Kaleta sits or plays  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should Lindy do?

• He need to play
    • Connolly is a better player, he needs to be in there
    • Sit Max, he's a turnover waiting to happen
    • Play Kaleta, Max and Connolly, sit someone else
    • Kaleta makes no difference

I feel like I've started this thread before but it's needs reinforcing. Please, for the love of God, keep Patty in the damn lineup! If Connolly comes back, sit Max but please don't sit Kaleta. He's exactly what this team needs! The 4th line's play the last 2 games has been a real inspiration. Don't sit him Lindy!

Definitely a lot of better choices to sit. Hockey players are not all just interchangeable parts. He fills a specific role better than any other player on the team would and it fires up the whole team. In fact, the whole fourth line (Stafford-Mair-Kaleta) has been playing very well together, hitting and scoring, and I wouldn't touch it. Stafford needed a fire lit under his ass; Adam and Patty have given him that. He can be physical and adds a little more scoring potential that compliments the skill that Mair actually has, but rarely gets to use. Hell, at this point, I'd rather see him sit Vanek than Kaleta, which would also send a message to Thomas and the rest of the team.

I feel like I've started this thread before but it's needs reinforcing. Please, for the love of God, keep Patty in the damn lineup! If Connolly comes back, sit Max but please don't sit Kaleta. He's exactly what this team needs! The 4th line's play the last 2 games has been a real inspiration. Don't sit him Lindy!

i agree 150% ink.....here is the best reason I can state why - you always know which games Kaleta played in b/c in one way or another he gets involved. this kid does not take a night off, he agitates, he draws penalties, doesn't take many 'dumb' penalties and he has scored a few goals. when some of the "other" guys are in the lineup an entire game can go by and you could never hear their name.

i love everything this kid brings to the lineup, i would hate him if we played against him, and i love that he is a native!

Max also is a goal waiting to happen, and a line change waiting to happen while he singlehandledly keeps the puck in the opposing zone, chased by five players. He gets nowhere near the credit he deserves on this board.

That said, Kaleta, IN. Peters, time to strike your Heisman fight pose elsewhere.

I agree with Eleven. Play Kaleta, sit Peters. Even though he is under contract for next year, buy him out and give someone else a roster spot, even someone who can just fight normally and maybe contribute more in the playing hockey department.

Max also is a goal waiting to happen, and a line change waiting to happen while he singlehandledly keeps the puck in the opposing zone, chased by five players. He gets nowhere near the credit he deserves on this board.

That said, Kaleta, IN. Peters, time to strike your Heisman fight pose elsewhere.

I think it's pretty much a given that Peters sits when we're all healthy. Since the Campbell trade, this is our lineup (lines not necessarily accurate)

Vanek-Roy-Bernier

Hecht-Connolly-Pominville

Paille-Gaustad-Stafford

Kotalik-Mair-Kaleta

That leaves Max, Ryan, MacArthur, and Peters to sit. Peters definitely doesn't deserve being dressed over the other 3, so unless we have a bunch of injuries, Peters gets the press box.

With Kaleta in, it is going to be Mair that has to throw hands for him.

That is only going to last so long.

Kaleta did fight Avery and he has fought when an opponent of similar stature has approached him. Are you implying that Mair will get tired of sticking up for Kaleta? Possibley but I imagine Kaleta will drop the gloves more as needed throughout his career.

Kaleta did fight Avery and he has fought when an opponent of similar stature has approached him. Are you implying that Mair will get tired of sticking up for Kaleta? Possibley but I imagine Kaleta will drop the gloves more as needed throughout his career.

Not implying Mair will get sick of it. It just moves him into an enforcer role he is ill suited for.

The way Kaleta plays isn't self-contained. There are going to be more fights. There are going to be reprisals - and somebody has to answer the call.

In the game within the game, I really think Laraques elbow to Paestch had more to do with nobody answering the bell for Malkin getting hit by Kaleta the previous game. Laraque probably immediately said - "hey that is the line - nobody hits hits him - and if not tonight - somebody has to go next time or somebody gets hurt." I think you can notice that there was very little team outrage about the elbow to Paestch. Laraque was making good on a promise and probably didn't appeal the suspension. That elbow was no accident. Laraque is not known as a dirty player.

That was a little Gordie Howe justice for something.

Archived