Waivers....Sabres should act fast

mis3384

According to Hockey Buzz

the following players have been placed on waivers:

Brian Boucher, Bryan Berard, Michael Leighton, Denis Hamel, Jason Krog, Mikko Kapanen, Marc Chouinard, Aaron Downey, and Petr Cajanek

--- I know the sabres wont have first pick at them, but I would try and put a bid in for Boucher and Berard...and maybe Cajanek

----Then they could trade biron and get somthing in return

what do u think?????

According to Hockey Buzz

Brian Boucher, Bryan Berard, Michael Leighton, Denis Hamel, Jason Krog, Mikko Kapanen, Marc Chouinard, Aaron Downey, and Petr Cajanek

--- I know the sabres wont have first pick at them, but I would try and put a bid in for Boucher and Berard...and maybe Cajanek

what do u think?????

Bryan Berard on waivers? Why? Anybody have any insight?

Hockey Buzz, mainly Eklund, is getting old! Enough already with this clown!

I actually prefer Spector's Hockey web site. He seems to lean on some reliable sources prior to posting whatever rumors are flying around.

One of the most surprising nuggets from his site today is that Biron could go to Pittsburgh for Ryan Malone. Seems a little far-fetched, but if it goes down I would not be shocked. Malone could serve as the back-up plan in the event that either of the following happen: (1) Connolly is truly not ready, or (2) We lose Drury or Briere in the off-season.

According to Hockey Buzz

what do u think?????

Kapanen, Chouinard or Boucher would good pickups. Downey is more of an enforcer. If anyone has ever seen one punch on youtube that pretty much sums up Aaron Downey.

Don't teams put players on the wire to see who is interested? Then they recall the waivers and try to work out a trade?

Does the new CBA allow for that?

Berard demanded a trade.

tsn and spector are reporting these names now too.

He makes $2.5 and has played in only 10 games.

Hockey Buzz, mainly Eklund, is getting old! Enough already with this clown!

I actually prefer Spector's Hockey web site. He seems to lean on some reliable sources prior to posting whatever rumors are flying around.

One of the most surprising nuggets from his site today is that Biron could go to Pittsburgh for Ryan Malone. Seems a little far-fetched, but if it goes down I would not be shocked. Malone could serve as the back-up plan in the event that either of the following happen: (1) Connolly is truly not ready, or (2) We lose Drury or Briere in the off-season.

I agree that Spector is more reliable. But why would PITT want a goalie when they have two good ones? Doesn't make sense to me.

Don't teams put players on the wire to see who is interested? Then they recall the waivers and try to work out a trade?

Does the new CBA allow for that?

He makes $2.5 and has played in only 10 games.

No. While a player is on waivers any team may claim him and the waiving team has no recourse to keep the player.

If the player's compensation exceeds a threshold, the player has to clear waivers to come back UP as well as to be sent down. If the player is claimed on the way back up, the waiving team has to pick up 1/2 the player's salary.

I agree that Spector is more reliable. But why would PITT want a goalie when they have two good ones? Doesn't make sense to me.

Fluery has hit the skids lately, and is still a young guy. That's probably the reason for the rumor. Whether the rumor is even remotely close to being true, though, is a whole other debate.

Archived