Drury possibly back friday

Corp000085

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/hock...y.ap/index.html

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Chris Drury will miss Buffalo's game against Toronto on Tuesday as the Sabres co-captain recovers from a concussion after being blindsided by Ottawa's Chris Neil last week.

Coach Lindy Ruff said Monday that Drury is still a few days away from being cleared for practice. There's a chance he could return by this weekend, when Buffalo hosts Montreal on Friday.

no additional comments necessary

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Chris Drury will miss Buffalo's game against Toronto on Tuesday as the Sabres co-captain recovers from a concussion after being blindsided by Ottawa's Chris Neil last week.

But according to many of our friends in Ottawa, Neil swooped in and came in from the front at the last minute. Is it possible to be blindsided from the front?

This week...next week. What does it matter? The GREAT, FANTASTIC news is that the injury is not long-term, and there is every reason to believe that he will return long before the playoffs start :)

my thoughts, exactly.

It matters because Im going to the game on friday and I want him to play!

hmm. the exact opposite of my thoughts. :thumbdown:

i too am going to the game on friday. i have no need to see 23 on the ice at that time; i want him healthy and on the ice come april, may, june.

if the drury injury has any trace of a concussion, then what is the point of bringing him back as soon as possible, IMO possibly falling a position in the standing is far less important than risking drurys health before he is ready. as long as he comes back a few games before the playoffs to get his legs back, i have no problem with him sitting down for a little while until were positive hes healed and ready to play.

if the drury injury has any trace of a concussion, then what is the point of bringing him back as soon as possible, IMO possibly falling a position in the standing is far less important than risking drurys health before he is ready. as long as he comes back a few games before the playoffs to get his legs back, i have no problem with him sitting down for a little while until were positive hes healed and ready to play.

the sabres still have things to wrap up in the regular season. if these reports are true, it sounds like he was knocked woosy on thursday, felt like crap friday, and saturday things turned around. If lindy says he'll be back on the ice later this week, he could play friday or saturday. With all these reports about him coming back, we'd all know by now if it were a season ending cracked face bone injury. its not, and he'll be back this weekend or early next week at the latest.

the sabres still have things to wrap up in the regular season. if these reports are true, it sounds like he was knocked woosy on thursday, felt like crap friday, and saturday things turned around. If lindy says he'll be back on the ice later this week, he could play friday or saturday. With all these reports about him coming back, we'd all know by now if it were a season ending cracked face bone injury. its not, and he'll be back this weekend or early next week at the latest.

agreed, all im saying is lets not rush him back just so we can have him in the lineup. were still in fine shape and ill be more than happy to see drury back - when hes ready <_<

ahem... How does one reconcile "his eye is completely closed" yesterday with "he'll be fine by the weekend"? I can't imagine 20+ stitches heal that quickly. He'd be at risk for opening the wound IMHO. He's out for weeks, not days. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. I think we are getting our hopes up way too early on this.

ahem... How does one reconcile "his eye is completely closed" yesterday with "he'll be fine by the weekend"? I can't imagine 20+ stitches heal that quickly. He'd be at risk for opening the wound IMHO. He's out for weeks, not days. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. I think we are getting our hopes up way too early on this.

i'm just reading into the "he'll be back on the ice in a few days". Not like he has to burn through 30 lbs of labatt blue and chicken wings ala tim connolly. if he practices, he'll be ready a couple days later.

i too am going to the game on friday. i have no need to see 23 on the ice at that time; i want him healthy and on the ice come april, may, june.

AGREED. I would rather he sit out till around April 9th or so. Give me a healthy, refreshed Chris Drury that can see out of both eyes.

Archived