Daniel Paille

inkman

what is with people thinking everyone on the team should be captain?

Outstanding.

As for Paille, how 'bout Hecht as a comparable? Paille has a bit more offensive skill than Yo-yo, and he doesn't bring it every night like Jochen does (and I think this is why he finds himself in the doghouse from time to time), but they seem to have similar body types, they both understand the game well (even last year, Lindy trusted Paille on the PK) and are both strong with the puck in the corners.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Paille plays much better when he's on a top line. Earlier this year he was playing with Hecht and Pommy and scored a few. I think what Lindy sees in him is a lack of play when he's on the checking lines, like he doesn't expect to set up or be set up by someone to score. When he's on a scoring line he steps it up. Hey Danny, get on with your bad a$$!

THANK GOD FOR PIE-YAY!!

I think Cole is a little more power forward, offenseive minded.

I'm thinking Paille reminds me of a Jere Lehtinen type ( except left handed) . Steady, good in his own end. I, like you, have been surprised by his offensive production.

That is the exact name I mentioned earlier in the year, but I think it was over on TSW. See, that's why our server crashed, just so I could never back up this point with the proof deluca will ask for.

But anyway, I guess I'm one of the few who really isn't all that surprised. He showed flashes of this last season. I know there was one game in Boston where he took control of the game and played a huge role in the victory. Unfortunately he got hurt a day or two later or else he may have been much more of an impact player down the stretch. Yeah, his quick leap forward this year is a bit of a surprise, but I've had high hopes for the kid.

Archived