Biron to perhaps recruit Briere

BuffalOhio

I don't like the sound of this at all!

"From Chuck Gormley in the Courier Post today:

In fact, Biron said he and Briere were talking about the possibility of signing with the Flyers just the other night.

"If I have more conversations with him the rest of the year and the summer, I'll definitely say something good about the Flyers," Biron said. "Seeing all the moves they've done in the last few weeks they're really moving forward. They did the right thing."

Courier Post

This is going to be an interesting off-season. I see more moves being made to clear more space. The question will be which veterans are you willing to part with to make space for people like Stafford, Paille, MacArthur, and Kaleta.

Kaleta will get more time in the AHL. Paille's already got a spot on this team. Ideally Mair and Peters are gone to make space for the other two, but it could very easily end up being someone none of us want to see gone (you know exactly who I'm talking about).

This is going to be an interesting off-season. I see more moves being made to clear more space. The question will be which veterans are you willing to part with to make space for people like Stafford, Paille, MacArthur, and Kaleta.

Replacing vets who make 2 mil plus with people who make half as much or less opens up cap space to re-sign Drury, and Briere. I don't see the cap making a big jump up this year so there won't be a big pool of new money, only existing money.

FAs want to win as well as cash in, teams like Philly aren't close to winning now, they are rebuilding and going young. How much is knowing you are going to lose a lot for a year or two worth to a player?

With the core of talent we have we will not have a hard time recruiting players to come here.

I believe the cap is rumored to go up to 47-49 million next year.

Also, Kaleta will not make this roster next year. Too many players to jump over in my opinion. He will someday hopefully, but not next year. (MacArthur is another longshot to make the roster)

When's the last time Philly had someone that small on their team. They always had the "bigger is better" mentality.

With Holgrem and Luce they are going to adopt the deeper is better mentality.

I would look to them to start filling lines and adding speed - they are going to

get faster and deeper everywhere starting with defense. Just watch.

When's the last time Philly had someone that small on their team. They always had the "bigger is better" mentality.

how was that mentality working for them? the new management is figuring it out mighty quick - bigger=slower=losses.

Luce seems to be mimicking the sabres formula for creating a hockey franchise. they could become huge rivals again in the next few years, and it might start with picking up briere over their bigger guys. fans wont complain over winning, no matter who they put on the ice.

We'll see how Marty gets along in Philly.

If you think we were intolerant of the daily soft goal - wait for

Philadelphia to chime in what they think of it.

Yeah but after suffering through Esche and Nittymakki all year, anything is an improvement...hell they could have thrown that picture of a goalie that street hockey nets come with in there and it'd probably play just as well. You know, the one you attach to the goal posts.

I think Marty will end up with a GAA between 2.70 and 3.00 in Philly, which would be pretty good considering they are the worst/give up the most goals. The fans will like him I bet too. And sadly, I can see Briere going there :death: but he's gotta do what he's gotta do, it'll probably be his last big contract and you can't hold it against him, much like McKee.

Any chance that caused Danny's flu?

If that is even 1% true, I've lost all respect for Danny, not that I had a tremendous amount for someone that dives way too often and whines to officials WHILE the play is still going on. <_<

Yeah but after suffering through Esche and Nittymakki all year, anything is an improvement...hell they could have thrown that picture of a goalie that street hockey nets come with in there and it'd probably play just as well. You know, the one you attach to the goal posts.
Ahhhh, the Shooter Tutor....I had a few goalie friends in floor and roller hockey leagues that we could have replaced with the Shooter Tutor and we might have had a better chance of winning...

post-327-1172774859_thumbjpg

Archived