How does the keeping Miller over Biron plan look now

Claude Balls

So just over one year later where are all the Miller bashers saying DR was a jackass to keep Miller and let Biron go. "We should have kept Biron, he's better than Miller, Rieger is an idiot". Have any of you seen Biron play in the most important games of his career up to this point? He has let that team down and has been anything but good lately. He has let in some of the worst goals I have seen. Yeah yeah, I know his team isn't helping much, but he is down right terrible right now. I give two thumbs up to Darcy on that move. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Of course I agreed with it at the time too.

edit: damn emoticons

It would have been great to keep Marty as a back-up since he was decent in goal, especially when he wasn't playing night in and night out, and a great personality on the bench. Unfortunately, he wasn't paid like a back-up and didn't want to spend his career as one. It was the right decision to let him go as Miller is a better #1 goaltender. We will have to drop a pretty penny to keep Miller after next season and we can't afford to tie up another $2-3 Million on a back-up.

Actually quite a few someone's did. Weren't you here last year for the playoffs when the Biron supporters were in full bloom?

I know there are people who question where Miller ranks among NHL goalies, but I don't remember anyone who wanted to keep Biron and get rid of Miller.

I don't either.

They were here. Sorry I don't have names, as my brain took a beating over my younger years, but being a huge Miller supporter, I remember defending him quite a bit. It's Sabrespace, the negators are always here. There's at least one in every crowd. Of course, none of them would come out and admit it now.

They were here. Sorry I don't have names, as my brain took a beating over my younger years, but being a huge Miller supporter, I remember defending him quite a bit. It's Sabrespace, the negators are always here. There's at least one in every crowd. Of course, none of them would come out and admit it now.

I was here but I remember the argument was about trading him vs keeping him..I wanted to deal him for a tough d man and others said we needed a backup goalie..As it was for what we got we shoulda kept him and worked out a longterm contract with him..

You sure you aren't mistaken it for the Sabres board on their official site? There was someone there who had in almost every one of his posts how Biron was the better goalie, he was dispised by everyone there until he had some personnal issues, then people started to care about him and put the goalie differences aside.

I was deffinately here but don't recall anyone wanting to keep Biron over Miller here. However, I do recall over at the sucky sabres.com forum there were a few, one in particular named mdbowler was really upset over it. He also believed bowling was a legitimate sport and felt bowlers were better athletes than hockey players and far more approachable than any other athletes, so his opinon really goes without saying... :rolleyes:

I was here but I remember the argument was about trading him vs keeping him..I wanted to deal him for a tough d man and others said we needed a backup goalie..As it was for what we got we shoulda kept him and worked out a longterm contract with him..

Remember this clown

Meet me at the zoo

What has Miller proven? You trade away Biron and Miller will turn into a flop. Look at Defoe in Boston, one season wonder

I was deffinately here but don't recall anyone wanting to keep Biron over Miller here. However, I do recall over at the sucky sabres.com forum there were a few, one in particular named mdbowler was really upset over it. He also believed bowling was a legitimate sport and felt bowlers were better athletes than hockey players and far more approachable than any other athletes, so his opinon really goes without saying... :rolleyes:

thats the guy I was talking about, Bowler!

Everyone thought he was an idiot until he started going on about something bad happening in his real life, and then everyone felt sympathy for him and laid off of him

thats the guy I was talking about, Bowler!

Everyone thought he was an idiot until he started going on about something bad happening in his real life, and then everyone felt sympathy for him and laid off of him

Is that all you have to do get sympathy around here!!! I thought you guys would feel for me being mentally handicapped the way I defended Campbell , all that got me was higher blood pressure and no sympathy

Is that all you have to do get sympathy around here!!! I thought you guys would feel for me being mentally handicapped the way I defended Campbell , all that got me was higher blood pressure and no sympathy

that was the other Sabres.com board, not here

Around here all you need to do is pull a 180 on your opinions of the management and team, and make some 5 for $25 jokes

This is from RVJ last year on this board. I knew I wasn't crazy.

I will probably get bashed ,but I'm sick of the announcers faulting the players for breakdowns or mistakes. And Ryan Miller always gets a free pass. To me he is very average and was the reason for todays loss. He made some great saves but he was not screened on some of the goals he should have stopped. If he is average in the playoffs and we need a spark. I hope Lindy has the guts to make a change. Kind of like what Laviolette did with Gerber and Ward in the playoffs.

I may be crazy but I wanted Biron over Miller.

There are a couple others that are not fans of miller and feel he should be blamed for them not being as good this year

I'm sticking to my reasoning that it's the pucks they are using this year. They don't quite fit into the Sabres style of play. <_<

I know there are people who question where Miller ranks among NHL goalies, but I don't remember anyone who wanted to keep Biron and get rid of Miller.

I wanted to lock them both in a room and hammer it out under they both decided it was in the best interest of the SABRES that they platoon them... :blush: :blush:

So what? What is so big about being number one?

Would be nice to have both! I do understand money was a restriction though and Marty was Danny's best bud... I wonder how much Briere sucked Marty into misgivings and "wanting more" out of the Sabres? One will never know...

??

So what? What is so big about being number one?

Bigger contracts for the no.1 guy versus the no.1a or 1b guy, for starters.

And who is your guy in the playoffs? How many teams have won the Cup rotating/platooning/alternating goalies in the postseason?

Bigger contracts for the no.1 guy versus the no.1a or 1b guy, for starters.

And who is your guy in the playoffs? How many teams have won the Cup rotating/platooning/alternating goalies in the postseason?

Carolina Hurricanes... Gerber was the man at first and was yanked and then Ward settled in after a little round and round...

No?

I suggested keeping Biron and trading Miller last year! Oh, Biron has been sucky of late and Miller has been "hot", but he has hardly "won" any games for us this year. As usual he only lets 1-2 goals in when we score 5+, like the last few games. He SUCKs in the SO.... Plus, I would say we HAD a better D in front of Miller, esp w/ Soupy here. Here's the stats..

GA

20th Ryan Miller 2.56

27th Martin Biron 2.7

Save %

11th Martin Biron .913

18th Ryan Miller .911

Wins:

8th Ryan Miller 32 of 68 win % of .47

18th Martin Biron 25 of 55 win % of .45

SO

21st Martin Biron 3

15th Ryan Miller 3

Both have 3, not sure while Biron listed 21st and Miller 15th, especially since Biron has played like 15% less games and has just as many.

Seems to me, Biron there are really similar with two big differences on Biron's side. A, as is stands now, his team in the playoffs, Buffalo isn't. B, His team has him signed for a few more years at a more affordable salary.

Not sure of his details (3-4 mil a year?), but word is Miller is looking for 5-6-7 Mil a year... For WHAT? Biron type #'s?

I say trade him unless he starts stopping the soft goals....... Bring back the Dominator, even at ~40 he is still putting up better numbers than Miller..

Archived