button also doesn't work for me.)

I use Internet Explorer for Mac 5.0. Stop laughing. :)

I tried 5.2 and I see what you are talking about. I'll see if there is an IE fix for this. It's because of the way IE 5.0 reads css.

I can manually set your skin to use the default and we'll see if that is any better. Or you could go to http://www.invsionboard.com and see if you still have problems there (w/o me changing your skin).

Is there a reason why you don't try firefox?

Archived