Conklin to start per WGR

Knightrider

I thought last week everyone was "expecting" him to play.

This sounds like Lindy said he's "definitely" starting.

I'm just hoping the knee injury for Spacek is a typo... doesn't he have a broken hand?

I know Max and Paille had hand injuries. I thought the Spacek injury was from being hit in the leg/foot by a puck

Makes sense. I don't like starting Miller both games in a back to back.

Why not? You get back to back games in the playoffs all the time. I'm not arguing the point. I agree it's time for Conklin. It just seems like a strange comment for a big Miller supporter to make.

Why not? You get back to back games in the playoffs all the time. I'm not arguing the point. I agree it's time for Conklin. It just seems like a strange comment for a big Miller supporter to make.

All the time? The schedule is usually every other night...

Miller has played 13 games in a row. Give him a night off.

maybe his faith in miller is waning like mine has been since the all-star break. Before then I would have said yeah, miller is the best. But lately he's been meh. Hell, he was unstoppable in shootouts at the start of the season. We'd go to a shoot out and it was almost a guaranteed win. Now? Not so much.

hopefully Ty and the rest of the team will surprise us tonight, and with the rest we'll see a better Miller into the playoffs.

All the time? The schedule is usually every other night...

Miller has played 13 games in a row. Give him a night off.

"All the time" is a bit of an exaggeration. But it's happened once in a series in three of the six playoff series the Sabres have played in in this decade.

I agree it's time for Miller to have a seat.

But lately he's been meh. Hell, he was unstoppable in shootouts at the start of the season. We'd go to a shoot out and it was almost a guaranteed win. Now? Not so much.

We've lost three times in the shoot out all year. Once against Atlanta in Game 10 in October, once against Boston two or three weeks back, and once against Pittsburgh on Tuesday. The shoot-out in Boston went 8 shooters deep. Miller had a bad time of it Tuesday, no doubt, but he has generally been unstoppable in the shootouts and there is no downward trend yet.

EDIT: Make that four times, twice against Boston. The other Boston game was in January.

We've lost three times in the shoot out all year. Once against Atlanta in Game 10 in October, once against Boston two or three weeks back, and once against Pittsburgh on Tuesday. The shoot-out in Boston went 8 shooters deep. Miller had a bad time of it Tuesday, no doubt, but he has generally been unstoppable in the shootouts and there is no downward trend yet.

EDIT: Make that four times, twice against Boston. The other Boston game was in January.

That was the Sabres' "running for the bus" shootout - all three guys came in and tried the same weak-ass move and shot (Briere, Kotalik and Vanek) and Thomas barely had to move on any of them.

The numbers bear out what Wraith said. If anything, Miller had been getting better in shootouts as the season progressed, up until the Pens game. For the record, of the 10 goalies who have seen at least 30 shots in a shootout, Miller's save percentage (.804) is bested by only Lundqvist of NYR and Thomas of Boston.

Here's a number hopeles will love! Brodeur has seen 51 shootout shots, most in the NHL, and allowed 17 goals! .667 is WAY down the list.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetchKey=2...wName=shootouts

Archived